Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #161
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I know where you're coming from, but do you really consider that as trading through PM? This is just going back to the whole strictness thing-- I wasn't asking the person to trade, I asked them to open up their trade thread. I'm sure there are others who have done the same thing as me but weren't "caught" or their friends weren't banned earlier that day (LOL lucky me, huh? What are the chances of that?) I would understand if I was banned for PMing them saying "Hey, I got ____ (I forgot what it was LOL), what would you trade me for it?" If I were banned for THAT, I'd understand fully.
Actually, I think that's one of the greatest lessons you can learn. There are plenty of examples in life where it's a rule that's there, but a lot of people don't follow. Take this, for example (real story)-

Our family was visiting my mom's relatives in Massachusetts, and we were looking for a place to park while we had dinner in a restaurant. My mom called my aunt, and she said, "Oh, you can park across from the restaurant in front of the bank-you're not really supposed to, but everyone does, and we do it all the time with no problem." So, we parked there. When we left the restaurant, there was a police officer standing outside of our car with a ticket, and he explained that you weren't supposed to park there. And these were his exact words: "Now, I know that you're not from here, and you've heard that a lot of people park here and get away with it, because we usually don't monitor it here, but my advice-just be on the safe side and don't park here, because you never know when we might be."

First, I would like to say that my aunt isn't a bad person, and I'm sure you can understand that she was only doing as everyone else did, and that she had probably parked there a dozen times without a problem. It just so happens that on that day, the police was patrolling to make sure no one was parked there.

Second of all, this just goes to show that even though some people get away with it without getting caught, there will always be that happening, and you should always just follow the rules, because you never know one day when the staff will decide to be a little more vigilant about that, and then you might get caught.

And regarding the PM trading thing-I'm not sure of the exact definition it-the only thing I can say is that the staff member was probably thinking that that sort of PM could lead to PM trade discussion. I'm pretty sure PM trading includes talking about your trades and saying what items you would offer.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #162
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Lets stop Arguing, the WI staff does what they can, they can be as strict or as lenient as they want. They treat everyone the same, and they aren't robots, so yes, they will have the personal opinions.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #163
Gift Guru

wyatt061 has disabled reputation

Guys,

We are fighting about this... this thing that isn't up to us. I am not a mod, an admin, a founder, a gift coach, or anything like that. I am a WI member. We all are just WI members. Only some people can change the rules, but getting mad and yelling at each other about rules. yes, we are fighting about rules. I have joined about 20 sites in my life time, NONE of them are as fun or safe as this one. I know I can go on this site and not be stalked, or not be made fun of, or anything like that. This is a family site... it's not myspace, or twitter, or facebook. I joined this site for WEBKINZ. I will admit it, I LOVED webkinz more than anything. But now I am at this site to talk to the FRIENDS I have made.
I am not gonna state my opinion on the rules.... they are RULES. Everywhere I go there are rules. I like some, and hate others.
Come on guys, this is just... not like any of you! This is just one of those things that we don't need to fight about.
wyatt061 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #164
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
Guys,

We are fighting about this... this thing that isn't up to us. I am not a mod, an admin, a founder, a gift coach, or anything like that. I am a WI member. We all are just WI members. Only some people can change the rules, but getting mad and yelling at each other about rules. yes, we are fighting about rules. I have joined about 20 sites in my life time, NONE of them are as fun or safe as this one. I know I can go on this site and not be stalked, or not be made fun of, or anything like that. This is a family site... it's not myspace, or twitter, or facebook. I joined this site for WEBKINZ. I will admit it, I LOVED webkinz more than anything. But now I am at this site to talk to the FRIENDS I have made.
I am not gonna state my opinion on the rules.... they are RULES. Everywhere I go there are rules. I like some, and hate others.
Come on guys, this is just... not like any of you! This is just one of those things that we don't need to fight about.
With all due respect-I do not think we're fighting at all. Besides, if we were fighting, then I'd love to take a gander that the thread would have been closed, and posts edited. I have come to love this thread in the past few hours that I've been familiar with it, and I think it should stay open, even for just a little longer, because it's a great thread to post your thoughts about the rules, and if you're confused or have an issue with them, have someone else share their opinion, and in many cases, help you understand them.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #165
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
With all due respect-I do not think we're fighting at all. Besides, if we were fighting, then I'd love to take a gander that the thread would have been closed, and posts edited. I have come to love this thread in the past few hours that I've been familiar with it, and I think it should stay open, even for just a little longer, because it's a great thread to post your thoughts about the rules, and if you're confused or have an issue with them, have someone else share their opinion, and in many cases, help you understand them.
Yes, but it also got some people in trouble I looked through the thread and have noticed some.... not so nice remarks. This would make a great thread, if everyone calmed down.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #166
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by wyatt061
Yes, but it also got some people in trouble I looked through the thread and have noticed some.... not so nice remarks. This would make a great thread, if everyone calmed down.
Yes-I noticed that also-you bring up a great point. I think people just need to, as I said before, reconsider how they want to word their opinion.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #167
Webkinz :)

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

I think that the staff are doing a great job with the rules. Some may not make sense, but they have reasons for all of them.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #168
Webkinz :)

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Yes-I noticed that also-you bring up a great point. I think people just need to, as I said before, reconsider how they want to word their opinion.
Yes, some need to re-word their posts. (;
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #169
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Actually, I think that's one of the greatest lessons you can learn. There are plenty of examples in life where it's a rule that's there, but a lot of people don't follow. Take this, for example (real story)-

Our family was visiting my mom's relatives in Massachusetts, and we were looking for a place to park while we had dinner in a restaurant. My mom called my aunt, and she said, "Oh, you can park across from the restaurant in front of the bank-you're not really supposed to, but everyone does, and we do it all the time with no problem." So, we parked there. When we left the restaurant, there was a police officer standing outside of our car with a ticket, and he explained that you weren't supposed to park there. And these were his exact words: "Now, I know that you're not from here, and you've heard that a lot of people park here and get away with it, because we usually don't monitor it here, but my advice-just be on the safe side and don't park here, because you never know when we might be."

First, I would like to say that my aunt isn't a bad person, and I'm sure you can understand that she was only doing as everyone else did, and that she had probably parked there a dozen times without a problem. It just so happens that on that day, the police was patrolling to make sure no one was parked there.

Second of all, this just goes to show that even though some people get away with it without getting caught, there will always be that happening, and you should always just follow the rules, because you never know one day when the staff will decide to be a little more vigilant about that, and then you might get caught.

And regarding the PM trading thing-I'm not sure of the exact definition it-the only thing I can say is that the staff member was probably thinking that that sort of PM could lead to PM trade discussion. I'm pretty sure PM trading includes talking about your trades and saying what items you would offer.
Trading through PM's (at least from what I learned) is exactly like trading on a thread except through PMs. When you're a GG (I was gifted at the time), instead of offering on a thread you are allowed to offer through PM. The reason why I was confused was because in my PM I said to "open up his trade thread", and I didn't say anything like "Hey, I got ____, what would you trade me for it?" I don't think that was explicitly saying I wanted to trade through PM but maybe we can get this cleared by a GC/mod/admin. I don't know whether rules have been changed since then.

I agree with this- since we're both respectfully stating our opinions, this isn't an argument It's great to see how others think and sometimes you can learn from others. For example, there are debates about laws, so of course there could be debates about rules.

Last edited by Dogluver620; 07-27-2010 at 03:31 PM..
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #170
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Trading through PM's (at least from what I learned) is exactly like trading on a thread except through PMs. When you're a GG (I was gifted at the time), instead of offering on a thread you are allowed to offer through PM. The reason why I was confused was because in my PM I said to "open up his trade thread", and I didn't say anything like "Hey, I got ____, what would you trade me for it?" I don't think that was explicitly saying I wanted to trade through PM but maybe we can get this cleared by a GC/mod/admin. I don't know whether rules have been changed since then.

I agree with this- since we're both respectfully stating our opinions, this isn't an argument It's great to see how others think and sometimes you can learn from others. For example, there are debates about laws, so of course there could be debates about rules.
I don't mean YOU are fighting, I just meant I have seen fighting on this thread
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer