Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 11:49 AM   #131
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Josie.
I agree with this..Like, if a thread gets closed..at least the person who made the thread should know why..Or like you suggested [even better] that there would be a thread that could list reasons why they could have gotten closed..!
And I agree also with what it should NOT be about..Like people..This is *WEBKINZ*insider.Not just ''let's go chat about my new boyfriend! teeheeteeheehee!! -giggle-"

-Josie.
When you join WebkinzInsider, you're expected to know the rules and know what is and isn't allowed.
If you didn't read, or if you think a thread that you make or post you made has the chance of being deleted, Read the rules again. They're in the Webkinz insider WIKI. (Which can be found here)
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #132
Webkinz :)
 
kayla8209's Avatar
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Why Kayla?? This is open dialogue and people really have reason to believe that they are entitled to respect and answers. Just like you We don't ban people for their opinions, otherwise none of us would be here I am fairly opinionated myself, but those differences of opinions are what brings about change. We don't expect everyone to agree with us, but we do expect them to follow rules. If you have issues with anything that has happened here, we have open doors and we've welcomed your PM's, you know that from experience. You and I have talked a couple of times. I would hope that you regard us as fair and open to you and your questions and we have changed things for you when that need arose.
(Justin gave you more reps to give per day, WI Bucks can be used to remove ads and have the benefits of Insider subscription, you have notification when a thread is deleted or a post, you have a new games category, clubs, etc.) You can see we do listen and we accommodate.
I agree with Justin, I am happy to see so many of you caring so deeply about this site and wanting the best for it. That is what makes this community so great to be involved in.
Because most threads like these get closed the day it was made.. Plus this thread is starting arugments.
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 AM   #133
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Just a observation here.

While it seems that WI has gotten more strict in the past year(s)

it has also gotten much BIGGER than when it first started.

So naturally, when you have more members.......more rules must be applied.
Not only more rules, more moderation.
There are by far tons more members now then there was when i joined. As a result, more threads to be moderated, and as a result of that- more moving/closing/ editing threads. Personally i don't think the staff has gotten stricter or looser on their job, I think what they are doing is correct.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #134
jj8
Gift Guru
 
jj8's Avatar
jj8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Honestly, the WI staff can make the rules how they want. They are strict ot keep us safe. if you don't like them just leave. Nobody likes a complainer.

DDD, I will not bash or encourage your thread.

In my opinion the staff has made the rules very safe which is very good. I wouldn't ask for them to get stricter or loosen up a bit. Whatever they do is fine. The reason we have rules is so little kids don't learn cuss words or inapropriate topics. This is akid-friendly site as well as Webkinz is. This is about wekibnz not dating or your hurt animal. People can help you via pm or vm probalyl but as I've siad before the rules are just there to be safe.

Besies,before you could start psoting you were expected to read all the Rules and FAQs and then agree to the Rules. If you didn't like them then then you may or may not like them now.

Justin is right.

Last edited by jj8; 07-27-2010 at 12:06 PM..
jj8 is offline
Old 07-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #135
carry on.
Gifted
 
coolio101's Avatar
coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

Dixiecup has a point.
coolio101 is offline
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #136
Gifted
 
hoodedwarbler13's Avatar
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day
hoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy dayhoodedwarbler13 is the rainbow on a rainy day

Post Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
One of the most basic rules-
This is a Webkinz site, everything MUST be kept PG.
I agree completely!
hoodedwarbler13 is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #137
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru
 
Dogluver620's Avatar
Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209
Because most threads like these get closed the day it was made.. Plus this thread is starting arugments.
LOL that's exactly what I thought... I was so sure they were going to close this thread yesterday. I remember seeing a couple threads in the Open Mike section recently saying almost the same thing as this thread, although I admit DDD's approach was more friendly...
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #138
Gift Guru
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence
samoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellencesamoyeds43 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

OK, normally I would not touch this with a 10-foot pole, but I'm going to attempt to look at this in a rational way (although I struggle to find sense in some of this).

The way I see it, this discussion has branched off in so many places that in order to fully address everything, I would have to write an essay about it-which I have no intention of doing. Why? Because nothing will come of personal attacks and nitpicking. As Confucius said, "Before you embark on a jouney of revenge, dig two graves." You can argue with others and clash opinions as much as you like to give your opinion the upper hand, but you're also hurting yourself. Is this really how you want to represent yourself? The reason why posts/threads are edited is because they are breaking the rules, or because the moderator/administrator sees something that potentially could lead to turbulence/breaking of the rules. Just because nothing says that you can't do something, doesn't mean that you should.
It's like walking on the beach. There may not be a sign that says, "Don't catch the fish to take them home.", but should you really?

I love this thread because it's enjoyable to read through all of the posts and see all of the different opinions. That is what is great about opinions-no one is ever right or wrong, because it's what you believe in. That being said, there is a difference between speaking your opinion and just shouting out anything you feel at the moment, without any regard or consideration as to what the effect will be.

Here's another quote that I love-by Plato: "Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something."

In reference to opinions, the above quote can be connected. If you think about your words, and carefully word your opinion before you post, then you show self-discipline and maturity-being the "wise man", putting your opinion out there because it contributes to the topic. If you just post a long rant with no regard and respect to anyone, then you should expect it to be edited/deleted-thus being the "fool" and just ranting because you feel like it. I am a very strong opinionated person, and there is nothing wrong with that, but you have to know your boundaries. Everywhere you go will be different. Sometimes, people will look for raw emotion and the true form of your argument, and somewhere, you will have to tone it down-you just need to adjust. You can still speak your opinion without editing out things, all while being respectful-you just need to work on how to do that.

In my opinion, this isn't "dumbing it down" to the family-friendly intentions of the site-it is putting your opinion in a more respectful, more thoughtful way.

In reference to the original intention of this thread, I think that one unseen rule applies: Think before you post. Use common sense. Think about the consequence that your action will have. Come on, we all know that this site is a Webkinz-oriented site, and is supposed to be family-friendly. In fact, we should be grateful that we are allowed to discuss other things on here too, and have non-Webkinz-related chats. Think about it-think about how hard it is for the staff to manage 100,000+ members and thousands of posts. It would be easier for them to be more strict and ban people right when they saw an inappropriate post, and who says that that wouldn't send a strong message to watch your behavior? I'm not a proponent of this, but some say experience is the best teacher, and I do agree with that. Not everything is learned through reading books and rules-it's experience that really gives you the upper hand when deciding whether to post something or not. Whether certain staff members have different opinions than others should be irrelevant.

The bottom line: We all have our opinions, and even though we are free to speak our opinions, WI still reserves the right to take action if the way you express it is offensive or meant in a derrogatory way toward others/their opinions. If you are looking for a rulebook that explains every situation to you-keep looking, because you will never find it. There are countless scenarios and examples for posts, and only TRUE way to find out if something is OK is A. Post it and see what happens. B. Speak to a staff member about it. Regarding people who have said that they have asked a staff member for advice, and they have said yes, only to find that another staff member disagrees-be rational about this.We are all unique people-it's bound to happen. If you are concerned with that, then speak to both staff members. Speaking to staff members (politely, of course) about their varying opinions won't get you in trouble-in fact, it may help them say something like "Hey, I never noticed that. I think this is wrong, but you think it's right. We should have the staff rediscuss this to establish a clear solution." If you aren't sure about something, then just PM a staff member, or if you don't feel like doing that, then don't post it. It shows intiative and maturity when you think about your actions before you carry them out, and there is absolutely no way to consolidate all of the possible scenarios and ideas into one rulebook-that will NEVER be accomplished for any topic, by any person, anywhere.

Last edited by samoyeds43; 07-27-2010 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
samoyeds43 is offline
Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #139
Webkinz :)
 
Scenealicious's Avatar
Scenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clownScenealicious is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by rottweilergirl
We're not whining we're standing up for ourselves! a lot of people are tired of being treated unfairly... we all know the rules haven't changed, but 2 years ago, the mods weren't as strict.
That was two years ago. Two years ago there weren't as many members and it was easier to handle.
Scenealicious is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM   #140
Gifted
 
wowewe's Avatar
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

This is a WEBKINZ site, not a party site. The rules are "strict" because WI staff need to protect our younger users. They come here to talk about WEBKINZ. If you don't like the rules, find a teen site to chat on.
wowewe is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts