Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Rep Points- what are they? Answer in here with a question for mods!

Rep Points.

Most people here on WI like them, others love them, and some don't. There are also different reasons why people feel how they feel about reps.

The main reason is- 'I think it makes me a popular person on WI if I have them.'
Some don't like them because- 'I thought WI didn't have a popularity thing and this is a popular contest'

Those are some exact quotes that i've heard.

I personally think rep points are for the people who help others to see how what they say is impacting people. It is just to really make people feel good about helping, it also encourages people to do help out.

WI MODS I HAVE A QUESTION;;

My first one is how many points are between each rep box??

And my second is, are you able to change the sayings on the rep boxes? I think mine now says BackFlip15 has a good aura about...
but I remember when I had one rep box and it said I was on a distinguished rode. It really made me feel bad but not that bad, my point is though, it could really hurt people's feelings. So just wondering if that can be changed. Thanks!

peaceout
flipperz
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
you're not alone
Webkinz :)

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Default Re: Rep Points- what are they? Answer in here with a question for mods!

No you cant change the saying.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #3

Reesiepoo has a spectacular aura aboutReesiepoo has a spectacular aura about

I was wondering too if you know who leaves you rep points?
Reesiepoo is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Reesiepoo
Yes, you can go to User CP under the pig on a skateboard on the banner and click on the first thing in the drop down menu and scroll down!
Franks is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #5
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Great thread, rep.

No one knows how many rep points you need to get to another level, but it's estimated about 100. Only Justin knows, to keep it from coming a "OMG TWO MORE REPS UNTIL MY SECOND BOX", etc.

Also, when I tried a vBulletin demo, you could change the names of the levels. I think the unknown quantity should be changed, it could make someone feel a bit bad.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #6

webkinzarelife has a spectacular aura about

You can't change the saying I don't think. Unless of course you get more rep then it automatically changes at a certain point. People have asked how many rep is in each box before but it is something only Justin knows. I think it is so that they can avoid 50 million threads saying 'I only need one more rep-Help!" and etc.
You can see who left you rep points and see any comments they left you by going to 'User CP Home'. :]
webkinzarelife is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!RexfordButchBD is not just visiting!

Actually, Rep points shouldn't have anything to do with popularity. You can't even find out who has the most (I don't think so. Not anymore).

It's just a different way of thanking someone indirectly.
RexfordButchBD is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

When she says changing rep, I think she means Justin and Wendy changing what the boxes say, because some could be a bit hurtful, was her point.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:36 PM   #9
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Yes, Reesiepoo, you can find out who has done that You go to your User CP, select User CP Home and scroll down. Only your last 10 will show, though.

The only way to change the saying is to keep getting those rep points from AWESOME informative and helpful posts
Don't forget to hand them out, too either that or go to the person's profle who gave you that point and THANK them for it. It is so important to be polite and helpful, here. I think it is a cornerstone; foundation of Justin and Wendy's Forum. They are nice and warm and they want the people here to be that way, too. One interaction with Moderators and Administrators should let you see that. Even in a reprimand...I have seen and gentle words.
Good questions asked, by the way and I do not view it as a popularity contest. It is a little reward for being kind
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thanks to all who answered! And yes, I was trying to see if Justin and Wendy could change it, not us, thanks Ave
peaceout
flipperz
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed