Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #141
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by samoyeds43
OK, normally I would not touch this with a 10-foot pole, but I'm going to attempt to look at this in a rational way (although I struggle to find sense in some of this).

The way I see it, this discussion has branched off in so many places that in order to fully address everything, I would have to write an essay about it-which I have no intention of doing. Why? Because nothing will come of personal attacks and nitpicking. As Confucius said, "Before you embark on a jouney of revenge, dig two graves." You can argue with others and clash opinions as much as you like to give your opinion the upper hand, but you're also hurting yourself. Is this really how you want to represent yourself? The reason why posts/threads are edited is because they are breaking the rules, or because the moderator/administrator sees something that potentially could lead to turbulence/breaking of the rules. Just because nothing says that you can't do something, doesn't mean that you should.
It's like walking on the beach. There may not be a sign that says, "Don't catch the fish to take them home.", but should you really? There may not be a sign that says, "Don't
I love this thread because it's enjoyable to read through all of the posts and see all of the different opinions. That is what is great about opinions-no one is ever right or wrong, because it's what you believe in. That being said, there is a difference between speaking your opinion and just shouting out anything you feel at the moment, without any regard or consideration as to what the effect will be.

Here's another quote that I love-by Plato: "Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."

In reference to opinions, the above quote can be connected. If you think about your words, and carefully word your opinion before you post, then you show self-discipline and maturity-being the "wise man", putting your opinion out there because it contributes to the topic. If you just post a long rant with no regard and respect to anyone, then you should expect it to be edited/deleted-thus being the "fool" and just ranting because you feel like it. I am a very strong opinionated person, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to know your boundaries. Everywhere you go will be different. Sometimes, people will look for raw emotion and the true form of your argument, and somewhere, you will have to tone it down-you just need to adjust. You can still speak your opinion without editing out things, all while being respectful-you just need to work on how to do that.

In my opinion, this isn't "dumbing it down" to the family-friendly intentions of the site-it is putting your opinion in a more respectful, more thoughtful way.

In reference to the original intention of this thread, I think that one unseen rule applies: Think before you post. Use common sense. Think about the consequence that your action will have. Come on, we all know that this site is a Webkinz-oriented site, and is supposed to be family-friendly. In fact, we should be grateful that we are allowed to discuss other things on here too, and have non-Webkinz-related chats. Think about it-think about how hard it is for the staff to manage 100,000+ members and thousands of posts. It would be easier for them to be more strict and ban people right when they saw an inappropriate post, and who says that that wouldn't send a strong message to watch your behavior? I'm not a proponent of this, but some say experience is the best teacher, and I do agree with that. Not everything is learned through reading books and rules-it's experience that really gives you the upper hand when deciding whether to post something or not. Whether certain staff members have different opinions than others should be irrelevant.

The bottom line: We all have our opinions, and even though we are free to speak our opinions, WI still reserves the right to take action if the way you express it is offensive or meant in a derrogatory way toward others/their opinions. If you are looking for a rulebook that explains every situation to you-keep looking, because you will never find it. There are countless scenarios and examples for posts, and only TRUE way to find out if something is OK is A. Post it and see what happens. B. Speak to a staff member about it. Regarding people who have said that they have asked a staff member for advice, and they have said yes, only to find that another staff member disagrees-be rational about this.We are all unique people-it's bound to happen. If you are concerned with that, then speak to both staff members. Speaking to staff members (politely, of course) about their varying opinions won't get you in trouble-in fact, it may help them say something like "Hey, I never noticed that. I think this is wrong, but you think it's right. We should have the staff rediscuss this to establish a clear solution." If you aren't sure about something, then just PM a staff member, or if you don't feel like doing that, then don't post it. It shows intiative and maturity when you think about your actions before you carry them out, and there is absolutely no way to consolidate all of the possible scenarios and ideas into one rulebook-that will NEVER be accomplished for any topic, by any person, anywhere.
I was banned from the GE more than a year ago with no PM's for two weeks. The only thing I did was PM my friend (who is no longer active here) to open up their GE because I had just gotten one of the items they'd been searching for for a while. I was never taught in the GE that this was wrong, nor did I think this was "trading in PM's" because I thought trading in PM's meant that you were offering and actually working out a deal. When I PMed the admin who had banned me later on, I found out my friend had been removed from the GE earlier that day. That was kind of a moment for me but I realized that because they were so thorough with the GE I probably should've checked to see whether or not my friend had been banned that day, although I don't check my friends' profiles every day to see if they were banned LOL. Well, that was over a year ago and it doesn't really affect me now, but to be honest I don't trade here anymore because I'm afraid that I will do something else that will somehow get me removed again.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #142
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Starfall
I mean, like I'm new and I just don't post threads because nothing really happens to me or something and/or I don't feel like it. But I think there should be a copy of the rules in every Subpage. That could help alot. Then people would see it where they are and don't have to go somewhere else for it. (Also, the ads slow the loading of the page.) We have people maybe from 6 (Webkinz Jr.) all the way to adults and that makes making the rules as hard as possible. I just had an idea... maybe if you want to talk about friendship, could make a page where they check your age (You gave it signing up) and if you were a certain age, you couldn't go in. But, it still has issuses with it. I think talking in person would be the best for that.

Still, our staff is doing their best so don't try to put more on them to make their lifes harder.
I like the idea of rules in every part of the forum. But your idea of the page where they check your age and your can/can't go in, that would not be fair. Members have suggested this many times before and this has not been may because members may feel left out.


View Post Originally Posted by Josie.
I agree with this..Like, if a thread gets closed..at least the person who made the thread should know why..Or like you suggested [even better] that there would be a thread that could list reasons why they could have gotten closed..!
And I agree also with what it should NOT be about..Like people..This is *WEBKINZ*insider.Not just ''let's go chat about my new boyfriend! teeheeteeheehee!! -giggle-"

-Josie.
I laughed at the last part of your post.


View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
Not only more rules, more moderation.
There are by far tons more members now then there was when i joined. As a result, more threads to be moderated, and as a result of that- more moving/closing/ editing threads. Personally i don't think the staff has gotten stricter or looser on their job, I think what they are doing is correct.
I also think the mods and admins are doing a great job. Sure, some things may not make sense to you, but they have a reason for every rule.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #143
Gifted
 
wowewe's Avatar
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I was banned from the GE more than a year ago with no PM's for two weeks. The only thing I did was PM my friend (who is no longer active here) to open up their GE because I had just gotten one of the items they'd been searching for for a while. I was never taught in the GE that this was wrong, nor did I think this was "trading in PM's" because I thought trading in PM's meant that you were offering and actually working out a deal. When I PMed the admin who had banned me later on, I found out my friend had been removed from the GE earlier that day. That was kind of a moment for me but I realized that because they were so thorough with the GE I probably should've checked to see whether or not my friend had been banned that day, although I don't check my friends' profiles every day to see if they were banned LOL. Well, that was over a year ago and it doesn't really affect me now, but to be honest I don't trade here anymore because I'm afraid that I will do something else that will somehow get me removed again.
I made a stupid mistake, too, and was removed of privileges [without them to this day]. When I first learned of it, I thought, Why are they so strict here? I hate this place, I'm going to leave, bla bla bla. Now I realize, they did that to protect ME. So that if I was ever allowed into the GE/allowed PMs again, I wouldn't make the same mistake. And so I wouldn't think I could do it again, and eventually get banned that way. I now know to be more careful regarding rules, and I re-read the rules every once in a while, which is a good thing to practice.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 PM   #144
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by wowewe
I made a stupid mistake, too, and was removed of privileges [without them to this day]. When I first learned of it, I thought, Why are they so strict here? I hate this place, I'm going to leave, bla bla bla. Now I realize, they did that to protect ME. So that if I was ever allowed into the GE/allowed PMs again, I wouldn't make the same mistake. And so I wouldn't think I could do it again, and eventually get banned that way. I now know to be more careful regarding rules, and I re-read the rules every once in a while, which is a good thing to practice.
I didn't think that, but I was really confused because that wasn't what I was taught in the GE. Maybe they could be more specific with the rules because honestly at that time I didn't think that that was considered "trading through PM's." I'm not mad at the staff in all, I just didn't think the admin who handled the situation wasn't very considerate and didn't even want to explain why I was banned, even when I explained to her why I was confused. In fact I had to PM another admin, who had to look into the situation, to explain to me. The fact that I had to even do this really frustrated me. Yes, I am a kid, yes, I mess up sometimes. I appreciate that the admin I later PM'ed cleared things up for me, although after I explained my side of the story I was still removed from the GE for 2 weeks. I didn't complain because I knew there really wasn't a point in complaining. The admin is no longer an admin here, so I'm not talking about any on staff at the moment. There are nice admins/mods out there, so don't base your judgment on the WI staff based on one bad experience.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 PM   #145
Gifted
 
wowewe's Avatar
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I didn't think that, but I was really confused because that wasn't what I was taught in the GE. Maybe they could be more specific with the rules because honestly at that time I didn't think that that was considered "trading through PM's." I'm not mad at the staff in all, I just didn't think the admin who handled the situation wasn't very considerate and didn't even want to explain why I was banned, even when I explained to her why I was confused. In fact I had to PM another admin, who had to look into the situation, to explain to me. The fact that I had to even do this really frustrated me. Yes, I am a kid, yes, I mess up sometimes. I appreciate that the admin I later PM'ed cleared things up for me, although after I explained my side of the story I was still removed from the GE for 2 weeks. I didn't complain because I knew there really wasn't a point in complaining. The admin is no longer an admin here, so I'm not talking about any on staff at the moment. There are nice admins/mods out there, so don't base your judgment on the WI staff based on one bad experience.
I was confused, too, because I didn't know that what I did was wrong. Now I know what I did wrong, although I'm still slightly confused. When I asked if my privileges would ever be returned, I didn't get an answer, and I do not like that. I'm afraid to ask again, because I don't know how pushed-to-the-limit the staff I asked is. The only thing I would like to see more of is explanations when you did something wrong, and important questions answered.

I wouldn't consider myself a completely forgiving person, but I agree with that statement. It's nearly been a year since "It" happened, and that's given me enough time to think about it and to forgive, if any of that was necessary. All staff is different.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #146
Webkinz :)
 
Secret Ninja's Avatar
Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

With all these posts, I'm starting to wonder what the topic of this thread is.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #147
Gifted
 
wowewe's Avatar
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
With all these posts, I'm starting to wonder what the topic of this thread is.
Haha, it's about WI rules being "strict" and people's opinions on it.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #148
gangnam style
Webkinz :)
 
tarsky781's Avatar
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

These posts are the opinions on the GE rules and how strict they are. I like the way this thread is and has been going because members are getting a good chance to thoroughly go through the good and bad things about the WI rules, and maybe a few little disagreements.

I agree, though... I was angry when I was first booted from the GE (though more subtle than that, of course...) at how strict the GE rules were, but I see now that there was a misunderstanding.

Last edited by tarsky781; 07-27-2010 at 02:20 PM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #149
Gifted
 
wowewe's Avatar
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by tarsky781
Why is this thread about the GE instead of its original purpose? LOL.
Sorry, it was about rules and stuff, but it involved the GE.
wowewe is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #150
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

The topic is WI Staff "being too strict". I believe I've made my point.

a - The staff aren't super heros/ robots.
b - They are keeping you safe.

I think they do a wonderful job.
softballipod is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts