Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #1

Default Reminder: No Spamming!

I have seen a lot of spamming lately, and this is not acceptable. It is written very clrealy in the Forum Rules, which is stated here:

Absolutely NOT: Things deemed to be totally unacceptable:

* Spam (including Chain Letters)

What to do:

If you see a post of spam please click the "Report Post" button found at the left hand side of a thread/post. Then fill out why you reported it, click send, and it goes all the way to a moderator.

What is Spam?

Spam is a post, comment, or thread that is written for no particular reason. Here are some example posts on what spamming might look like:

"Hi! Just wanted to post to test out my new siggy/avvie"
"I just love to post!"
"Random saying: pink grass is bad for a goat's hockey puck"
"Look at this smilie!"

You get the idea. But spamming could also be "advertising". Like posting something that says come to this or that thread. Here are some examples:

"Come check out my new profile"
(In someone else's Ge, Siggy shop, or Naming shop) "If you think that's cool, check out my ___ Shop!"
"I got a new signature!"

Those are spam stuff. If you get and/or see any of those, please report it or tell the member they are spamming.

Chain Letters:

Chain letters are time passers that consist of absolutely nothing. Here is an example of a Chain Letter:

"Forward this PM! This is the Halloween Chain Letter, please forward this so we can be safe. If you don't the curse of e-mails will be upon you!"

This is unacceptable, if you get one please report this and do not respond

What is not Spam

Some times you may see people post a "Have a nice weekend", "Get well", etc card on your profile. This is NOT spam. this is just a little Just so you Know letter to spread joy. Many members do this to buddies or Mods, just to wish them a hapy day. Don't fret if you get one, be happy that someone cares about you!

Hope this thread minimizes the amount of spam we have gotten!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
lucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud oflucky3900 has much to be proud of

Default Re: Reminder: No Spamming!

Thanks! I'm so glad you reminded us of this!! I got an email about my siggy and they switched the subject to their avvie and siggie shop! It was really random. Again thanks and rep! More people should see this.
lucky3900 is offline Female