Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: REMINDER: NO Bad Words! Even ones that get thru the system!

thanks for the reminder, ive seen a lot of those lately
none in pics for me though
there was a new memer who started a thread and they said a lot of bad things because they had lost a game in ww...lke replacing the "f" n the f-word with "ph" and it wasnt blocked out. i think the mods should block that re-spelling definitely, especially if a younger kid has been paying attention in phonics
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

KatLover is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a great thread. There are kids on this forum, and they do not need to know some of the owrds I see members posting.
I usually tell the person I see doing this to stop. I suggest you do the same.
Even if they miss spell the word to let it 'get through the system' it is not allowed.
You are not allowed to give hints to what that word is.
For example you can't say what the word ryhmes with, or play a game of hangman to guess the word.
It is best for everyone to just talk with a nice clean language.
KatLover is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #13
ymcmb<3

Nascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud ofNascargirl#8 has much to be proud of

i no...good thread to start up..reppie 2 u
Nascargirl#8 is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 PM   #14
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Thank you for the reminder. I would also like to add that a bad word in a picture is not allowed either. I've seen a few pictures with bad words pop up on them in the past few days.
I've seen that too. At one point I almost put on an avvie that had a questionable word on it.

---------- i love summer added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
I go by the filters. If they say it can go though, I use it. It's the mods decsion, not mine and if they say it can go though, I have no problem. If they didn't like it, they would block it.
yeah, but I once used a word that gets thru the filters w/o changing, but I got reported by a member, so I don't use it anymore.

Last edited by i love summer; 11-05-2008 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
i love summer is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
Call me Anna. :)

amrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clownamrgirl59 is cool as a bunny clown

thanks. it is a good reminder
amrgirl59 is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #16

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Thankfully I have not come across alot of posts where I have seen intentionally mispelled swears, but I have come across a number of the star/* swear replacement. And to be honest I have been and am surprise to see language like this at WI.

I realize that nothing is 100% pure. But I would think that at a site dedicated Webkinzworld, which is as wholesome of a site as could be, that people would automatically assume not to insuate/use foul language. It is a huge no no.

People should remember that swearing only illustrates bad taste and lack of judgement, the bottom line is these kinds of words are extremely offensive and no one has right using them at this kind of site. Especially when children are reading these posts. It is very poor rolemodeling.

If person feels the need to swear maybe they should write it and then before submitting it, change the swear into a more appropriate word, and then hit submit. Just a thoght...sometimes if you get it out than you feel better and are in a better position to either not submit or change it.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #17
my mom says im
Gifted

fuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the roughfuzzypenguin7 is a jewel in the rough

the WI website, automatically stars out words. Some people do it themselves, but the site automatically stars out words. Sometimes its a website.
fuzzypenguin7 is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #18
Hebrews 6:19
Gifted

i love summer knows the way
i love summer knows the wayi love summer knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Thankfully I have not come across alot of posts where I have seen intentionally mispelled swears, but I have come across a number of the star/* swear replacement. And to be honest I have been and am surprise to see language like this at WI.

I realize that nothing is 100% pure. But I would think that at a site dedicated Webkinzworld, which is as wholesome of a site as could be, that people would automatically assume not to insuate/use foul language. It is a huge no no.

People should remember that swearing only illustrates bad taste and lack of judgement, the bottom line is these kinds of words are extremely offensive and no one has right using them at this kind of site. Especially when children are reading these posts. It is very poor rolemodeling.

If person feels the need to swear maybe they should write it and then before submitting it, change the swear into a more appropriate word, and then hit submit. Just a thoght...sometimes if you get it out than you feel better and are in a better position to either not submit or change it.
thanks for your 2 cents! you made some good points! but, it's usually not the user putting in the stars. The filter on automaticlly stars out at least part of some swears.
i love summer is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
I'm finally a

gatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the roughgatorgirlchamps is a jewel in the rough

Thank you! This is such an important thread!!
gatorgirlchamps is offline Female
Old 11-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #20
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by i love summer
I
yeah, but I once used a word that gets thru the filters w/o changing, but I got reported by a member, so I don't use it anymore.
yes, but you weren't banned about it. I think it's fine unless the mods say something. IDK though.
Ivie is offline Female
Closed