Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: Removing the "Bad Traders and Scammers" Announcement?

That might be true... but not knowing someone doesn't make it any more safe. There are still many people on WW and WI who scam, however hard it is to believe. They may not scam on WI, but it's still possible. The announcement is going to be removed sometime in November 2011, I think, anyway. Webberlily is definitely right, it's good to learn about these things from the past so you don't fall for the same things.
I speak as someone who has been on WI for over 2 years when I say that list has actually helped me in the GE and in WW.

Last edited by tarsky781; 04-03-2010 at 09:04 AM..
tarsky781 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #12
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

The thing about blending all the stickies into one updated announcement, is that each sticky has an author who spent a lot of time and work creating their thread, including a lot of illustrations. They deserve credit. Also at this point they could update their own work if they wanted to, since it's their post. All this would disappear with blending them all into one.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

IMHO, I think Galfam has a point... I think that either the rule about discussing trades in the clubhouse should be reevaluated, or the announcement should be pulled. It *does* make it somewhat confusing about what is and is not allowed; I know what exactly was allowed about discussing the clubhouse was one of the most confusing guidelines on WI for my first year or so.
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
katt †

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Scamming is and has always been a big problem I'm not sure about this.
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #15
Munchie is on a distinguished road

I think they are useful to see who to afoid and not trade with.
Its better to be safe and sorry!
Munchie is offline Female
Old 04-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #16
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Nah;; I like it being there.. sorry.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
Banned
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish
WolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fishWolvesRGr8t won a staring contest with a fish

This is why I personally think they still have that thread up:
1. There are still new members to WW and WI, so they need to know that they can be scammed.
2. It could teach someone who was going to scam someone here on WI, that they WILL lose their WI account, and its better to do truthful trades so you can keep trading and get the items you want truthfully.
3. So WW members can be aware that those scammers are still out there.
That's just IMO. ")
WolvesRGr8t is offline Male
Old 04-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #18
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by WolvesRGr8t
This is why I personally think they still have that thread up:
1. There are still new members to WW and WI, so they need to know that they can be scammed.
2. It could teach someone who was going to scam someone here on WI, that they WILL lose their WI account, and its better to do truthful trades so you can keep trading and get the items you want truthfully.
3. So WW members can be aware that those scammers are still out there.
That's just IMO. ")
Well, that announcement does not really tell you anything about scamming as much as who scammed... And they have long since lost their accounts...
Galfam is offline Male
Old 04-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #19
Banned
ED0001 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
I can see your point, especially since when you are trading now it gives a description of the item. I know it's not always specific about some things, but it also warns if you are trading something of much value for something of little value, so those 2 stopgaps themselves would prevent a lot of the people trading food items and claiming they were crowns and such.

Maybe instead of removing it altogether, the "old" scams like I just mentioned could be replaced with new tricks of scammers? Perhaps the thread & warnings just need a good updating?
One 'problem' is that GANZ has a strange idea of what an item of value is. Recipes are considered to be of value while most retired items are not. This makes it 'easier' for scammers.

In fact I would say this 'check' likely for this reason does more harm than good - more than once I have been trading with someone an older retired item and been really 'nice' accepting lower value current exclusive only for the trader to back out once getting the message and the other person then saying 'Not Fair. I'm reporting you.' after cancelling the trade.

A few other 'items of value' which are not seen as such by the check are the old wishing well exclusive, Kinz Clothes, most trading card items, ... the list goes on and on.

If you try trading the swimming pool (2000 KC) for a creme caramel recipe (15 KC) the 'warning' that you are trading an item of value goes to the recipe NOT the trader putting up the swimming pool.

BUT for another reason I would like to see the 'topic' of bad trades and scammers removed. Since it talks about 'trading of X for Y' it gives the impression that this type of discussion is allowed - but it isn't.

I understand the how this can help members - but perhaps a better place would be to set up a Wiki on the topic so the rules in the forums are cleaner... No talk of trading X for Y in the forums PERIOD.

My take on things with regards to the GE, the 'training process' really is not about keeping people out but making sure that when people get in they know how to value their items and how to make effective offers. What keeps the GE 'clean' is that people once in are interested in making lots of trades and won't risk losing access to the GE by making a bad trade.

ED0001 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #20
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ED0001
One 'problem' is that GANZ has a strange idea of what an item of value is. Recipes are considered to be of value while most retired items are not. This makes it 'easier' for scammers.

In fact I would say this 'check' likely for this reason does more harm than good - more than once I have been trading with someone an older retired item and been really 'nice' accepting lower value current exclusive only for the trader to back out once getting the message and the other person then saying 'Not Fair. I'm reporting you.' after cancelling the trade.

A few other 'items of value' which are not seen as such by the check are the old wishing well exclusive, Kinz Clothes, most trading card items, ... the list goes on and on.

If you try trading the swimming pool (2000 KC) for a creme caramel recipe (15 KC) the 'warning' that you are trading an item of value goes to the recipe NOT the trader putting up the swimming pool.

BUT for another reason I would like to see the 'topic' of bad trades and scammers removed. Since it talks about 'trading of X for Y' it gives the impression that this type of discussion is allowed - but it isn't.

I understand the how this can help members - but perhaps a better place would be to set up a Wiki on the topic so the rules in the forums are cleaner... No talk of trading X for Y in the forums PERIOD.

My take on things with regards to the GE, the 'training process' really is not about keeping people out but making sure that when people get in they know how to value their items and how to make effective offers. What keeps the GE 'clean' is that people once in are interested in making lots of trades and won't risk losing access to the GE by making a bad trade.

Yes, I think Ganz did go a little crazy with that...
Galfam is offline Male
Closed