Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #171
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
I don't mean YOU are fighting, I just meant I have seen fighting on this thread
Thanks for clarifying!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #172
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I honestly agree, only my issue is that mods are too quick to delete threads that are in the "wrong" place. Sometimes this is a matter of opinion. I made a thread "Have you seen CATS the musical?" and it got deleted. I was told it was supposed to be i n polls. In my opinion, there was no reason to delete that thread. I think it was fine in open mike. it wasn't hurting anything, or confusing anyone.

I think the rules need to be revised, as you said, with a list of thread types not allowed. Many threads are deleted for reasons not in the rules. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to delete some of them, I'm saying that the rules need to be inclusive of ALL threads that will be deleted.

Just my two cents.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #173
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Trading through PM's (at least from what I learned) is exactly like trading on a thread except through PMs. When you're a GG (I was gifted at the time), instead of offering on a thread you are allowed to offer through PM. The reason why I was confused was because in my PM I said to "open up his trade thread", and I didn't say anything like "Hey, I got ____, what would you trade me for it?" I don't think that was explicitly saying I wanted to trade through PM but maybe we can get this cleared by a GC/mod/admin. I don't know whether rules have been changed since then.

I agree with this- since we're both respectfully stating our opinions, this isn't an argument It's great to see how others think and sometimes you can learn from others. For example, there are debates about laws, so of course there could be debates about rules.
That's odd-come to think of it, I don't even know what the definition of "trading/trade talk" in PM is! I just became a Guru not so long ago, and don't recall anything except for something to the means of "You have the ability to open/close your own thread, and trade through PM". Hmm-that's interesting. Maybe you should PM a mod about it...

But that's kind of off topic-It's important to ask questions about the rules if you have any doubts, because, as you said, the rules can always change and, as some people refer to it, the "strictness of the staff" about certain things can too, and not everyone may be aware of these changes.

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
I honestly agree, only my issue is that mods are too quick to delete threads that are in the "wrong" place. Sometimes this is a matter of opinion. I made a thread "Have you seen CATS the musical?" and it got deleted. I was told it was supposed to be i n polls. In my opinion, there was no reason to delete that thread. I think it was fine in open mike. it wasn't hurting anything, or confusing anyone.

I think the rules need to be revised, as you said, with a list of thread types not allowed. Many threads are deleted for reasons not in the rules. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to delete some of them, I'm saying that the rules need to be inclusive of ALL threads that will be deleted.

Just my two cents.
I agree that on occasion, I will post, or create a thread, and it might be deleted, and I'll look in the rules, and the reason may not be there. However, I don't think there is any way for EVERY possible example to be listed into the rules.

On the other hand, I think it would be a GREAT idea to have a new thread or something created in the Pollz/Open mike section (these seem to be the places where the most issues are), something to the means of a thread where people could post ideas for polls asking if they were OK, and a mod could maybe answer, and add it to a list on the front page. I got this idea from the stickied thread in the Are You Game? section that JacksMom maintains.

Last edited by samoyeds43; 07-27-2010 at 03:52 PM..
Old 07-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #174
I'm Julia
Webkinz :)

skyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with graceskyrazor12 wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Hmm. I think everyone here does a good job of enforcing the rules. I don't think they are too strict, but honestly, a few in-depth guidelines might do everyone a little justice
skyrazor12 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #175
no

pikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talentpikachukick900 has lots of talent

no, this is just plain insulting the rules.
sure, we all get a post deleted sometime, but that doesn't mean the rules are strict!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #176

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
sure, we all get a post deleted sometime, but that doesn't mean the rules are strict!!!!
I used to get posts deleted alot. Like, one or twice a week. Now I'm more careful about what I post. (:
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #177
Sssssssssss......
Tyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guideTyrannus Rex is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by pikachukick900
Well, one time more than 50 of my posts were deleted when my thread in Creative Works was deleted as well. It was deleted when the new (very strict) rules in that section began.
Tyrannus Rex is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 05:58 PM   #178
lps3cheese has disabled reputation

I strongly agree with this, webkinz insider was fun for the first few days, but then I saw this dog that was doing the stomp action on me in regular kinzchat AND glaring at me as well, and on the thread I said I glared back, but it got deleted because "rudeness with rudeness is not allowed.". I've seen at least 10 THREADS that were completely rude, and to this day, all them are still there! What the?
Ps I'm really sad u got banned dotdotduck. I don't think u did anything wrong except this thread, which really needs to get more publicity.
lps3cheese is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #179
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

I pretty much agree with you, DDD.
Just wondering: what's so bad about family advice threads?
i love summer is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 07:24 PM   #180
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
I pretty much agree with you, DDD.
Just wondering: what's so bad about family advice threads?
someone could say

"maybe if you slapped your brother that would solve everything. also you should throw his toys everywhere that would do it."

I may be over exagerating, but that's my point.
softballipod is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer