Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #21
Gifted

coolocat1 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Reminder Threads....ANN0YING!!! To me, its BEGGING for rep.

Ummm.... That's kinda what your doing right now....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #22
Adventure Time!(:
Webkinz :)

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs down Re: Reminder Threads....ANN0YING!!! To me, its BEGGING for rep.

I strongly disagree with you.

To me, Reminder threads are the best! They'll throw you a little heads-up so you know what is proper and expected of you on Webkinz Insider. Also, giving, and receiving, and (yes even) wanting Reputation points is completely fine and good-natured. In my shoes, they drive me to give helpful little tips (such as, "You're not actually supposed to type in that red ink. I'm just telling you so you don't get in trouble later!!") and making threads is extremely good and actually KIND to the Webkinz Insider Community.

So, as you can see, we really don't see eye-to-eye in this conflict. But, that's okay. You feel free to have your own opinions as you long as you let me have mine. Thank you!

~PrincessToeshoe~

P.S. I REALLY don't mean to be rude but I have a question, have you gotten any Reputation from this thread? Please answer honestly if you answer at all, okay...thanks.

---------- PrincessToeshoe added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by coolocat1
Ummm.... That's kinda what your doing right now....
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

~PrincessToeshoe~♫

Last edited by PrincessToeshoe; 02-18-2009 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: text
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Personally I hate reminder threads. Hardly any are needed, and they glog up the server. If I wre a mod I would delete them all. Or make a rule against them.

(BTW, I thought this was a "reminder" thread and groaned. What a pleasant surprise!)
Ivie is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #24
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

well i my smileys aren't working today but the only time anybody starts those threads is becasue we notice a lot of people breaking the rules /or making it diffcult around WI/ etc...so these threads are for good reason and people rep them because they really agree and are happy that they began that thread---i did the "no offense" thread just because i wanted to make sure people understood that it could be mean...
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #25

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
Personally I hate reminder threads. Hardly any are needed, and they glog up the server. If I wre a mod I would delete them all. Or make a rule against them.

(BTW, I thought this was a "reminder" thread and groaned. What a pleasant surprise!)
Lol. I never make those. Your sooo right about all the things you said about RT. (reminder threads)

Yeah, they are helpful. But you already need to know these things! If you dont, you have a problem... But like Ivie said, they glog up the server!

YES! I know DogLuver made the thread about proper english and i apoligezed to her about if i was offenseive!!!

Yes, I did recieve rep for this. rep if for when you think people are REALLY being helpful. Not saying the same thing 0VER AND 0VER again. And some people feel I did that! Now, Im not saying,

"No rep needed!" Which if you REALLY read in between the lines, saying "I want reps!" But nor am i saying,

"Please give me rep! I worked hard!!!" Now, no one has said that. Nor are they ALL0WED to say that. Lol.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Even if your opnion wasnt the same as mine.

=-)
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #26
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I personally do not like reminder threads that much.
If people READ the rules and make sure they understand and remember to follow them, then reminder threads wouldn't be needed. All people need to do is read the rules as they are supposed to.
But that's just my opinion.
But yes, some threads may be for just rep, and some threads may just they want to help out some.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 11:20 PM   #27
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I think they are good. Some people need reminders to keep WI a better place. Yes, sometimes they are annoying but if there is alot mods close them. If you don't like them, don't read them!

---------- Amymt added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by PrincessToeshoe
I strongly disagree with you.

To me, Reminder threads are the best! They'll throw you a little heads-up so you know what is proper and expected of you on Webkinz Insider. Also, giving, and receiving, and (yes even) wanting Reputation points is completely fine and good-natured. In my shoes, they drive me to give helpful little tips (such as, "You're not actually supposed to type in that red ink. I'm just telling you so you don't get in trouble later!!") and making threads is extremely good and actually KIND to the Webkinz Insider Community.

So, as you can see, we really don't see eye-to-eye in this conflict. But, that's okay. You feel free to have your own opinions as you long as you let me have mine. Thank you!

~PrincessToeshoe~

P.S. I REALLY don't mean to be rude but I have a question, have you gotten any Reputation from this thread? Please answer honestly if you answer at all, okay...thanks.

---------- PrincessToeshoe added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later ----------

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!

~PrincessToeshoe~♫
I agree with you! loves reminder theards!

Last edited by Amymt; 02-18-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Amymt is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #28
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

i feel like this is a reminder thread... i hate to see any thread on the topic of rep and unless you say something like "Rep is appreciated" i don't think reminder threads have anything to do with rep at all.
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #29

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
I personally do not like reminder threads that much.
If people READ the rules and make sure they understand and remember to follow them, then reminder threads wouldn't be needed. All people need to do is read the rules as they are supposed to.
But that's just my opinion.
But yes, some threads may be for just rep, and some threads may just they want to help out some.
Exactly my point! Thats my 5th person who agrees with me. =-)
View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
I think they are good. Some people need reminders to keep WI a better place. Yes, sometimes they are annoying but if there is alot mods close them. If you don't like them, don't read them!

---------- Amymt added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later ----------

I agree with you! loves reminder theards!
Not me and 5 other people! Lol. Thanks for the input!
View Post Originally Posted by dandogkinie
i feel like this is a reminder thread... i hate to see any thread on the topic of rep and unless you say something like "Rep is appreciated" i don't think reminder threads have anything to do with rep at all.
Well, reminder threads are for rules and stuff. And this isnt a thread saying,

"Please be nice!" or "Dont start fights!" Those are annoying to ALWAYS see! Now the creative ones like DogLuver, is ok.
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #30
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by turtlegurl♥
Alrighty. So, lately around this section of the fourm, everyone keeps posting reminder threads! Like, "Dont be mean" or "Post in proper english" or things like that. Or "dont give random rep". And on those threads, they say "no rep needed. " WHAT?! Its like, we know u want rep! Dont you think we know those rules already?! I mean, we're supposed to. This part of the thread is for the rules (that D0NT need to be reminded 0VER AND 0VER again) and suggestions. feels like the "reminder rule" section.

Hey, i came up with an idea for a new thread section!

xD

Now if you think that this thread is offensive. Please post that dude in your post and also say your reason. =-)
First of all only 1 or 2 of these people a fishing for rep. Second of all isint this a reminder thread?
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Closed