Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #71
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

Default Re: Rep has to go!

I disagree. I love rep!
andrewhoya is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #72
Insanely busy
Gift Guru

animegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud ofanimegrl has much to be proud of

Here is an example of what people have written when they gave me rep. It makes me feel great that I have helped so many members and I love reading the comments whenever I see a new rep point in my User CP. Rep is nice but I also love reading when someone simply says thank you in their thread after I have helped them, they don't have to give me rep and I never expect it, thanks is enough.
I have never once helped a person just because there is chance I will get rep. I help because I remember what it's like being new and needing help.
Click the image to open in full size.
animegrl is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #73
ebkinz is FUN!
Gifted

mbug will become famous soon enough

Seriously it just tells me who has been on WI longest. You can tell which posters know each other etc... I could care less if it stays or goes though. It isn't hurting me one bit for some of you to have 100's of reps while others have none. Despite the fact that I know that some with no rep points have indeed posted helpful posts.

Heck I don't think I have any rep points, yet I always try to be helpful, but I've found on more than on occasion my posts get pulled, or I am completely ignored. ::: shrugs :::
mbug is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #74
mattybon
Webkinz :)
mattybon is on a distinguished road

I personally hate them because no one gives them to me.
mattybon is offline Male
Old 11-15-2008, 08:50 AM   #75
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Rep is way to show someone that you think they are helpful, kind, put effort into explaining something, etc...
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #76
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

Rep does not have to go as long as people use it and "spend it" wisely.

Rep is for when people do something great to help you or others. Or it could be that if a person was scammed and another person sent you an item! Also, if someone just seems like a nice person. Or even if you asked the person to do you a favor. Yes people use it as popularity, but if they "spent" their rep wisely then we wouldn't have these problems!

Heres a challenge for everyone:
Pretend for the rest of November you ONLY have 10 rep points to give away! Are you going to give it to your friends, or people that helped you or others? Please post if you will take my challenge.

Last edited by brownpig; 11-15-2008 at 09:05 AM..
brownpig is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #77
Ck the
Gifted

clearkinz2351 will become famous soon enough

Rep is when you help someone or say something nice to them. It's a way of saying thank you! It's not really a popularity thread. It's not even a thread!

Last edited by clearkinz2351; 11-15-2008 at 09:04 AM..
clearkinz2351 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 09:03 AM   #78
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by mattybon
I personally hate them because no one gives them to me.
Have you done anything helpful? Pass some rep and maybe you will get some in return
brownpig is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #79
mattybon
Webkinz :)
mattybon is on a distinguished road

yes i have helped
mattybon is offline Male
Old 11-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #80
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by CutieKinz
Thanks for the info everyone! Do rep points have anything to do with pms? I've noticed that some people will include icons in their signatures that say something like, "This is Bob Loblaw. Pm me to give him food or he will starve." Why do they want a pm?
Nope, Rep doesn't have anything to do the PMs. PMs are just to communciate with someone privately. Although, it would be a good idea to have an option to give people rep from a PM or profile message.....

Last edited by smvmonkey; 11-15-2008 at 11:48 AM..
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed