Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #111
Webkinz :)

Secret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talentSecret Ninja has lots of talent

Default Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by Lunagrrl
And another thing:

All of the staff here are over 18, have no criminal records (the founders do background checks), and most are parents. They have lives, too, with their families and jobs. They most likely don't spend all day checking out the forum. Most forums are run by teens who have no clue what they are doing. Just give our staff a break; they are doing wonderfully as is.
Agreed. They have lives and will get busy. They don't spend the whole day on WI (like many of us do ). They are not magic. They are humans. We should give them a break.
Secret Ninja is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #112
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

View Post Originally Posted by Lunagrrl
And another thing:

All of the staff here are over 18, have no criminal records (the founders do background checks), and most are parents. They have lives, too, with their families and jobs. They most likely don't spend all day checking out the forum. Most forums are run by teens who have no clue what they are doing. Just give our staff a break; they are doing wonderfully as is.
This is so true. A lot of forums are kids and teens who run teeny little forums about pretty much nothing, or in our case there are so many "spinoff" webkinz sites out there made by WI members who have other kids and teens as staff, a lot are named "Webkinz ___" for no apparent reason, like WebkinzCoast. I don't think that site is about Webkinz at all. I believe that's against CAPPA laws, as were the Forum Protectors WI used to have. WI staff sure are real humans that do not possess magical properties. At least not the ones to keep everyone under control at all times.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-26-2010, 11:49 PM   #113
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

Even though this thread does seem to be directed towards a particular album that I'm quite familiar with I agree.
jaspyr is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #114

kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell
kayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tellkayla8209 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by Secret Ninja
I think that FAMILY friendly should be KID friendly because families may have kids. (;

I also have a forum (I am an admin on my site). It only has seven members. WI has COUNTLESS members. It's hard to take care of my site alone (my co-site-owner-person can't remember her password ) with only seven members. I don't even want to THINK about what it would be like to be a mod/admin on WI! :O It IS hard, and I think the mods and admins are doing a great job running the site.
Familys also have TEENAGERS!
kayla8209 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #115
gangnam style

View Post Originally Posted by kayla8209
Familys also have TEENAGERS!
Sure they do. But family friendly means that it's a site for kids, which means it has swears and other words censored, but also mature enough for the adults here. Teenagers, while I agree they're usually not like their parents while they are teenagers, actually fall into that category of "family friendly" with Open Mike and the whole "It's A Social Thing" section.
And it's families with i-e.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #116
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

Just a observation here.

While it seems that WI has gotten more strict in the past year(s)

it has also gotten much BIGGER than when it first started.

So naturally, when you have more members.......more rules must be applied.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #117
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Lightbulb Re: Revising the Rules, stop bashing on WI and the Staff.

View Post Originally Posted by fluffums
ummm, no the rules haven't been the same. When I first joined, you could post your age. Yes, that's right, I knew how old my friends on here were. You used to be able to ask advice about family stuff, now you can't. I used to be able to say what my job is (it's not an uncommon job at all), and now I can't. So the rules have been changed and the actual written rules need to be updated.

It is incredibly frustrating to not know the exact rules here. They need to be written down so everyone can be on the same page. Mods aren't on the same page and some let things slide that others would delete immediately. It is just so annoying that I don't know what I can't post, so I make posts that get deleted all the time when I didn't think they were against the rules.
While you are certainly a very old member, we've never allowed kids to post their ages. Originally, you are right, a month or two in, we allowed adults to post their ages, but we found it to be confusing for our younger and newer members who didn't understand why adults could post ages and they couldn't. So, we decided it was easier and more consistent to not allow ages altogether. This isn't a recent change, I'd say that decision was probably made 2 and a half years ago.

Here's the thing about exact rules.. If we could define them exactly it'd make our lives much easier. If there were no subjectivity or human interpretation and it was as easy as "no to this and yes to that", I could make it so the system simply wouldn't accept threads or posts with certain phrases in them and we'd have no need for staff! The entire staff is on the same page, but some interpret rules and acceptability more strictly or loosely than others, depending on the issue and their expertise.

In addition, some may assume that certain people "get away with things" while others don't, and feel singled out by the staff. This is certainly not the case, trust me. It comes down to this: if it doesn't get reported by a member there is a very poor chance that we will ever see it! And if it isn't reported, the likelihood of moderating action on the post/thread is very, very low... Now, when it comes to posts/threads by well-known, older members, other members respect them and are less likely to report a questionable post or thread and therefore, it seems that it's okay, even when it isn't!

We see a minimum of 100 post reports a day, sometimes 2-3x that, so we need to be as efficient as possible in editing/deleting/closing etc. I wish that we could discuss each issue and make a decision as a group, but it's just not possible.

Now, to answer the question of "lately" becoming much stricter... I read the beginnings of this thread yesterday afternoon and thought about it all night and this morning, because such feelings really worried me. I see a great deal of passion on both sides this morning, which shows how much both "sides" love WI and are just trying to make it better...

So after all the thinking about things being more strict recently, I believe I know why this perception has arisen -- notification PMs! Every time a moderating action is performed on any of your posts or threads, you now get a PM notifying you that something has happened to it (along with a reason, except when it's closed, vB won't let us put a reason for closure). In the past, if your post or thread were to be edited, deleted or closed, you wouldn't know unless you went back to look for your post or thread (or if a mod/admin PM'd you specifically to let you know)! Instead, now, all actions are right there in your Inbox, which provides the ultimate in transparency, but might make you feel like we're being more strict.

I hope this helps you all understand a little bit more and helps explain perhaps why it may seem more strict. We definitely don't want that reputation. We've always been the most reliable source for information and the safest site out there as far as Webkinz fan sites go, and I'm certain we've always been stricter than other sites. But time and again, it has proven to be for the benefit of our members (for example: continuing to resist allowing auctioning in our GE kept most of the duplicated items out of our site and kept nearly all of our members' accounts from being banned in WW when Ganz found out about the duplicators!).

Thanks for being members and thanks for being passionate about your community!
Justin is offline Male
Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 AM   #118
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«

SherbertBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSherbertBunny is a glorious beacon of lightSherbertBunny is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Just a observation here.

While it seems that WI has gotten more strict in the past year(s)

it has also gotten much BIGGER than when it first started.

So naturally, when you have more members.......more rules must be applied.
I agree! The more people ; the more rules. I heard that when WI first started you could post your age! That would be cool. But it's all for saftey. WI cares for their members xD
SherbertBunny is offline Female
Old 07-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #119
carry on.
Gifted

coolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roostcoolio101 rules the roost

I'm sorry if you thought I came off rude, I was just expressing my feelings like every one of you were. But I find it funny that you guys are doing exactly what the title says not to do. Justin has a good point. Group decisions would be much better, but they're definitely not possible. So, I guess I'm just going to stop posting and let you guys post your opinions.

Last edited by coolio101; 07-27-2010 at 07:53 AM..
Old 07-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #120
ish upon a star★

Starfall is on a distinguished road

I mean, like I'm new and I just don't post threads because nothing really happens to me or something and/or I don't feel like it. But I think there should be a copy of the rules in every Subpage. That could help alot. Then people would see it where they are and don't have to go somewhere else for it. (Also, the ads slow the loading of the page.) We have people maybe from 6 (Webkinz Jr.) all the way to adults and that makes making the rules as hard as possible. I just had an idea... maybe if you want to talk about friendship, could make a page where they check your age (You gave it signing up) and if you were a certain age, you couldn't go in. But, it still has issuses with it. I think talking in person would be the best for that.

Still, our staff is doing their best so don't try to put more on them to make their lifes harder.

Last edited by Starfall; 07-27-2010 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: Typo
Starfall is offline Male
Closed

Tags
a dash of pixiedust, buzz buzz, code wowewe, crashkittenjr was here!, emma!, g was here, goldendoodle, hellowi, munchies, ricky, rylee roo loves you!, shootforthemoon♥, smo was here!, t.r., the shinigami queen, van is with this motion, wowzer