Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #11
I Love You
Webkinz :)

lilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clownlilpanda123 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: REP suggestion!

I will ask a admin about that.... Thanks!

Anyone else?
lilpanda123 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #12
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by abbythegrey
You have to give some rep to more people. If you gave rep to this person a long time ago, then you obviously haven't been giving out very much rep since then.

But I do agree, I have run into this problem before. There are some people that have helped me numerous times in short period of time and I wasn't able to give them rep. This is sad because, I usually forget to go back and give them rep. I don't think it should be limited, because what if someone does help you frequently?

Although, I know why WI has this rule set in place. It's to prevent spammers from giving a hundred reps to their friends. But waiting a couple hours *might* solve this problem. They could at least try it.
If someone is very helpful to you, it's a nice gesture to send a PM to thank them, if you can't give them rep again. Or post your thanks on their profile, all their visitors could see it, that would be very nice. A very helpful person probably gets plenty of rep anyways.

I think the current system is very wise.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #13
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by beachrox
This can be changed in the Admin Control Panel.

It means you must give rep to an _ number of people before giving it to the same person again. You will need to find out the number first, but remember- don't just give it for no reason
Currently the amount of rep that you can give in a day (before you top out) is 48. Justin JUST recently changed it from 24 per day. *Thank you Melissa30067* I think I have to usually wait about 10 to 15 reps before I can give rep to the same person in a day. But that could be wrong. I have actually run out of rep in the NEW 48/day amount. I give REP ALL THE TIME. It is free and it is a good way to encourage people to continue posting EXCELLENT threads and posts. Don't be stingy with the rep. Yes, make sure it is for a good reason, not just 'cause you think your friend should have another...This is ALSO a GREAT way to make new friends If you see a post about something informative or helpful, don't hesitate to hit that button. You might just MAKE a new friend
View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
If someone is very helpful to you, it's a nice gesture to send a PM to thank them, if you can't give them rep again. Or post your thanks on their profile, all their visitors could see it, that would be very nice. A very helpful person probably gets plenty of rep anyways.

I think the current system is very wise.
Webberlily, I have to agree with you. It is all a matter of how you use them If you can't give rep to them, make sure you personally thank them. It goes a LONG way.
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #14
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

I think it can be changed, but I don't know how.

I think it might be a good idea, so you spread reputation to others, but not that long (However long it was)
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
WhiteTerrierFan

I always try to spread the rep around to everyone who is helpful, so it's not usually a problem. Just visit a lot of places in the forum and spread the rep to those you think deserve it. It usually works for me to give rep to the same person again in a few days. Remember not to give out rep, just to give it out, only for the right reasons. Good luck! (:
Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #16
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I don't really get that pop-up much because there are so many helpful people out there to give rep to! But, in that situation, I just go around in the section I'm in, and look for helpful posts to give rep to! A one hour rule would be great, too!!
~ Sydney
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #17
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Currently the amount of rep that you can give in a day (before you top out) is 48. Justin JUST recently changed it from 24 per day. *Thank you Melissa30067* I think I have to usually wait about 10 to 15 reps before I can give rep to the same person in a day. But that could be wrong. I have actually run out of rep in the NEW 48/day amount. I give REP ALL THE TIME. It is free and it is a good way to encourage people to continue posting EXCELLENT threads and posts. Don't be stingy with the rep. Yes, make sure it is for a good reason, not just 'cause you think your friend should have another...This is ALSO a GREAT way to make new friends If you see a post about something informative or helpful, don't hesitate to hit that button. You might just MAKE a new friend

Webberlily, I have to agree with you. It is all a matter of how you use them If you can't give rep to them, make sure you personally thank them. It goes a LONG way.
That is SO right ... rep for YOU, Dixie ... you are always so helpful & kind
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 AM   #18
Dude, I'm a

MyChemical18 is on a distinguished road

i haven't have that problem yet! hope it works out though
Old 12-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #19
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

ALSO, don't hesitate to give rep to people that were very helpful to other people! It doesn't have to involve you!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #20
Gifted

cuffy is just really nicecuffy is just really nice

I get that message alot because there are 2 people on WI that are always helpful so it seems I'm always giving (or trying to give) them rep points. It's not a matter of TIME, but the number of people you give it to in between.
Rep points don't necessarily have to go to someone who helped YOU, you can give it to someone that you see helped someone else, or that posted something in general that helps everybody. Sometimes I'll see a post that makes another member feel good about themselves and give them a rep for their kindness. Or I'll give a rep to someone who takes alot of time to create a story or picture that they've shared with us.
Plus you can always thank somone directly in the thread, or by Prvate message.
Closed