Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible
JacksMom challenges the impossibleJacksMom challenges the impossible

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
Giving Rep has nothing to do with being popular. If someone has alot of
Rep boxes, it simply means that person is *frequently* helpful, kind,
considerate and supportive.
In*real life* are you stingy in giving thanks to people? No? Then why would
you be stingy here? It takes so little of your time, but makes the other person
feel wonderful.......think about it........
I completely agree with that! Why would we have a problem with anyone giving someone else a "warm fuzzy"? I like to think that I am frequently helpful and considerate, but I'm not exactly overloaded with rep points. Personally, I think the greater measure of my kindness to others is not what I have received, but what I have given.

I don't care for the "first post" thing. But if others value it and want to give rep for it, more power to them. It probably balances all the people who have been helped but never gave a point!
JacksMom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
sassy7788
Webkinz :)

sassy7788 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that reputation points are a good idea because they let someone know you appreciate their hard work.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #33
Party Like You're
Gifted

tcscgirl12 is just really nicetcscgirl12 is just really nice

Gingerly is absolutely right.
Rep points are just like thank-you's. If somebody has been kind, you should thank them, and rep points is just another way to thank someone, when you can't put into words how much you appreciate their help or their kindness.
Also, making Moderators look over every single rep point would be terrible. Moderators and Administrators are people to, and they would also like to have lives, lives not filled with reading rep point after rep point after rep point for hours a day. If that burden was put on you, do you think you would still want to be part of webkinz insider? I know i wouldn't.
You almost have to put yourself in the Mods and Admins shoes to understand just why they wouldn't like to do this.
tcscgirl12 is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #34
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I think that would be a highly unnecessary step to take, not to mention pulling staff members away from issues of a much greater importance. If a few reps are given for undeserving reasons, so be it. I think we should just move on to things that really matter in the long run.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 01:01 AM   #35
Gift Guru

lauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talentlauraanne has lots of talent

I agree that the staff has way more importat things to worry about: safety, website upkeep, Moderators on GE, Gift coaching etc. A rep point is a kind a wonderful thing to give and I am always happy when I see someone getting rep points. They are positive to the community and to the people who receive them. People work harder and do better when encouraged and recognized. How can this be a bad thing? If a person posts the first helpful answer on a thread then they are reaching out to help. They are obviously looking out for somebody that needs help. Once again.....How can this be bad.

Last edited by lauraanne; 08-04-2008 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Typo
lauraanne is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 02:10 AM   #36
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I wish we could actually undo the rep points we get. I've gotten some where I don't think I did anything to deserve it ...

But for the ones where I felt I did do something and got reppies, I always smile like this It really makes my day to see rep points were given, but I don't care about my boxes growing (other than a mere curiosity at the sayings it says as you get more )

I know I'm not the best at handing out reppies, but I really do try! I've given them to friends, but I don't think I've given them to friends more than I have to others. When I give rep points to my friends, I try to take a step back + be like "ok, would I give them reppies for this if they weren't my friend?" and then take action based on my answer to that

---------- sno4270 added 1 Minutes and 33 Seconds later ----------

I should also add that I tend to befriend people that give me non-fluff rep points ... and I've made some great ones that way! I would recommend this for anyone who gets reppies from strangers, to look into befriending them.

---------- sno4270 added 32 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

Oh yeah, and in regards to first post, I can see why people give 'em that way (as long as the 1st post is useful, and not the person ONLY saying "Hey, I'm first post!") ... some people are impatient (including myself) and getting QUICK answers is awesome, since there always seems to be someone on at any time ... I myself don't post replies to a question if it's already been answered, unless I can add more to their answer, and I don't expect rep points if I didn't catch that someone had answered before I did.

---------- sno4270 added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

... oh and, saying "I posted reppies for you" helps me to know to look for it. I don't always remember to check that at the bottom of my control panel ... I once saw I had rep points from like a month previous

Last edited by sno4270; 08-04-2008 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 07:19 AM   #37
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

I don't get what's so great about first post either. Rep should only be given if someone helped you.
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #38
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by smiley7000
I don't get what's so great about first post either. Rep should only be given if someone helped you.
there are other things rep is given for.

View Post Originally Posted by Funsilly
I give reps to someone if.....
- they make me laugh or smile or move me in some way
- they did something really creative that is refreshing from the "same old" threads
- if I agree with someone for making a valid point
- if I disagree but their agrument was thought out and logical
- the information they provided was helpful
- it appears as if they spent a lot of time doing something ie....having a webbies pre-school
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #39
Kailo10
Gifted

Kailo10 is on a distinguished road

Great ideas everyone!!

I think (as webkinzmommy, lollipop and julieaandella wrote) that it wouldn't be a good to ask the WI staff to check all of the rep points we give or get. (Think about how long it would take just to check Gingery! LOL! It would take a while but congrads to her on getting them!!)

I personaly give out rep 2 any one who i think made a good point, was helpful, exc.

Rep!
Kailo10 is offline Female
Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #40
Dude, where's my
Gift Guru

ksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledgeksoccer28 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I only give rep when I mean it... So maybe if everyone did that, they wouldn't have to do it.
ksoccer28 is offline Female
Closed