Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Reminder... Please respect the choices people make with their personal money

Hello. I could not find a thread about this exact topic, and I'm sorry if there already is one, as I'm about as anti-excessive reminder threads as anyone.

I saw a thread on here today on which multiple people frowned on those with lots of Webkinz. I've seen this on numerous occasions in the past and would just like to point out I don't think it's right. I personally do not have tons of Webkinz, but that is simply because I prefer to save my money and spend it on other things. It really disappoints me that WI members will openly put down what other people have chosen to do with their money. They say the other people should just give all of that money to homeless people. While giving to those in need is important, you have to remember that it is their money and they should get to choose what they do with it.

Maybe the person sells Webkinz at his/her real-life/online store and keeps some of the excess? Maybe that person does have a lot of money, but gives to those in need as well as buying Webkinz? Maybe that person's favorite hobby is collecting Webkinz? Maybe they receive their Webkinz as gifts and never actually personally buy them? Plus, who is to say these people don't also give money/time to those in need?

I really think that people should not be looked down upon for using their money to support their hobby...
crazysince95 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Reminder... Please respect the choices people make with their personal money

Really? I've never seen this. Well, good reminder anyhow
Old 10-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Gift Guru

californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Reminder... Please respect the choices people make with their personal money

I agree 100%! Good reminder
californiax24 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Gifted
crazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrazysince95 radiates beauty and kindness all around

View Post Originally Posted by hp1010
Really? I've never seen this. Well, good reminder anyhow
I would link to it, but I don't want people to start saying I was singling them out :p
crazysince95 is offline Male
Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
wish upon a
Banned
hp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonderhp1010 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
I would link to it, but I don't want people to start saying I was singling them out :p
Oh ok, i understand. Well this thread will stop this from happening in the future
Old 10-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Wow, you are right, you know. People can spend money how they want to... Some people may have better paying jobs, so they can put away more money for Webkinz. Also, collecting Webkinz is a hobby for people with... say 100 or more. Good Thread!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #7
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

I have not seen this upon the forum, but I do respect ones with multiple Webkinz, as I respect others with only one Webkinz, or no Webkinz. This site is for all Webkinz lovers, and to come together and be frowned upon is just not right. It is a Webkinz fan forum after all, and there should be no shame in saying how many Webkinz you truthfully have, or just not saying it at all is fine. BUT, there shall be no discouraging or being mean on this site. Report it to a moderator or adminstrator immediately. We all choose different ways on how to spend our money.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

I totally agree! (:
Awesome thread!
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I haven't seen this either, but I agree with you. It's not right to frown upon those who spend their money how they like then tell then to do x and y with it instead.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I would report something like that if I saw it because it amounts to a personal attack on someone except in a few cases. If someone was stating their own opinion that having that many was excessive or whatever {because the thread was basically asking about how many people have and what they think is too many, something like that} or in the case of estore, because how the money is spent there regardless of whose money it is does affect all of us that are on the ww site {in that it takes away research/work/tech time away from the site itself with all it's current ongoing problems and so forth}. I typed out one time, exactly, that I did feel it was a waste of money to spend at the estore {giving more details about what I just mentioned above as to why and so forth}, but even then that was only after I was asked point blank if I considered it a waste of money. I personally can't see having that many but I really don't think about how many other people have of the plushes one way or another. Sometimes I wonder to myself how much money it would add up to for some people that I do know who have gotten at least 1 of every plush, boxes and boxes of trading cards, accessories like charms and figurines and carriers and all that, but it's more a curiousity to me as a tech {what all does what to and in the site} and as an accountant basically.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Closed