Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #11
I ♥ Photograph
Webkinz :)

Meerkat97 is just really niceMeerkat97 is just really nice

Default Re: In response to all of these "Popular Club" threads..

yes! I saw a popular club thread and I said what you said on it and one of the members said "aren't we off topic?" and another said to me "check out my thread on how to become popular!" I DON"T WANT TO BE POULAR!! I like my frineds. And I am indeed a nerd at school but so? i have REAL and TRye friends that i would never trade just to be "popular" and besides everyone is equal in God's eyes, right?
Meerkat
Meerkat97 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
lizzthefizz48
Gifted

webkinzluver48 is on a distinguished road

I totally agree. Great point! Rep point
Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
Gifted

lulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of lightlulu is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for bringing this up, Lea. I have the exact same opinion as you.

But still at my school people think that they are cool if they have a lot of friends. That's what happened to my best friend when we got to middle school. We drifted away.. she became a person who would follow the "popular" people around because she thought she could become one. She changed as a person. I think she's annoying now & she constantly calls me this summer to hang out. But at school she is a totally different person.. she ignores me.

I don't care. I just don't talk to her anymore or answer her phone calls.
lulu is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #14
Lea
Gift Guru

Lea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond reputeLea has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Meerkat97
yes! I saw a popular club thread and I said what you said on it and one of the members said "aren't we off topic?" and another said to me "check out my thread on how to become popular!" I DON"T WANT TO BE POULAR!! I like my frineds. And I am indeed a nerd at school but so? i have REAL and TRye friends that i would never trade just to be "popular" and besides everyone is equal in God's eyes, right?
Meerkat
EXACTLY! I think popularity is non-existant when it comes to God. .

---------- Lea added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by lulu
Thanks for bringing this up, Lea. I have the exact same opinion as you.

But still at my school people think that they are cool if they have a lot of friends. That's what happened to my best friend when we got to middle school. We drifted away.. she became a person who would follow the "popular" people around because she thought she could become one. She changed as a person. I think she's annoying now & she constantly calls me this summer to hang out. But at school she is a totally different person.. she ignores me.

I don't care. I just don't talk to her anymore or answer her phone calls.
Awww, I'm sorry. . That's what happened to my friend when we moved to third grade. When I moved to middle school, it wasn't that rocky.

Last edited by Lea; 07-08-2008 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Lea is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Gifted

cheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to beholdcheekycatlover is a splendid one to behold

Has anyone ever heard the song popular from wicked? It is hilarious! It is about Galinda trying to make Elphaba popular and it just goes to show you how superficial it is. I don't think popularity needs to be discussed here. That is more for sleepovers LOL. Another song I like is "Opening: I hope I get it" from a Chorus line. The ending goes like this.
"Who am I anyway? Am I my resume? That is a picture of a person I don't know. What does he want from me? Who should I try to be...?"
I probably know too many showtunes, but the can come in handy at the oddest of times LOL.
cheekycatlover is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #16
Arcanine is sooo
Gifted

Nellyxo96 has a spectacular aura aboutNellyxo96 has a spectacular aura about

i agree 100% Lea! Those clubs are mean...
Nellyxo96 is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
shadow hegdehog is a

Devonshire has a spectacular aura about

good thread because it is not fair if people dont like you just because you are not with the popular crowd.
Devonshire is offline Male
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #18
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

I do't know what your talking about. I've never seen those kind of threads before.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 07-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #19

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Lea
Don't worry about being popular. The only thing that matters is being yourself & having fun, and if you're popular for the wrong reasons, it's not good. Don't become a zombie and follow what other people think is cool; you'll just lose yourself in the process. You don't have to go to Hollister or American Eagle every day just to be accepted.(although it's okay to wear what you'd like if you think it's cute, because like I said, there's nothing wrong with being yourself..) Don't tease others; you should treat others how YOU would like to be treated, and always be kind. . If you have true friends who genuinely care about you & would never hurt you, that's a million times better than being "popular." .

It's also kind of offending to those who aren't as "popular" at their school when everyone talks about on the club how fun it is to be in that social status. I suggest making different clubs here on WI that bring everyone together instead of bringing them down. Heck, I think everyone's special and unique in their own way!

Does anyone agree with me?
I agree completely! This is what I've said to my friends who'd like to be 'popular' or 'cool'. To be quite honest, being popular or cool isn't as fun as being yourself. I knew popular girl who said that she had things she didn't JUST to be 'cool'. Well eventually, her so called 'friends' found out and she wasn't cool or popular anymore. It's insane how much people would kill to be one of the popular people. This part really touched me- I've heard it before but what you've been saying speaks alot.
Quote:
If you have true friends who genuinely care about you & would never hurt you, that's a million times better than being "popular." .

Thanks for posting this. If this were my website, I'd pin this thread so everyone could see it
-Coco

---------- CocoLion added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by cheekycatlover
Has anyone ever heard the song popular from wicked? It is hilarious! It is about Galinda trying to make Elphaba popular and it just goes to show you how superficial it is. I don't think popularity needs to be discussed here. That is more for sleepovers LOL. Another song I like is "Opening: I hope I get it" from a Chorus line. The ending goes like this.
"Who am I anyway? Am I my resume? That is a picture of a person I don't know. What does he want from me? Who should I try to be...?"
I probably know too many showtunes, but the can come in handy at the oddest of times LOL.
LOL! Yes, I've heard it- And this is one of the weirdest times it could be used

Last edited by CocoLion; 07-08-2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 07-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #20
littlepugs5359

littlepugs5359 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree Lea... Wonderfully put too! Good for you for being a leader, and trying to get everyone to be themselves! Rep points for you

Kyle
littlepugs5359 is offline Male
Closed