Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #11
My 35 webkinz are
Gifted

webkinzlover1264 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Rep has to go!

No, its for saying thanks to someone. I feel great when I get one.

---------- webkinzlover1264 added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by ajoysmom
OMG rep has to stay, and we should be able to give it to people through PMs and their profiles.

rep is for people that have helped you out in one way or another. that can be because they gave you advice, explained how to change your avvie or they made you really LOL. its a great way to say thanks.

but like i said we should be able to give it to people through PMs and such. i dont know how many times i have PMed a mod or admin and they helped me out big time or got me in touch with someone that helped me out. but they helped me out through a PM. the only way to give them rep for the help is to go find their last post and do it that way but then they dont know exactly why you gave them rep.

anyway thats my 2 cents
You can just go to one of thier posts and rep them that way. Hope I helped!

Last edited by webkinzlover1264; 11-13-2008 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
webkinzlover1264 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
luv14webkinz

i am sorry, but rep has to stay. everyone else mainly covered why
Old 11-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #13
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I've had a few reps and they are all from different people and mostly people I don't know. I've gotten one or two for just posting on someones thread, but most are from people I helped. I've also gotten some for just making someone laugh. I've given a lot for people who helped me directly or when I see someone's kindness to someone else and also when someone's post made me smile or laugh. I didn't know them either and also wouldn't know how popular they are.
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #14
I'm finally a
Webkinz :)

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by Tree Hugger
Well....it says no popularity threads, aren't rep boxes the same thing?
omg I said about the same thing. People say that "Rep Boxes aren't the same as popularity threads" but they kind of are. Almost everyone gives their friends reps just to be nice!
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #15
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover1264
No, its for saying thanks to someone. I feel great when I get one.

---------- webkinzlover1264 added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

You can just go to one of thier posts and rep them that way. Hope I helped!
ohh i know thats how to do it but thanks. im just saying it would be nice to be able ti give rep in the PM area
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #16
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I don't think people look at someone with a lot of rep and say "Wow, they're popular." When I see someone with a lot of rep, I see "Wow, they must be really nice and contribute quite a bit." Rep is just a nice way to thanks someone for what they have done. I think these popularity contests are in our head. I don't pay any attention to who is popular or not on here, and I never see any of these popularity contests that are always being talked about.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #17
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I don't think people look at someone with a lot of rep and say "Wow, they're popular." When I see someone with a lot of rep, I see "Wow, they must be really nice and contribute quite a bit." Rep is just a nice way to thanks someone for what they have done. I think these popularity contests are in our head. I don't pay any attention to who is popular or not on here, and I never see any of these popularity contests that are always being talked about.
Exactly what reps should be about!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #18
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by gatorgirlchamps
omg I said about the same thing. People say that "Rep Boxes aren't the same as popularity threads" but they kind of are. Almost everyone gives their friends reps just to be nice!
i have to disagree with that statement. most of the people that i give rep to or get rep from i dont know who they are, with the exception of Dixiecup. i dont know her personally but we have talked a few times here on WI and i have given her rep because she is always wondering around the site and giving people such great advice and i think she deserves a great big thanks!!!
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 08:42 PM   #19
tkaboni
Gift Guru

tkaboni will become famous soon enough

I think rep is good, however I don't think it is used the way it is supposed to and others don't give rep to others when they should receive it and I don't think it should be given back to someone just because someone gave you rep unless their comment or suggestion has helped you or could help others in return.
tkaboni is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #20
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I think REP was a great idea, but the way some people are using it... it, it, isn't good. i don't think it's fair to give rep out randomly, and to more "popular" members. It was supposed to be a good thing, but i beleive some members abused it, and aren't thinking about it carefully. I'm about to give someone on this thread REP, because they had a well written post, with a good point. i think that's what rep is about, to help people who are confused, or friendless to find nice people who will treat them well. I don't beleive it's good when friends give friends bundles, and bundles of rep, because there nice to them, Espeically when there mean or exclusive to other members.

Last edited by soccergollygal; 11-13-2008 at 09:06 PM..
soccergollygal is offline Female
Closed