Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #31
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Reminder Threads

PS: I agree with you also Its just, I think that the new members should be more strongly encouraged to read the rules (:
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #32
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

And I'm definitely against threads that are for rep, BUT I think that if the staff thought that we wouldn't need reminders or suggestions, they might not have made this forum, or deleted those threads with suggestions.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #33
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but the problem is that not everyone reads the rules. Some might skim through it, some might just click "I agree", and just a handful probably have read the rules entirely and understand them, know what I mean? Sometimes they don't even go back (I didn't, to tell you the truth) and rely on others for reminders. I found this section a great place for reminders because there are members here telling you what not to do and explaining why if you're new or a seasoned member and have had the question since you joined. However, I think that extra threads about a topic that's recently been posted or discussed aren't needed. I know we have a lot of mods and admins willing to help, but sometimes a friendly nudge in the right direction from another member is good too. If a mod or admin corrects me in some way, for example, no matter how small, I would think that I did something really, really bad. But if another member corrects me, (let's say I used red ink that's reserved for admins) I wouldn't feel AS bad because it's just another member just like me. Do you kind of get at what I'm saying? (Sorry for the long post)
I still don't get what the reminders are for. Most of the ones I see are these extremely annoying ones sorta kinda giving me this message: " -nudge nudge- GIVE ME REP." And I don't really see how a staff member is different from a member. I think it would be more insulting to me if a member was correcting me since it is one of my peers. I do not mind the staff correcting me because they know what they are doing, and that is why they got their position. But if a member corrects me, that makes me a bit angry because they have probably made many mistakes before also.
Jake is offline Male
Old 04-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #34
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Super Clydesdale Bros
I still don't get what the reminders are for. Most of the ones I see are these extremely annoying ones sorta kinda giving me this message: " -nudge nudge- GIVE ME REP." And I don't really see how a staff member is different from a member. I think it would be more insulting to me if a member was correcting me since it is one of my peers. I do not mind the staff correcting me because they know what they are doing, and that is why they got their position. But if a member corrects me, that makes me a bit angry because they have probably made many mistakes before also.
If a member corrects you, it is because they care about you enough to let you know that you were doing something wrong (:

We all learn from our mistakes, and we share our mistakes so others do not make the same mistakes. (:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #35
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
And I'm definitely against threads that are for rep, BUT I think that if the staff thought that we wouldn't need reminders or suggestions, they might not have made this forum, or deleted those threads with suggestions.
But this is the Rules and Suggestions section for a reason..

Rules = on a sticky

Suggestions = people posts Ideas like adding Insider Insider things, the pictures of rares at the top, user names with dif colors, ect..

If the rules are there, we shouldnt need reminders..
Munchies is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #36
Gift Guru

dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!dreamb97 is not just visiting!

i totally agree jake! awesome thread!
dreamb97 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #37
me is bored xD
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
But this is the Rules and Suggestions section for a reason..

Rules = on a sticky

Suggestions = people posts Ideas like adding Insider Insider things, the pictures of rares at the top, user names with dif colors, ect..

If the rules are there, we shouldnt need reminders..
A fair amount of people forget the rules. There are many 7-10 year olds here. They can't memorize EVERY rule (: That's why people remind them (:
Old 04-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #38
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Super Clydesdale Bros
Well, no one IS perfect. I need a few reminders now and then too. The threads I find annoying are threads that people post and then say "Don't give me rep" because people will give them rep, anyways. As long as reminder threads don't get created all on one topic and in excess, I think they're fine.

And I know what you mean by peers and staff members. I just think that staff members reprimanding you is sort of like your parents reprimanding you. It's more "serious" then it is with friends and makes me (and probably others) feel worse than they probably would feel if a friend said, "Hey, just wanted to let you know that red ink is reserved for admins and mods." Staff members probably wouldn't say that because they're adults and probably don't talk like that normally. A member correcting you would just be a friendly reminder with a good intention because if it WAS serious, wouldn't you get in more trouble if an admin or mod noticed it?

I have made mistakes before, as well as everyone else has
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:24 PM   #39
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
A fair amount of people forget the rules. There are many 7-10 year olds here. They can't memorize EVERY rule (: That's why people remind them (:
But think of how many 7-10 year olds actually read this section? And the mods/admins correct them if they do something wrong.
Munchies is offline Female
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by januarywebkinz
I don't think it is an age thing, and I still don't get the logic of making multiple threads of something already said. If they don't follow the rules, then just flag their post, there does not need to be an entire thread relating to it.
Jake is offline Male
Closed