Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #41
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Reminder Threads

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
But think of how many 7-10 year olds actually read this section? And the mods/admins correct them if they do something wrong.
Very true.

But, let's not turn this thread into a debate.
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #42
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

But this is the Rules and Suggestions section for a reason..

Rules = on a sticky

Suggestions = people posts Ideas like adding Insider Insider things, the pictures of rares at the top, user names with dif colors, ect..

If the rules are there, we shouldnt need reminders..
Good point, but if you see the number of people that have viewed the rules Kevin posted since WI began, it's a lot of people, yes, but it's a lot less then let's say, Gingerly's "How To Make Good Posts" thread which hasn't been around nearly as long. They're both stickies in the same section as well.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #43
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Again, let's not turn this in to a debate But, I think I have no real side of where my thoughts lay in this matter.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #44
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
Very true.

But, let's not turn this thread into a debate.
Debates are perfectly okay, as long as it's not a fight. (;
Old 04-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #45
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Good point, but if you see the number of people that have viewed the rules Kevin posted since WI began, it's a lot of people, yes, but it's a lot less then let's say, Gingerly's "How To Make Good Posts" thread which hasn't been around nearly as long. They're both stickies in the same section as well.
But remember when you sign up you have to agree to the rules before posting [not the ones on the thread, but a pop up comes up and you have to click an accept button]
Munchies is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #46
WhiteTerrierFan

A fair amount of people forget the rules. There are many 7-10 year olds here. They can't memorize EVERY rule (: That's why people remind them (:
They can always go back and re-read the rules. (:
That could be easily done, and a lot of younger kids are smarter than people give them credit for.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #47
me is bored xD
Gifted

But remember when you sign up you have to agree to the rules before posting [not the ones on the thread, but a pop up comes up and you have to click an accept button]
Again, most people don't read those rules I can't remember ever talking to a person that did. (I only read half of them...)
Old 04-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #48
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

They're actually pretty different. There's a section that Kevin has in his that the Rules link doesn't have.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #49
me is bored xD
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
They can always go back and re-read the rules. (:
That could be easily done, and a lot of younger kids are smarter than people give them credit for.
That is very true. I think that some reminders now and then are ok though Just to make sure we remember stuff
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #50
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Well, no one IS perfect. I need a few reminders now and then too. The threads I find annoying are threads that people post and then say "Don't give me rep" because people will give them rep, anyways. As long as reminder threads don't get created all on one topic and in excess, I think they're fine.

And I know what you mean by peers and staff members. I just think that staff members reprimanding you is sort of like your parents reprimanding you. It's more "serious" then it is with friends and makes me (and probably others) feel worse than they probably would feel if a friend said, "Hey, just wanted to let you know that red ink is reserved for admins and mods." Staff members probably wouldn't say that because they're adults and probably don't talk like that normally. A member correcting you would just be a friendly reminder with a good intention because if it WAS serious, wouldn't you get in more trouble if an admin or mod noticed it?

I have made mistakes before, as well as everyone else has
People will want rep either way, and I can guarantee you that whenever someone makes a reminder thread they DO expect rep.

I don't even hear friends say that to one another. That sounds really robotic for someone to say it like that too.. The staff at this forum are VERY nice, and I don't feel they are getting credit for what they do from you. They were made moderators and administrators to help run the forum, help them if there was a problem with features on the site, and let them know the rules when they broke them. Almost all of the staff here are very active, and I believe that they can handle things around the Website themselves.

Again, most people don't read those rules I can't remember ever talking to a person that did. (I only read half of them...)
So in a conversation with someone you pop up the question "Have you read Kevin's rules?"
Jake is offline Male
Closed