Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Brittany998807

Default Reporting something!

Have you ever reported something?? Did you actually LIKE the feeling it gave you?? Well, it didn't give me the most grateful feeling, it made me feel sad for the person! I think that if you report something, like what someone says or even an inappropraiate pic, make sure you do this for the right reason! DON'T report someone and say, We just got into a fight and I don't want to talk to them again, ever!! No!!!!!!!!!!! You report someone for inappropriate pics, being hurtful with their words, or anything like that! You don't report someone because your mad! You report becasue what they did is a violation on WI!!!! So I just want to remind you to think before you report, thanks for coming!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Reporting something!

I have sat with the flag box open and always hesitate, and think...because it is a serious matter to report someone but if it is clearly against the rules or it is causing another person to be hurt then that is what the button is for. So then pressing send is the right thing to do. It is importanat that rules are followed and especially that all people are treated with respect and their feelings are uplifted while being on WI
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Brittany998807

I have only reported someone once, and I think I did that for a really bad reason! I'll start doing what you do, Rejewal! That's very smart of you to do that!!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Yes...when I report something, I don't feel exactly happy for the person but I do it to be safe. Thanks for the reminder..the point is just not to abuse the wonderful report button
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
Webkinz :)

meghan487 has a spectacular aura about

Iv reported about 5 people because they were being rude and disrespectful
meghan487 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #6
Brittany998807

Thanks for posting, just remember, think about why you will report them, and then clck send!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #7

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Hi there,

I use to feel really *bad* when I pressed the red flag... some part of me kept trying to talk myself out of it, I did *not* want to report this person at all!! I was so afraid that maybe it was something I could have helped w/ or prevented.

Then a thought came to mind -
All the rules here on WI are laid out quite clearly, you can find them all in stickys or in the rules/faq section. And the mod are always there to help. Why should I feel so bad about pressing that flag?? The Staff are fair, they will look into the matter, address it appropriately & you are helping to keep things safe and secure here. The rules are there, and I hope that they read them. And if not, the staff have the "rights" to tell them, "please stop".

If you feel they are doing something bad, look at it this way -
"Is this person hurting the community? are they following the rules?".

Take a step back, cool down... then come back and address it properly. .

Please do not feel too bad, you are doing the right thing.
It's nice that eveyrone feels they can still talk to that member, regardless. That is what keeps this community friendly .
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
Brittany998807

Thanks MissGnomie, that is very true! I'll try that soon, once I get to where I just have to report this, thanks for posting!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree with MissGnomie, and if I see someone being rude to someone else, and they are making a hurtful comment, I flag it and don't think twice about it. This is a community where members are helpful, nice, and always willing to lend a shoulder when someone needs it. Why should people like that have to put up with hurtful comments or things that don't need to be here?

It's like MissGnomie said, the rules are clear. What you can do, and what you can't do. Sometimes I wonder if those people read the rules, or are they just not realizing how their "type speak" sounds. Typing is different than talking, and I think people forget that. I can say something to you face to face, and say the same thing in "type speak" and it can be interpreted two different ways. I think some of the comments are done for that reason.

However, some of them are not. Those are the ones I do not hesitate to flag, because I know I wouldn't want a mean comment in one of my threads.

Good thread, too!
Polarity is offline Female
Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
Brittany998807

thanks Polarity! It's cool when you have somebody who agree's with you!! Hope everyone has a VERY happy Thanksgiving and hope your giving thanks to everyone!
Closed