Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
aweicker
Gift Guru

Bonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud ofBonsai has much to be proud of

Default Re: Rep

Of my last 10 reps, one says "For giving me a rep!"

But all the others are fine - given for helpful posts, or because people enjoyed something that I posted. Two of them are even from mods, because they thought the post was cute/funny.

People give rep for all kinds of reasons. As long as someone isn't rep fishing (repping everyone in a thread, in hopes of getting rep in return,) I don't really see a problem with it. Giving rep because you appreciate someone's post, or to congratulate someone, thank someone, etc. sounds fine to me.

And for the maybe 4-5 reps I've gotten that were random or undeserved, I know I have another 500 posts that deserved rep and didn't get any. So it works itself out, in my case at least.
Bonsai is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

Emmah432 is on a distinguished road

In my opinion i don't think reps are that important. I mean, no one sees them or bothers to ask "how many reps do you have". You could just ignore it because they don't really do much
Emmah432 is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
appleloverfreak

applegirl33 is on a distinguished road

I know what you mean. I've got rep points before I read a book!!! It was wierd!
applegirl33 is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 PM   #14
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Okay call me clueless, but I don't know how the rep points work. Where do I look to see if I have rep points? How would I give someone else rep points? I feel badly that there are people who have helped me and I haven't given them the appropriate credit.
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
ebkinz addict! :)

ColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of lightColliesRAwesome is a glorious beacon of light

To give someone rep, click on the thumbs up icon next to the whether they are online/offline icon.
ColliesRAwesome is offline Female
Old 09-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

i think that maybe they were giving it to u for being nice and replying
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM   #17
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

You know, I really don't care about Rep.

And once it accumulates, it makes your little "box" kinda crowded looking. In my opinion.
I think one to four rep. boxes is enough, anymore and it looks a bit cluttered.

Anyway, I havn't gotten rep for any wrong reasons. It's once in a blue moon, when I make a "perfect" post. A perfect post to me is one which is helpful enough to get reputation for the RIGHT reasons. But when I do, sure I'm happy. Not because I might get one little green box added to my name that nobody really notices, but because I helped someone, and they knew it.

Last edited by webkinz_lover_; 09-29-2008 at 03:57 PM..
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #18
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by snugglebunny72
Okay call me clueless, but I don't know how the rep points work. Where do I look to see if I have rep points? How would I give someone else rep points? I feel badly that there are people who have helped me and I haven't given them the appropriate credit.
Hi!

To check your latest 10 reputation points, go to the "UserCP" and select "UserCP Home." Then, scroll down past your subscribed threads, and there will be your rep!

To give rep, click on the little thumbs up underneath their avatar. Then, type a little message (if your stumped as to what to say, you can just write "great answer" or "Thanks for the help.")
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
I disagree, I think most people use the rep system for what it is intended to be. I went and looked at the latest reputation, and none of it has been for the wrong reasons. I think it the year I have been here, I have gotten 5 points that were not for being helpful/nice, etc.
.....I agree Lily.
I think we need to remember that our very new, or very young members aren't
really sure how to use the Rep System.
I've received a few Rep Points where the comment-section was left blank...proving
to me ( and I checked to be sure) that indeed, it was a new member.
.....Lets try not to be so hard-hearted about Rep....The majority of our members
know exactly how to use it.....the others will learn.....
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #20

ilovewebkins13 is on a distinguished road

well thats kinda true =] I agree with beachrox =]
Closed