Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #61
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 
Default Re: Rep has to go!

View Post Originally Posted by RedBear
... . out of the rep that i've received, never once have i gotten one that said, "i'm giving you one bc you are my friend" --OR-- "i'm giving you one bc i think you are popular". i dont think anyone has ever attributed "popular" to me. if my cybername is known, its bc i post a lot and have two sticky threads. i've received rep ONLY for having helpful threads, having a helpful post, making someone laugh, or congratulating someone or similar. i've given rep ONLY to say thank you to someone whether it be bc they made me laugh when i needed it, bc they were generous, or bc they were kind enough to post on my "LOOK WHAT I GOT/DID" thread, or similar.

i've never given rep "just because someone is my friend". if i did my WI BFF and all my other friends would have so many rep bars that it wouldn't even be funny. i'm not stingy with rep, if you help me, you'll be getting one but i'm not going to give you one just bc you are my friend. while i sincerely value my friendships, i dont "thank" someone for being my friend in real life or in cyber life. reps are thank yous. i show my friends that i appreciate them in other ways.
That was very well said. I think a rep point would be appropriate right now. REP!
smvmonkey is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #62
WhiteTerrierFan

Rep is definitely not a popularity contest.
I give rep to people who I think deserve it.
If I see they have done something that helped me, they get rep.
If they are nice and kind, I give them rep.
Rep is a reward that people get when they have helped out, and it's a sign that you helped. Even a new member with just 4 or 5 reps, has still helped out and benefited the site, and that's really all that matters.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM   #63
Webkinz :)

CutieKinz will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the info everyone! Do rep points have anything to do with pms? I've noticed that some people will include icons in their signatures that say something like, "This is Bob Loblaw. Pm me to give him food or he will starve." Why do they want a pm?
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM   #64
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by CutieKinz
Thanks for the info everyone! Do rep points have anything to do with pms? I've noticed that some people will include icons in their signatures that say something like, "This is Bob Loblaw. Pm me to give him food or he will starve." Why do they want a pm?
Nope, reps doesn't have much to do with PMs.
PMs are just a way to communicate with someone in private instead of on a thread.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #65
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
That was very well said. I think a rep point would be appropriate right now. REP!
thank you! and thanks! beary kind of you.
RedBear is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #66
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

They are not simalair to popularity. As RedBear had said, they are "Thank you's" on the forum.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #67
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

rep is not a popularity contest. Rep is giving compliments to others how they posted something good.
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 04:06 AM   #68
webkinz_forever

No, they aren't. Rep is a way to keep track of people's nice deeds and actions. It is not popularity as people earn the boxes fair and square, and for being helpful, not popular. I am sorry if I do not agree with you on this issue, but I appreciate the rep boxes because they show how dedicated certain members are. It really isn't that bad if you don't have many boxes, but I find it nice to see the rep boxes for members who are always there to help.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #69
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I really like the rep boxes ... I think that any system has the potential to be abused such as the rep system was at one point (they had it, took it away, then it came back), but in the end, the good feelings it leads to is worth the handful of people that MAY use it as a popularity contest.

Everyday when I log on I check my User CP for rep comments. I like seeing "oh, your thread was so helpful" or "thanks for the info !" or what not. It just makes me smile, and I think a lot of people it does the same thing.

I also make sure to thank everyone that leaves me rep, and I've made a few really good friends that way, that we may not have become friends had it not been for the rep that I thanked them for.

The few times I've gotten rep for what I consider to be fluff reasons, I'm kinda like "I wish I could delete that rep" cause I want my green boxes to be 100% earned, but those are few + far between.
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #70
♥Krys♥

I don't think so. I think it helps. When someone really helped someone then the person that was being helped should give a rep point to the person that helped them. So when someone has a lot of rep points, then who ever needs help knows who to ask. I want it so stay.
Closed