Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #21
Gift Guru
 
-Lilypad's Avatar
-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

I disagree that the staff should have to review the rep points. There are probably hundreds, maybe even thousands of rep points given a day. And to ask the staff to review each and every one of them, is a pretty steep request.

And how do you know that people are given rep for having first post?
-Lilypad is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #22
Gift Guru
 
larkrose's Avatar
larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 
Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

I can assure you the staff will not be reviewing all the rep points. It would be an enormous task.

The rep boxes were gone for a long time because people got so competitive about it. If that happens again, I would not be surprised if Justin took the boxes away again.
larkrose is offline
Old 08-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #23
Shablooming
Wiki SysOp
 
monkeecj's Avatar
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things
monkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all thingsmonkeecj is a champion of all things

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

The staff is definitely not going to overview them all. I wonder if that would even be impossible...? I have received some strange rep points before, but I don't think the whole system is worth much fuss. Receiving rep doesn't hurt anyone emotionally - at least I really hope it doesn't...
monkeecj is offline Male
Old 08-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
WI Welcomes Everyone
 
Gingerly's Avatar
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 
Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
Well I've seen rep thrown at people like "first post" i dont think that should be allowed. I think wi staff should over look every rep we do. I know its alot of hard work. But i think its nessicary, does anyone agree????
Rep should never be given just because someone made the first post.
Personally, I think new people say, "I gave you rep" because they've seen others do it, but they don't really quite understand what it means.

View Post Originally Posted by AddictedToAnime21
i dont really agree... i think everyone takes reps seriously, and they should. I harfly ever give out reps , i only do to those who deserve it and who do something that really helps out alot.
Once again, Rep is *Not* only about helping. To me, it's about the way a person
posting, makes me feel.....did they make me laugh....or cry.....did they drop me a quick pm of encouragement......did they post a link so I could find help easily....did they
welcome a new member with a cheery hello.....did I see them congratulate a member
on finally getting their Crown of Wonder? The list goes on and on, and if I happen
to max-out the alloted Rep for the day....so what....tomorrow's another day.


View Post Originally Posted by Funsilly
I give reps to someone if.....
- they make me laugh or smile or move me in some way
- they did something really creative that is refreshing from the "same old" threads
- if I agree with someone for making a valid point
- if I disagree but their agrument was thought out and logical
- the information they provided was helpful
- it appears as if they spent a lot of time doing something ie....having a webbies pre-school

The "fluffiest" rep I give is to everyone who accepts my befriend request; thanking them, because it made me happy to get a new friend. Some would call that "wasteful" and some wouldn't.

I think giving reps is a matter of individual preference - as long as it is not abused. Individuality is what makes the world go around! Everyone's personality is unique: some people like giving and some people like getting; some people are extroverts and some are introverts. Reps are the same way and are a reflection of one's personality. I happen to be a giver and I have (on occasion) exceeded my rep daily limit. It makes me happy to "reward" someone with a rep if they've done somethings that I like (and everyone likes different things) - am I beating this to death now???

I don't think that reps should be reserved for just your friends. It would be abusive if friends did "fluffy" exchanges to each other just to rack up points.

I think juliaandella said it well...."it isn't important in the grand scheme of things and it makes no major difference anyway".

So basically live and let live!

Oh and thanks runlikethe wind for starting this thread. Personally, I don't agree with you. However, it made people passionate about a particular subject and it kept me up for the 3 am Asian rare. I'M GIVING YOU A REP! ......see what I mean
View Post Originally Posted by lollipop8927
No offence, but I think people should be able to give rep to whoever they want to and for whatever they want without it mattering to anyone else . It doesn't hurt anyone, and there's always a reason for doing it. The only thing that I think is wrong, is people giving reps to friends to get alot of boxes. I think WI was much better without these rep boxes because people helped just because they wanted to.
View Post Originally Posted by Webkinz Mommy
ITA- unless the first poster actually is helpful. But just- oh first post is a waste.

I actually have to disagree. There has been much less rudeness with the return
of the Rep Boxes. ( Yes....we will always have rude people...that's life. But those
little green boxes actually help some people strive to do better. )

I try to give rep for people that help me out, or reply to my threads, but sometimes I can't figure how to do it- or try to give a return rep point to someone and get sent off to a different thread or spot and can't figure out how to do it.

Even to someone who's helped me in a PM, I can't figure out that either, but I really do appreciate their time.

I felt kinda disappointed when I really go out of my way to help someone and they don't acknowledge it. Even just a thanks in the thread would make me feel good that they appreciated my time and effort to reply, ykwim.

I understand that it also becomes a popularity contest, and that's a bad thing. I think it's better without the rep, and people just helping out to be helpful. You see so many people duplicating with others say, or going back and editing posts, to try to get rep points. That's not right either.

---------- Webkinz Mommy added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------



Good for you, that would discourage me too. That's not the intent of what you were doing.
Well said. .....I will admit to giving a fluff-rep....I turn the gray-Rep Box of new
members, to Green. (That first box only requires one Rep Point....and makes the
new person feel like part of the WI Family.)
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #25
jet3461
Guest

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

Here is how I see it.

I just grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for starving Christians over in Malaysia in the 100 degree heat.

I thanked everyone for their support, and they thanked me.

Giving rep is like saying thanks, so I think that rep should not be so rare. :]

---------- jet3461 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
Rep should never be given just because someone made the first post.
Personally, I think new people say, "I gave you rep" because they've seen others do it, but they don't really quite understand what it means.



Once again, Rep is *Not* only about helping. To me, it's about the way a person
posting, makes me feel.....did they make me laugh....or cry.....did they drop me a quick pm of encouragement......did they post a link so I could find help easily....did they
welcome a new member with a cheery hello.....did I see them congratulate a member
on finally getting their Crown of Wonder? The list goes on and on, and if I happen
to max-out the alloted Rep for the day....so what....tomorrow's another day.






Well said. .....I will admit to giving a fluff-rep....I turn the gray-Rep Box of new
members, to Green. (That first box only requires one Rep Point....and makes the
new person feel like part of the WI Family.)
I do that, also. :]

Last edited by jet3461; 08-02-2008 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #26
Webkinz :)
 
Bubblegum165's Avatar
Bubblegum165 has much to be proud ofBubblegum165 has much to be proud ofBubblegum165 has much to be proud ofBubblegum165 has much to be proud ofBubblegum165 has much to be proud of

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

I like your point. I was checking my rep, and I got atleast three blank or "free" reps as some like to call them. I think you deserve rep for taking the time to post this in a nice way.

Bubblegum165 is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #27
I_LV_Webkinz
Guest

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

I don't think they should do that, I give rep points out, to people who work hard for them, like some people just give them out because they replied to a thread or because they got first post.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #28
♥♥
Gifted
 
runlikethewind's Avatar
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

well, thx to all that posted. Its good to see all different points. And I would just like to say, for people to really look at what rep they give and recieve. And to WI staff, I guess it was prett silly of me to ask such a HUGE job for you. I know alot of member take for-granted what all you do, I now know I'm one of them. I will be more gratefull from now on. But truely people plz think of ur rep
~runlikethewind
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #29
FunSilly
Gifted
 
Funsilly's Avatar
Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!Funsilly is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

That was a nice response runlikethewind! Some people weren't so kind in their responses to you though - that stinks! I don't understand why people can't just agree to disagree. It's perfectly OK to respond when you don't agree with someone but why be nasty about it!?! You can't please everyone all the time, Glad to see you took it in stride!
Funsilly is offline Female
Old 08-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #30
♥♥
Gifted
 
runlikethewind's Avatar
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: REP OVER-VIEWING

lol, thx funsilly
runlikethewind is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts