Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #31
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Rep Notification =]

Thanks for the feed back guys, thank you, jace, itsmebri and julia for agreeing with my idea! and webkinz thank you, I am gracious for you opinion as well as the others who agree with you
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #32
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I guess if you could turn it on and off in your options it would be great.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #33
Tim Gunn is a
Gift Guru

kateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud ofkateannec11 has much to be proud of

I like it being a surprise, it makes it more exciting!
kateannec11 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #34
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

No, no, no. Rep is not like a note or something you need to see immediately. It's also not that difficult to check your user cp. If it was a notification, then threads saying "I just got rep!" would pop up and you know what? They would just take it away again totally.

It won't happen and there have been many threads asking for it.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #35
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

i have gotten lots of rep recently and i always try to thank the person but if you get a notafied i would be sure not to miss someone

great idea
trueblue is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #36
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
No, no, no. Rep is not like a note or something you need to see immediately. It's also not that difficult to check your user cp. If it was a notification, then threads saying "I just got rep!" would pop up and you know what? They would just take it away again totally.

well, um, I dont really think you need to be so negative...But thank you for posting.

Thank you trueblue!
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:22 PM   #37
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by kinztown194
This is a nice idea. But I kinda like the little "surprise" thing when i discover when someone gave me rep. And if you're a person who gets lots of rep, it might clutter up your PM box. I like your thought though
I agree with kinztown194. I love getting surprised!
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #38
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I agree with LilyRose.

Rep is NOT something you are entitled to. It's only to be given when someone thinks you're helpful. You don't need a notification saying that you've helped someone. I think it's better as a surprise
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #39
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

This is all too true, isn't it Lilyrose
Why do we have to have Rep notification, anyway? I would way rather have notification that someone has posted on my thread than Rep notification
It is very simple to check your rep right now and you can always do a screen shot if you are worried that you may not remember who you got it from.
There have been numerous threads regarding rep notification. I believe it will not happen. But I DO believe that if people continue to make such a BIG DEAL out of it, we may well lose it again. That would be just sad
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #40
FairlyWackyMom

fairlyoddmom has disabled reputation

Some of you may not remember but there was a time when we had rep and then it was disabled. The reason being that too many people were focusing on rep. There were tons of threads on it, people were asking for it, people were misunderstanding its purpose, etc.

Justin was very kind in returning it to us but asked that we all keep the discussion about it to a minimum. So, we've gone to not discussing it at all.

I think the best thing to do is not focus on it and let it be what it is. When you see it, great. When you realize another has been added...be happy. But continuing to discuss the different aspects is what will get it removed again in the future.

For now, lets just let it be what it is. Deal?
fairlyoddmom is offline Female
Closed