Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #21
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Default Re: Removing the "Bad Traders and Scammers" Announcement?

I think it's important to keep it up there; especially for the new GTs who are unexperianced and need to know what to watch out for =].
lilhorselover is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #22
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Well, I am just saying that if not removed, it does need updating. There isn't that much info in there except for the warnings.
Originally Posted by Justin
This list will serve as a "BAD TRADER" list for future offenses. Any member listed below has directly cheated one of our members here at WI or has attempted to take advantage of our members in one way or another.

Again, if you ever have any problems with anyone, let us know right away and we'll see what we can do.

Unfortunately, with things being so rare and no real recourse within Webkinz World, there are some people out there to take advantage of good-hearted souls like ourselves.

First, some warnings......
Don't ever give out your WebkinzWorld Password - We'll never ask for it and, if someone asks you for it, let us know!

Don't ever download any programs that claim to "make you tons of Kinz Cash" or "help you find Webkinz on the Internet" - They are likely Trojan Horses that monitor your keystrokes and send them to people who will hack into your account! If you see anything like this, let us know!

Don't ever pay someone who is "selling" their Webkinz account with "$xx,000 KinzCash" in it. It's a scam, they'll take your money and then they'll change the password on you!! It sounds too good to be true because it is!!!

Don't ever participate in a "contest" where someone says that the person who sends the best gift will win something spectacular. You won't, you'll just lose the item that you sent them and never see them again

----------------------------

1) WI ID - grant10, sheffield, webkinzisthebest13,webkinzrules12, arnold11,webkinz58 --- WW ID - eth10, eth20, eth30
2) WI ID - Maddie, Webkinztrader --- WW ID - dramagrl528
3) WI ID - toby4eva -- WW ID - toby4eva
4) WI ID - peeplover22 -- WW ID - blueeyes22
5) WI ID - mochalicious -- WW ID - chattychick999
6) WI ID - gc32095 --- WW ID - gc32095
7) WI ID - Lizzie -- WW ID - ands123
8 ) WI ID - horselover211113 -- WW ID - georgiabk
9) WI ID - tssouthpark
10) WI ID - haley890 -- WW ID - haley890, kaliey838
11) WI ID - GANZ -- WW ID - sugarbabi
12) WI ID - hanabel4eva, baseball25 -- WW ID - ALLEYWALLY
13) WI ID - MaddyGirl, MaddyGirl34 -- WW ID - mb071533
14) WI ID - JEdward -- WW ID - JEMMKM
15) WW ID - bamaluke
16) WI ID - Nikki12340
17) WW ID- adawg 1500
18 ) WI ID - Kayla72, 1407mdg -- WW ID - kayla72
19) WW ID - snowsue123
20) WI ID - c2comm -- WW ID - princessdj
21) WW/WI ID - Sparky2345
22) WW/WI ID - satti103
23) WW/WI ID - AlexusK96/Alexuspink
24) WI ID - cowpie, beeedy -- WW ID - beedy
25) WI ID - kpiggy16, jessica1234, nipsy987 -- WW ID - kpiggy16
26) WI ID - TeeLynn, momto4 -- WW ID - TeeLynn
27) WW/WI ID - mvrocksyaaaaaa
2 WW/WI ID - party850
29) WW ID - cupcakecuties101
30) WI ID- Miley2389- WW ID 1996alyssa1996
31) WI ID - Fieldhockeyxoxo
32) WW ID-Jristhebest ~ WW ID- texanhottie1
33) WW/WI ID ricekricpies11
34) WW/WI ID Jorat
35) WI ID josgyrl2006 WW ID josgyrl2006 and crismd
36) WW/WI ID - RuggedPuma
37) WW/WI ID - Stay_beautiful and realspirit12
3 WEI3KINZ - Kinzguide, asanbub, asunbub2
39) silentartist59 and webbiesluver98 - Forthetwins, Forthetwins2, SILENTIST60, and Silentartist59

Also, here is a link to JCDIST2000's continually-updated list of bad traders in the Clubhouse!

Clubhouse Bad Traders!
Galfam is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #23
Alyssa
Webkinz :)

alyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guide

I think you should keep it there.Maybe it could be in only 1 area of the fourm so it is eazy
alyssa338 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #24
jet3461

Elephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonderElephant wows us all with wonder

Well, that announcement expires in November of this year anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Elephant is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #25
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Well, I had a nice and long reply typed up this morning, but then, of course, I lost connection to teh intrawebz and shut my laptop off without saving it (insert Homer Simpson "Doh!"). But, I'll try to cover most of what I said...

I think that the rule banning talk of clubhouse trades needs to be reconsidered, or the announcement removed.

Why?
1) The announcement could be interpreted as contradicting the rule.
2) The rule is oft-confusing (at least it was for me for the first year or so of being on WI).
3) There is talk of scammers in the clubhouse multiple times on a daily basis; this *could* be interpreted as violating the rule.

So, with that said, I'm not saying that stripping the rule completely is the only thing that would help. I am saying that one of these three things could help avoid confusion, as well as aid clarity:
1) The rule is actually stripped.
2) The rule is clarified, and either enforced to its fullest extent (outlawing the discussion of scammers) or added on to to reflect exceptions for discussing scammers.
3) The announcement is pulled.

That is my opinion, anyway.
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #26
Gifted

Cheerleader98 has disabled reputation

If you look at when it is actually set to expire, it will expire this year.
Cheerleader98 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #27
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by Cheerleader98
If you look at when it is actually set to expire, it will expire this year.
While true, that is still over 6 months away. It may also end up extended as well. That's why I suggested clarification in my post a bit earlier. I'm fine with the announcement, as long as the rule is clarified to allow the discussion of scams/scammers.
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 04-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #28
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
While true, that is still over 6 months away. It may also end up extended as well. That's why I suggested clarification in my post a bit earlier. I'm fine with the announcement, as long as the rule is clarified to allow the discussion of scams/scammers.
Thanks Nick, that pretty much what I am trying to get across!
Galfam is offline Male
Old 04-13-2010, 06:58 PM   #29

CJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clown

Not sure why this announcement needs to be removed, just a few little lines at the top of the page til you click on it. if it bothers you don't click. I think it is helpful for new members, it helped me, the trading room talk is a continous eye opener..new scams daily.
Maybe clarifying the rules would be helpful.
But I just seen a member in the chimpettes thread trying to trade their contest dress, so the clarification needs to be done in all the threads...maybe?

Last edited by CJMM; 04-13-2010 at 07:03 PM..
CJMM is offline Female
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #30
Swim, Write, Music
Gift Guru

MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great
MarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be greatMarielofRedwall dares to be great

You have a point Galfam. However, what if people just want to read it, so they have reminders? Justin can add to it, but not remove it. I think it's useful, and would help a whole lot. We want to be safe from scammers, because people have scammed in WI during the past. Thanks for sharing your idea though!
MarielofRedwall is offline Female
Closed