Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 AM   #11
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Default Re: REMINDER: Don't make a thread just for the rep points!!

I think this is a great reminder! So many people just post threads for rep,if someone did a godd thing you should not be afraid to give rep,that isn't what I mean but it's easy to separate the well written-well meaning threads from the "rep-fishing" ones.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 AM   #12
moving on
Gift Guru

chaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to beholdchaotic is a splendid one to behold

how can you tell?
Maybe some people are trying to be helpful and get into the GE?
chaotic is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
.:.☆.:.
Gifted

Unicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to behold

I have a stupid question...what are reps for?? What good do they do?
Unicornz is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #14
Favorite wackyauntie
Gifted

AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness
AuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicnessAuntietoEW is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Unicornz
That is not a stupid question! I have the same one! How would someone know if the message was created for the "rep points"? As a new person to WI, I often see the "WI lingo" used in messages like this. It is confusing.

Most of the new people really want to find the information they need. It is an extra challenge for the members that are kids and the computer newbies. By the way, many kids are better on computers than the adults.

When I know the topic of my question, I go to that category on the site. Sometimes I don't know what category the question is. The last time I tried a search, I got 270 messages to look through. I looked through the first couple dozen and gave up. I suspect that some of the requests are from members who can not find the information that they need.

It may be annoying to some people that have seen the same questions dozens of times. It is great experience to know the questions and the answers. My request is that you think of ways to make the information clear and organized for the new members. That will hopefully cut down on the same questions being asked.

For example, what are the things that all new WI members need to know in their first week and first month? Direct them to those tips. Can this information be sent to all new WI members at different milestones (i.e. join date, 10 posts completed, 1 month anniversary, etc.)? With all this great experience, there must be ideas on how to make it better.

:ccat::rdr:
AuntietoEW is online now Female
Old 10-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #15
Webkinz :)

coolkid819 is an unknown quantity at this point

idont make thsoe but i will do ne of the tips
Old 10-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #16
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
I'd like to add something to that, but the opposite. I've seen a lot of threads offering points to anyone who replies. I don't think it's a big deal, but I hate to respond to those because I feel like I'm asking for it.
its actually against WI rules to offer rep to people for posting on your thread or to answer your question. now if you just give them rep for posting or answering a question that absolutely fine. hope this helps and thanks for the reminder

---------- ajoysmom added 7 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

the only stupid question is the question unasked.

rep points = reputation points, are a way to say thank you to someone for helping you out, answering your question or sometimes for making you laugh. rep is very good, it lets you tell someone you appreciate that they took the time to help.

if you look under someones avvie you will see a red flag, a thumbs up, a person, and a male or female symbol. well the last one explains itself it lets you know the gender of the member. the person tells you if the member is online or not (color=online) red flag for you to let the WI staff know if a thread or post is breaking the rules and the thumbs up is for rep. just click it and a box will pop up and you can type a thank you or leave it blank and then click "add to rep". i hope this answers you question

Last edited by ajoysmom; 10-20-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ajoysmom is offline Female
Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
call me Ashley. [=
Gifted

FunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud ofFunnyHoney has much to be proud of

I have never seen a thread like this before. Can you post an example of how people would do this?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #18
.:.☆.:.
Gifted

Unicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to beholdUnicornz is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by ajoysmom

the only stupid question is the question unasked.

rep points = reputation points, are a way to say thank you to someone for helping you out, answering your question or sometimes for making you laugh. rep is very good, it lets you tell someone you appreciate that they took the time to help.

if you look under someones avvie you will see a red flag, a thumbs up, a person, and a male or female symbol. well the last one explains itself it lets you know the gender of the member. the person tells you if the member is online or not (color=online) red flag for you to let the WI staff know if a thread or post is breaking the rules and the thumbs up is for rep. just click it and a box will pop up and you can type a thank you or leave it blank and then click "add to rep". i hope this answers you question
Ok! Thanks! I'm giving you a rep!
Unicornz is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #19
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by funnyhoney
I have never seen a thread like this before. Can you post an example of how people would do this?
I don't want to point fingers.... but I've seen guides that will say 'You can give me rep points if you want!'.
Or 200 'How to make good posts' guides that all say the same thing.
Livi is offline Female
Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 PM   #20
Deadly WHONK jg1976
Gift Guru

ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!ajoysmom is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Ok! Thanks! I'm giving you a rep!
thanks for the rep, its much appreciated . you didnt have to tho i was just trying to be helpful. if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask me. if i dont know the answer ill try to find it for you
ajoysmom is offline Female
Closed