Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 07:58 AM   #121
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
While you are certainly a very old member, we've never allowed kids to post their ages. Originally, you are right, a month or two in, we allowed adults to post their ages, but we found it to be confusing for our younger and newer members who didn't understand why adults could post ages and they couldn't. So, we decided it was easier and more consistent to not allow ages altogether. This isn't a recent change, I'd say that decision was probably made 2 and a half years ago.

Here's the thing about exact rules.. If we could define them exactly it'd make our lives much easier. If there were no subjectivity or human interpretation and it was as easy as "no to this and yes to that", I could make it so the system simply wouldn't accept threads or posts with certain phrases in them and we'd have no need for staff! The entire staff is on the same page, but some interpret rules and acceptability more strictly or loosely than others, depending on the issue and their expertise.

In addition, some may assume that certain people "get away with things" while others don't, and feel singled out by the staff. This is certainly not the case, trust me. It comes down to this: if it doesn't get reported by a member there is a very poor chance that we will ever see it! And if it isn't reported, the likelihood of moderating action on the post/thread is very, very low... Now, when it comes to posts/threads by well-known, older members, other members respect them and are less likely to report a questionable post or thread and therefore, it seems that it's okay, even when it isn't!

We see a minimum of 100 post reports a day, sometimes 2-3x that, so we need to be as efficient as possible in editing/deleting/closing etc. I wish that we could discuss each issue and make a decision as a group, but it's just not possible.

Now, to answer the question of "lately" becoming much stricter... I read the beginnings of this thread yesterday afternoon and thought about it all night and this morning, because such feelings really worried me. I see a great deal of passion on both sides this morning, which shows how much both "sides" love WI and are just trying to make it better...

So after all the thinking about things being more strict recently, I believe I know why this perception has arisen -- notification PMs! Every time a moderating action is performed on any of your posts or threads, you now get a PM notifying you that something has happened to it (along with a reason, except when it's closed, vB won't let us put a reason for closure). In the past, if your post or thread were to be edited, deleted or closed, you wouldn't know unless you went back to look for your post or thread (or if a mod/admin PM'd you specifically to let you know)! Instead, now, all actions are right there in your Inbox, which provides the ultimate in transparency, but might make you feel like we're being more strict.

I hope this helps you all understand a little bit more and helps explain perhaps why it may seem more strict. We definitely don't want that reputation. We've always been the most reliable source for information and the safest site out there as far as Webkinz fan sites go, and I'm certain we've always been stricter than other sites. But time and again, it has proven to be for the benefit of our members (for example: continuing to resist allowing auctioning in our GE kept most of the duplicated items out of our site and kept nearly all of our members' accounts from being banned in WW when Ganz found out about the duplicators!).

Thanks for being members and thanks for being passionate about your community!

Thank you for posting this, Justin. The irony: First the members ask for a PM notification, and now they are making it cause problems.
kittycats10 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #122
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kittycats10
Thank you for posting this, Justin. The irony: First the members ask for a PM notification, and now they are making it cause problems.
Yes, thank you Justin! I agree, I think it's the PM notifications that people have interpreted as 'more rules'. Before that, most of us never knew if one of our posts was deleted, or it just wasn't a really big deal, and it was a little more impersonal. I like the PM info being sent, but I can see how some people may take it as a little more like being disciplined. I guess you just can't please everybody! LOL
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #123
oot Woot! I'm A

Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!Perrypinkster is not just visiting!

Thanks Justin! Lets hope it clears everything up.
Perrypinkster is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #124
SEE the THUNDER

Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!Crashkittenjr is the cats pajamas!

Thanks, Dotdotduck, I, in fact, do not hate the Admins/Mods. I like them, they are understanding, and try to help you with your problem, and like my mother, if you begin to get cranky, or "smart mouthed" with them a bit, you will be grounded/Banned. I like it being stricted (Sp?) because it helps you follow the rules better, and you can't slack. Slacking never gets you anywhere, right? I try my best to follow the rules, and if i see a problem with my post, thread, etc, i go to the admin/mods right away to tell on myself. I also do this in reality, because its the right thing to do, and i try to always tell them please, and thank you.

Thanks, Dotdotduck! I'm glad you made this thread!

Crashkittenjr

(please delete this post if it has a problem with it. like saying "smart mouthed") (:
Crashkittenjr is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #125

kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

I'm shock they kept this open this long.
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 AM   #126
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Perrypinkster
Agreed. People should be happy that why is strict because it's making it safer for everyone. If you have a family/medical/dating problem go talk to someone and NOT post it all over the internet.

Thanks for making this thread Julie.

~Perry
I totally agree with you (Perrypinkster) and dotdotduck .
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #127
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209
I'm shock they kept this open this long.
Why Kayla?? This is open dialogue and people really have reason to believe that they are entitled to respect and answers. Just like you We don't ban people for their opinions, otherwise none of us would be here I am fairly opinionated myself, but those differences of opinions are what brings about change. We don't expect everyone to agree with us, but we do expect them to follow rules. If you have issues with anything that has happened here, we have open doors and we've welcomed your PM's, you know that from experience. You and I have talked a couple of times. I would hope that you regard us as fair and open to you and your questions and we have changed things for you when that need arose.
(Justin gave you more reps to give per day, WI Bucks can be used to remove ads and have the benefits of Insider subscription, you have notification when a thread is deleted or a post, you have a new games category, clubs, etc.) You can see we do listen and we accommodate.
I agree with Justin, I am happy to see so many of you caring so deeply about this site and wanting the best for it. That is what makes this community so great to be involved in.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #128

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

I would like to believe that all of the mods are open to our opinions, but I have had experiences where a certain mod edited my post because it did not go along with her her opinion. I don't remember exactly how everything was worded, but it was something like, "I know the rules on WI are to keep us safe, but I don't understand what is unsafe about chatting on a WNTM thread if the owner is okay with it." Instead of answering my question, this mod edited my post to say, "I know the rules on WI are to keep us safe."
geros9 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #129
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
While you are certainly a very old member, we've never allowed kids to post their ages. Originally, you are right, a month or two in, we allowed adults to post their ages, but we found it to be confusing for our younger and newer members who didn't understand why adults could post ages and they couldn't. So, we decided it was easier and more consistent to not allow ages altogether. This isn't a recent change, I'd say that decision was probably made 2 and a half years ago.

Here's the thing about exact rules.. If we could define them exactly it'd make our lives much easier. If there were no subjectivity or human interpretation and it was as easy as "no to this and yes to that", I could make it so the system simply wouldn't accept threads or posts with certain phrases in them and we'd have no need for staff! The entire staff is on the same page, but some interpret rules and acceptability more strictly or loosely than others, depending on the issue and their expertise.

In addition, some may assume that certain people "get away with things" while others don't, and feel singled out by the staff. This is certainly not the case, trust me. It comes down to this: if it doesn't get reported by a member there is a very poor chance that we will ever see it! And if it isn't reported, the likelihood of moderating action on the post/thread is very, very low... Now, when it comes to posts/threads by well-known, older members, other members respect them and are less likely to report a questionable post or thread and therefore, it seems that it's okay, even when it isn't!

We see a minimum of 100 post reports a day, sometimes 2-3x that, so we need to be as efficient as possible in editing/deleting/closing etc. I wish that we could discuss each issue and make a decision as a group, but it's just not possible.

Now, to answer the question of "lately" becoming much stricter... I read the beginnings of this thread yesterday afternoon and thought about it all night and this morning, because such feelings really worried me. I see a great deal of passion on both sides this morning, which shows how much both "sides" love WI and are just trying to make it better...

So after all the thinking about things being more strict recently, I believe I know why this perception has arisen -- notification PMs! Every time a moderating action is performed on any of your posts or threads, you now get a PM notifying you that something has happened to it (along with a reason, except when it's closed, vB won't let us put a reason for closure). In the past, if your post or thread were to be edited, deleted or closed, you wouldn't know unless you went back to look for your post or thread (or if a mod/admin PM'd you specifically to let you know)! Instead, now, all actions are right there in your Inbox, which provides the ultimate in transparency, but might make you feel like we're being more strict.

I hope this helps you all understand a little bit more and helps explain perhaps why it may seem more strict. We definitely don't want that reputation. We've always been the most reliable source for information and the safest site out there as far as Webkinz fan sites go, and I'm certain we've always been stricter than other sites. But time and again, it has proven to be for the benefit of our members (for example: continuing to resist allowing auctioning in our GE kept most of the duplicated items out of our site and kept nearly all of our members' accounts from being banned in WW when Ganz found out about the duplicators!).

Thanks for being members and thanks for being passionate about your community!
Thank you Justin, i fully agree with you.
I remember when the notifications weren't in place, and everybody always wondered where their thread went. Turning on the Notifications has helped tremendously, and has probably saved the staff some time in the process.
Thanks for keeping WI safe and Sound.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #130
ForeverCandT

Josie. is on a distinguished road

I agree with this..Like, if a thread gets closed..at least the person who made the thread should know why..Or like you suggested [even better] that there would be a thread that could list reasons why they could have gotten closed..!
And I agree also with what it should NOT be about..Like people..This is *WEBKINZ*insider.Not just ''let's go chat about my new boyfriend! teeheeteeheehee!! -giggle-"

-Josie.
Josie. is offline Female
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer