Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Removing the "Bad Traders and Scammers" Announcement?

I think it might be time to remove this announcement. Since WI doesn't approve of posting stuff about stuff that happened inside of WW TR, I don't think this is needed anymore...

Maybe we could just reform it? Maybe have the ways some people scam or something like that?

Last edited by Galfam; 04-03-2010 at 09:28 AM..
Galfam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
Gifted

wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero
wowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a herowowewe was born a hero

Default Re: Removing the "Bad Traders and Scammers" Announcement?

I think it's still good to warn people about the worst scammers. Plus, some of them are people that scammed in WI [I know, hard to believe ].
wowewe is offline Female
Old 04-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Yes, but with that announcement from 2007, many of us don't know most of the members, and the GE system is definitely much more secure than ever before...
Galfam is offline Male
Old 04-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can see your point, especially since when you are trading now it gives a description of the item. I know it's not always specific about some things, but it also warns if you are trading something of much value for something of little value, so those 2 stopgaps themselves would prevent a lot of the people trading food items and claiming they were crowns and such.

Maybe instead of removing it altogether, the "old" scams like I just mentioned could be replaced with new tricks of scammers? Perhaps the thread & warnings just need a good updating?

MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #5
webkinz_forever

I think that this should only be showed in GE section.
If people do not know how to check the WIGEV for TR trades, that's their fault.
And if it's stickied in the GE, no one can say they weren't warned.
Problem solved.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #6
toricutie2000
Webkinz :)

toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!toricutie is the bees knees!

But i thought the whole point was to provide help & info to all-INCLUDING the new people on here??
Old 04-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #7
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

yes........but do we talk about trading on the forums? or not allow trading talk on the forums?

I think a line needs to be drawn . right now it is ......you can talk about this........ but do not mention THAT. You can say what happened to you here....but do not mention the details about what really happened THERE.

I agree with you. It is confusing.
I think WI needs to make a definite all purpose decision about the rules for everyone regarding clubhouse/trade talk in the general forums.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #8
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Scamming is and has always been a huge problem. Knowing of previous scams, even if they are less likely to happen now with the increased WW security, is still useful and brings home several lessons for young traders of all ages. Know your items. Buyer beware. Let's not repeat the errors of the past. Don't fall for sob stories.

These are stickies and they have a certain age, but they are full of useful advice and make for interesting reading. These stickies also contain trade descriptions as examples of scams to avoid; they are warnings. However, in current regular threads, trade descriptions are not allowed. I think most members have no problem making this distinction.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

I think it's there for a reason : To warn members about bad scammers which could still be lurking around the Trading Room for their next victim.

Yes, what Webberlily said, what you have traded in the Trading Room cannot be discussed anywhere else, for safety's sake.
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 04-03-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by MamaDragon3
I can see your point, especially since when you are trading now it gives a description of the item. I know it's not always specific about some things, but it also warns if you are trading something of much value for something of little value, so those 2 stopgaps themselves would prevent a lot of the people trading food items and claiming they were crowns and such.

Maybe instead of removing it altogether, the "old" scams like I just mentioned could be replaced with new tricks of scammers? Perhaps the thread & warnings just need a good updating?

WI does not allow any talk of what happened in the clubhouse. There are a couple of threads that show some tricks, but you can't talk about the scammer's pet name or username on WW. If someone is scamming on WW, that's another story...

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
I think that this should only be showed in GE section.
If people do not know how to check the WIGEV for TR trades, that's their fault.
And if it's stickied in the GE, no one can say they weren't warned.
Problem solved.
Well, I don't see how it would really make a difference, all the WI members on there have surely been banned, and if they are repeat scammers in the clubhouse they have probably been banned from WW too. I just think that since everything on there is so outdated that it isn't needed anymore.

View Post Originally Posted by toricutie
But i thought the whole point was to provide help & info to all-INCLUDING the new people on here??
Yes, but that list isn't and can't be updated. We aren't allowed to mention names of people in the clubhouse and we can't say "I got scammed out of my red lava for a new exclusive, he said it was a.."
If that was serious, a mod would remove it.

View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
yes........but do we talk about trading on the forums? or not allow trading talk on the forums?

I think a line needs to be drawn . right now it is ......you can talk about this........ but do not mention THAT. You can say what happened to you here....but do not mention the details about what really happened THERE.

I agree with you. It is confusing.
I think WI needs to make a definite all purpose decision about the rules for everyone regarding clubhouse/trade talk in the general forums.
Yes, I do agree that it is kinda wishy-washy with the rules considering this...

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
Scamming is and has always been a huge problem. Knowing of previous scams, even if they are less likely to happen now with the increased WW security, is still useful and brings home several lessons for young traders of all ages. Know your items. Buyer beware. Let's not repeat the errors of the past. Don't fall for sob stories.

These are stickies and they have a certain age, but they are full of useful advice and make for interesting reading. These stickies also contain trade descriptions as examples of scams to avoid; they are warnings. However, in current regular threads, trade descriptions are not allowed. I think most members have no problem making this distinction.
I see your point, but maybe this list needs to be updated, not with new traders, but with the actual ways they scam. There are some stickies in the Clubhouse section, and maybe they could incorporated into a new announcement.

View Post Originally Posted by murphy20071
I think it's there for a reason : To warn members about bad scammers which could still be lurking around the Trading Room for their next victim.

Yes, what Webberlily said, what you have traded in the Trading Room cannot be discussed anywhere else, for safety's sake.
Yes, but I still think that the announcement needs to be reformed. (Now I sound like President Obama...)
Galfam is offline Male
Closed