Everyone loves Rep Points, right? Well I do. It feels good to get a Rep. But please, don't be rude when giving out Rep Points, and please think before giving out Rep Points. Here are a few things you should think about...
1. If you decide to give a Rep Point, that's great! But please don't be rude and leave them blank. This has happened to me before, and I'm sure that this has happened to many other members too. Here are examples of a good Rep, and and a bad Rep:
Thanks so much for making me my siggie! I love it! You're so helpful.
Would you rather receive Rep A or Rep B? I think that most members would rather receive Rep B. I know that I would. The box that you type your message in is there for a purpose. When people receive a Rep Point, it is a nice feeling, but they feel even more special and helpful when they know that you are happy.
2. Please remember that you are not allowed to offer Rep Points anywhere here on WI. Here is an example of offering a Rep Point:
Please, please, can someone help me win Go-Go Googles?!?! Rep included!!
Just remember that this is not allowed. You may, however give a person a Rep after the situation, like this:
Person A: Can someone please make me an avvie?
Person B: Sure! Here you go!
Person A: Thanks so much! Rep for you!
This is allowed on WI. You may give someone a Rep after help you, be kind, etc., in a situation. But you may NOT give a Rep before a situation. Also, you may not ask for Rep Points! I have seen this too, which is also not allowed here on WI. They will give you a Rep Point if they feel like you deserve one.
3. DO NOT expect Rep Points!! I have seen this before on WI, and I find it very rude. Never expect Rep Points, even if you gave that person one!! Here is an example that I have seen:
Person A: Thanks so much! Rep for you!
Person B: Thanks! You're so kind!
Person A: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Person B: What...........?
Person A: Aren't you going to give me one?
Please do not ever expect a Rep Point back. I find it rude to expecting something back. What would they tell you? Thanks for the Rep? To me, Person A was being selfish, and seemed to just want Rep Points for his/herself. Don't hand out Rep Points if you are only hoping to get one back.
4. Really think before you give someone a Rep. Did they really deserve it? Were they really helpful to you? Here are some examples of when NOT to give a Rep:
Person A: Can someone please make me a matching avvie and siggie?
Person B: Here you go! But it's kind of messy because I got lazy...
Person A: Thanks! Rep for you!
Did Person B really deserve that Rep Point? I didn't think so if they were lazy. Here is another example:
Person A: Does anyone know where I can find Blobs?
Person B: Sorry, I have no clue.
Person A: That's okay. Rep for you!
Why would you give a Rep to someone that was not helpful at all? To me, Person B really did not deserve a Rep. Don't feel bad if you didn't give a Rep and you were Person A in any of these two situations, or similar ones like this, because Person B really didn't deserve a Rep. You only have to give Reps when you feel someone deserves it.
5. DO NOT tell someone that you are giving them a Rep Point and then end up not giving them one!! It's rude, and you will probably make that person mad! If you are going to give a Rep, at least try to remember to give a Rep, or you can just simply post, "Thanks! Rep for you!" after you give the Rep.
Although I am glad that vanvan20 brought this up, because this is very logical:
She is right. You don't have to get totally mad about it, although try to keep your promises. Also, when they say "Rep for you!" they could mean "Thanks! You're so helpful!" And they need to spread Rep Points around if they gave you a Rep Point recently.
And I am also glad that -Lilypad reminded me that not everyone knows how to give a Rep Point. So here is some instructions:
At the very bottom of the post, there should be a Thumbs Up button in the left column.
Click on the Thumbs Up button. A text box should appear.
The text box is so you can type in a message, like why you gave them the Rep. You click the "Add to Reputation" button. Now you're done! You've successfully given a Rep.
6. Rep Points are not a competitions! Please don't go bragging that you have more Reps than someone else! It doesn't matter how many of those Rep Boxes you have, because the only people that know how many Reps are per box are Wendy and Justin! So you can't go bragging about your number of Reps. It's rude, and it's not the right thing to do.
Although I am glad that vanvan20 brought this up:
She is right. It is okay to mention that you got another Rep Box. It means you are very helpful on WI. But by saying things like, "I AM BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I GOT MY FOURTH BOX TODAY AND YOU ONLY HAVE TWO!! HAHA!!" Things like that are better to be not said. But you can mention it, because it is something to be proud of.
Those are some of the problems that I have noticed lately on WI. Please try to work on avoiding these problems. It would make WI
a lot easier for the Moderators, Administrators, Founders, and the rest of the staff on WI
. Thanks for reading, and follow the rules!