Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Reputation Points ~ A Few Things to Think About

Awesome Thread! Rep to you!
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
Live Love Laugh :)
Webkinz :)

Jtomomi is just really niceJtomomi is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Thanks for the great guide. It was very informative.

I have one thing about this part though, just to add. I totally agree that if you say that you are giving rep, you should follow through.

I think, though, that if the person doe not give rep, that they might not know what rep actually is. They may not understand that to give rep, you have to hit the thumbs up, they might think that adding it to the end of the post is all that rep is.
That's right! I'll be sure to add this to the thread!
Jtomomi is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #13
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Jtomomi
Thanks vanvan20! I'll be sure to add this in the thread!
No problem. You can call me Van, by the way.
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by vanvan20
hi Jtomomi
I agree with you,
Though, I think that even though the person didn't deserve a rep, maybe " Person A " wanted to thank " Person B " for just comming to the thread .. or maybe for the effort ...

and, I think sometimes, this is why a person says, " REP FOR YOU !! " and doesn't give one ..

1. The person has given you Rep points recently and needed to spread Rep around before giving it to you again .. since you are so extremely helpful
2. Maybe, by saying, " Rep For You " they meant, " Kudos for you, thanks "
3. They could be too .. lazy LOL ..

Though, I think most people shouldn't get so worked up about it ( not that I'm saying you are ) I think just the thought that you helped someone should give you a warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart

It is perfectly O.K. to say, " Oh, I got my 2nd box today !! " but I wouldn't go around saying, " OMG OMG OMG I GOT MY 2ND REP BOX I AM FASTER THAN YOU " That would be pushing it to the limit ..

This is a great, quality thread. Not the kind you post just to GET REPS. Rep for you, and I mean real rep
i agree with you

also sometimes when i click on the rep button nothing pops up. It's only happened to me once though

---------- lizzyxwebkinz added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Jtomomi
Hey everyone,

Everyone loves Rep Points, right? Well I do. It feels good to get a Rep. But please, don't be rude when giving out Rep Points, and please think before giving out Rep Points. Here are a few things you should think about...

1. If you decide to give a Rep Point, that's great! But please don't be rude and leave them blank. This has happened to me before, and I'm sure that this has happened to many other members too. Here are examples of a good Rep, and and a bad Rep:

Reputation A:

Reputation B:
Thanks so much for making me my siggie! I love it! You're so helpful.

Would you rather receive Rep A or Rep B? I think that most members would rather receive Rep B. I know that I would. The box that you type your message in is there for a purpose. When people receive a Rep Point, it is a nice feeling, but they feel even more special and helpful when they know that you are happy.

2. Please remember that you are not allowed to offer Rep Points anywhere here on WI. Here is an example of offering a Rep Point:

Please, please, can someone help me win Go-Go Googles?!?! Rep included!!

Just remember that this is not allowed. You may, however give a person a Rep after the situation, like this:

Person A: Can someone please make me an avvie?
Person B: Sure! Here you go!
Person A: Thanks so much! Rep for you!

This is allowed on WI. You may give someone a Rep after help you, be kind, etc., in a situation. But you may NOT give a Rep before a situation. Also, you may not ask for Rep Points! I have seen this too, which is also not allowed here on WI. They will give you a Rep Point if they feel like you deserve one.

3. DO NOT expect Rep Points!! I have seen this before on WI, and I find it very rude. Never expect Rep Points, even if you gave that person one!! Here is an example that I have seen:

Person A: Thanks so much! Rep for you!
Person B: Thanks! You're so kind!
Person A: ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Person B: What...........?
Person A: Aren't you going to give me one?

Please do not ever expect a Rep Point back. I find it rude to expecting something back. What would they tell you? Thanks for the Rep? To me, Person A was being selfish, and seemed to just want Rep Points for his/herself. Don't hand out Rep Points if you are only hoping to get one back.

4. Really think before you give someone a Rep. Did they really deserve it? Were they really helpful to you? Here are some examples of when NOT to give a Rep:

Person A: Can someone please make me a matching avvie and siggie?
Person B: Here you go! But it's kind of messy because I got lazy...
Person A: Thanks! Rep for you!

Did Person B really deserve that Rep Point? I didn't think so if they were lazy. Here is another example:

Person A: Does anyone know where I can find Blobs?
Person B: Sorry, I have no clue.
Person A: That's okay. Rep for you!

Why would you give a Rep to someone that was not helpful at all? To me, Person B really did not deserve a Rep. Don't feel bad if you didn't give a Rep and you were Person A in any of these two situations, or similar ones like this, because Person B really didn't deserve a Rep. You only have to give Reps when you feel someone deserves it.

5. DO NOT tell someone that you are giving them a Rep Point and then end up not giving them one!! It's rude, and you will probably make that person mad! If you are going to give a Rep, at least try to remember to give a Rep, or you can just simply post, "Thanks! Rep for you!" after you give the Rep.

Although I am glad that vanvan20 brought this up, because this is very logical:

Click the image to open in full size.

She is right. You don't have to get totally mad about it, although try to keep your promises. Also, when they say "Rep for you!" they could mean "Thanks! You're so helpful!" And they need to spread Rep Points around if they gave you a Rep Point recently.

And I am also glad that -Lilypad reminded me that not everyone knows how to give a Rep Point. So here is some instructions:

At the very bottom of the post, there should be a Thumbs Up button in the left column.

Click on the Thumbs Up button. A text box should appear.

The text box is so you can type in a message, like why you gave them the Rep. You click the "Add to Reputation" button. Now you're done! You've successfully given a Rep.

6. Rep Points are not a competitions! Please don't go bragging that you have more Reps than someone else! It doesn't matter how many of those Rep Boxes you have, because the only people that know how many Reps are per box are Wendy and Justin! So you can't go bragging about your number of Reps. It's rude, and it's not the right thing to do.

Although I am glad that vanvan20 brought this up:

She is right. It is okay to mention that you got another Rep Box. It means you are very helpful on WI. But by saying things like, "I AM BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE I GOT MY FOURTH BOX TODAY AND YOU ONLY HAVE TWO!! HAHA!!" Things like that are better to be not said. But you can mention it, because it is something to be proud of.

Those are some of the problems that I have noticed lately on WI. Please try to work on avoiding these problems. It would make WI a lot easier for the Moderators, Administrators, Founders, and the rest of the staff on WI. Thanks for reading, and follow the rules!

-Jtomomi
I agree this is very helpful!

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 01-10-2009 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #15
WhiteTerrierFan

You did a great job on this thread. (:
It should be very helpful to everyone. I normally follow all those rules, except sometimes I try to give rep for something and I have already given it before, so I may go back to the thread again later to give rep if needed. [rep to you]
Old 01-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #16
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Thanks a lot for the extremely informative guide. I think that it is sweet of you to suggest to people what they should consider before giving reps. I never say [ex. (Rep point for you!)], and then don't give it to them. I agree that it is very rude to do that. Rep point for you (LOL) ...Seriously. Thanks for posting this!
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by vanvan20
hi Jtomomi
I agree with you,
Though, I think that even though the person didn't deserve a rep, maybe " Person A " wanted to thank " Person B " for just comming to the thread .. or maybe for the effort ...

and, I think sometimes, this is why a person says, " REP FOR YOU !! " and doesn't give one ..

1. The person has given you Rep points recently and needed to spread Rep around before giving it to you again .. since you are so extremely helpful
2. Maybe, by saying, " Rep For You " they meant, " Kudos for you, thanks "
3. They could be too .. lazy LOL ..

Though, I think most people shouldn't get so worked up about it ( not that I'm saying you are ) I think just the thought that you helped someone should give you a warm, fuzzy feeling in your heart

It is perfectly O.K. to say, " Oh, I got my 2nd box today !! " but I wouldn't go around saying, " OMG OMG OMG I GOT MY 2ND REP BOX I AM FASTER THAN YOU " That would be pushing it to the limit ..

This is a great, quality thread. Not the kind you post just to GET REPS. Rep for you, and I mean real rep
Exactly!
Once I told someone I would give them rep but I gave too much rep for one day.
Then they profiled me and asked why they didn't get their rep.
I personally thought this was rude, but I didn't say anything.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #18

SydneyJonas is on a distinguished road

WOW! This thread is great, and very helpful. Thanks for using your time to create a valuable guide everyone can use. Rep for you! And I promise I'll actually give it to you. And fill in the text box. And you really do deserve it. Thank you!
~Sydney
SydneyJonas is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #19

miss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guidemiss sherbert is a golden guide

I do feel that ou deserve rep right now. Your post and thread are very meaningful.
miss sherbert is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #20
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

Great thread.
Jake is offline Male
Closed