Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #21
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 
Default Re: Rep

View Post Originally Posted by beachrox
I don't think rep is that important. A lot of people don't have a lot of rep.. but that doesn't mean they don't do nice things for others. It doesn't matter how much rep you have, or even if you get mit for no reason. Yes, the WI Staff recomends you ONLY give rep for someone who has been nice and helpful around the forum. I have also gotten rep like this...
What's important is who you are on the inside. Not what you seem like on the outside.

.....Everyone....look at the DATE when they joined WI. Beachrox, you only
just joined in March. I, for example joined in August of 2007....no wonder I have
more boxes....I've been here so much longer than you and have had more time
for people to get to know me, than you have.
If you had joined the same time as me, I'm sure you'd have more boxes
than I do.

Last edited by Gingerly; 09-29-2008 at 04:12 PM..
Gingerly is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #22
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I agree that a lot of members use it as a random thing especially in open mike.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #23
ebkinz addict! :)
Webkinz :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, I guess rep isn't as important as I thought it was. I guess I just overreacted. Thanks for commenting guys!
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #24
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I see your point, you mean rep should be given out for the right reasons being helpful to a member etc. But I do disagree because most of my rep is for just being nice, which I think is alright. Why? Because it means I have a reputition for being nice.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #25
Andykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clownAndykinz is cool as a bunny clown

I disagree, I think most people use the rep system for what it is intended to be. I went and looked at the latest reputation, and none of it has been for the wrong reasons. I think it the year I have been here, I have gotten 5 points that were not for being helpful/nice, etc. [lilpad's reason which is also my reason]
Andykinz is offline Male
Old 09-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #26

beachrox will become famous soon enough

Yes, Andykinz, you are right. I have gotten maybe 1 REP where it was about my avvie...

---------- beachrox added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Gingerly
.....Everyone....look at the DATE when they joined WI. Beachrox, you only
just joined in March. I, for example joined in August of 2007....no wonder I have
more boxes....I've been here so much longer than you and have had more time
for people to get to know me, than you have.
If you had joined the same time as me, I'm sure you'd have more boxes
than I do.
Yes, that is true. But I know a few people who joined before me and have the same amount of rep as me. And I know for some reason, Staff have a lot of rep Mainly because everyone knows them by their bold, colorful names
But I know a few members as well who have rep like the Staff does.

Last edited by beachrox; 09-30-2008 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
beachrox is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #27
bee wacky!
Gifted

beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness
beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Andykinz
I disagree, I think most people use the rep system for what it is intended to be. ....
I think if something is put in place for a good reason, there is always someone who will use it for something other than for what it was intended. Rep points are good when they are used to tell others about someone who is helpful and can be trusted. But there are others who are using this process to give a gift to new members of WI. Why? I don't know.

Some examples are seen with some of the people who are posting on this thread, including me. Some posters are Lil'Kinz with 2 posts and they have at least on rep point. I have 36? posts and I have 2 rep points; the first one came in response to my post in the "Hi! I'm Joe!..." thread. The other one was earned. Maybe this gift of a rep point was supposed to make me feel good and be a welcome gift. But I don't feel good about it. I just mentally discount the number by one and always will.

I think there are more of us who are using it for it's intended use. Let's keep doing it so the Lil'Kinz out there, and some of us not-so-much-older-than-Lil'Kinz, will know who the trusted people are.

beekay

My First and My Favorite

:el1: :clyde:
beekay is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

i made a simular thread like this, i agree completely.
runlikethewind is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #29
rambo33...save ur kc
Gift Trainee
yukita03jm is just really niceyukita03jm is just really nice

I don't use the rep box at all before but i had been using it a little now
and i agree with icecube it is a complicated matter..haha
yukita03jm is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #30
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I don't quite agree on that one, I think most common way for people to give out reps is just because they are a good friend or if they have helped or been nice (etc)

Such as, I've been to the 'Help' thread and helped alot! But I usually don't get rep. Yet, when I get rep on the Daily Chat Thread.. I have like 3 reps a week... (i know that's not alot. xD)
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed