Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Wink A reminder to All members: Expect different opinions.

Hi everyone. (:
I want to say something that's been bugging me a bit for awhile now. I see a lot of threads with people suggesting new things or posting their opinion on something. If you do this, please except both agreement, AND disagreement. I think some people think everyone will agree with them.. And that won't happen. I always get a little upset when people get mad at someone for posting their opinion on the situation, and I have seen this happen.
This is what I'm talking about:

Person One:
Hi, guys! I thought it'd be cool to have instant messaging on here. Tell me what you think!

Person Two:
Hi there.
I think since we have PM's, we don't really need them. Sorry!

Person One:
Okay. I just thought it was a good idea...

That's never happened. It's just an example.
The person really doesn't have the right to be mad or dissapointed because someone disagrees.. If you're allowed to like it, you should be allowed to dislike it.
But, that being said, if you don't like it or don't agree, please try your hardest to say it in a nice way! If not, the person DOES have the right to be upset or angry.

The wrong way to say it:
omg that's stupid. no offence but who would even want that??

The right way to say it:
Hm, I personally don't think that's really necessary.
Because...... (explain xD)

So, what I'm trying to say is:
If you make a thread where people can post their opinions, expect different opinions and don't expect everyone to agree with you. because chances are, not everyone will. (:
And if you are the disagree-er, tell them politely, not rudely.

- Candice

Last edited by [xo] Pop-Tart; 09-15-2009 at 05:51 PM..
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Re: A reminder to All members: Except different opinions.

I agree, candice! I think you're right, you have to accept both sides of the arguments.

Last edited by tarsky781; 09-15-2009 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: wording
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: A reminder to All members: Expect different opinions.

Very good thread! An opinion can't be proved right or wrong; which is why we all need to respect each other's thoughts, feelings and opinions. Who wants their feelings being hurt by someone who says something rude and inconsiderate, referring to somebody else's thoughts? We all really need to try and respect each other's ideas instead of putting them down and making others feel bad.

~Lys
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

That is right.

Do not post a thread on here if you are not ready to hear different opinions than your own.!!

And something I learned that is important........

Two things can be true at the same time!!!!!!!!!

Your idea and mine!
rockermom is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

Good thread, Candice
You're right. If you post a thread about something, be prepared for people to disagree. It's how life is, people agree and people disagree. Don't be hurt, or offended if someone has a different opinion. It's how it is. If that person states their opinion rudely, then report it. But if a member states their opinion respectfully, then just take their critizism to heart
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Thanks for your replies, everyone!
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

I completely agree with you! This is how fights are started. Whenever I disagree with suggestions, I just say it as nicely as possible because I don't want to hurt the person's feelings.

Learning to accept people's opinion is an important thing here on Webkinz Insider! We don't have to all agree with something. I agree with you on the part that if we're allowed to agree with something, we're allowed to disagree with something.

Great thread idea!
AsH xO is offline Female
Old 09-15-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Excellent point, seems to be a good idea to remind people everyone has a different opinions. Thanks for thread. Have a great evening.
Babs is offline Female
Old 09-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #9
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

Great thread! I agree 100%!

First of all,when you open a thread here,your going to have to expect some people not to disagree. It sounds a little bit babyish to be like "But this is such a great idea,I can't believe you don't agree. . . . " When some one doesn't agree,just say "Okay,thanks for the opinion! " And move on. I mean,an opinion is like,if someone is asking you if you like cheese. Like someone else said on here,theirs no right or wrong answer.

But,that doesn't mean you can say something like "Omg dats the stupidest idea EVER!!!!!" If you don't like the idea but want to say something,you can just say "Sorry,I don't like this idea. . . . "

Rep if I can give you any!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
jasmyn112952
Gift Guru

Jasmyn1129 is a name known to allJasmyn1129 is a name known to allJasmyn1129 is a name known to all

Donation Award 

I am with you Candice. In order to give criticism you have to be able to take it.
Jasmyn1129 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cheese!