Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: Reminder about Links

View Post Originally Posted by Blythe
Thank you for this lovely reminder!
I've seen this happening a lot lately as well.
You may also advertise off-site links in "your homepage" (one of the options that comes up when someone clicks your username).
And of course, off site links must be WI appropriate as well.
Thanks for posting!
Its always great to remind people of this rule.

I wanted to add to this.
Like the others said, its okay for onsite links.
However, it is always nice and forum rule not to spam of any sort.
So even advertising your house thread on every post can be ruled as spam and isn't allowed.
But posting links to your friends is allowed.
They are your friends after all and would LOVE to see your hard work.
But again, if you really want them to see your house thread, its probably not a good idea to VM them back every day asking them to visit.

I just wanted to add that little note.
Its perfectly fine to VM your friends on-site links or post links in threads of the same topic.
Really? I always thought you were not allowed to post links to people's profiles unless they asked for it (if on a VM list, that is OK). As it is "advertising" and you could just add a link to your siggie instead...
mickey26 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

From what I've seen here on WI, people have left VM links to their house threads, birthday threads, club invites, etc., and that seems to have been allowed. I think as long as they don't keep pestering people about it, if that person chooses not to respond, then it's not really an issue.
I could be wrong though.

Last edited by Desty; 01-05-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #23
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Really? I always thought you were not allowed to post links to people's profiles unless they asked for it (if on a VM list, that is OK). As it is "advertising" and you could just add a link to your siggie instead...
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is a definite rule on this.
The posting of links falls under many rules, but posting links on another profile does not have its own rule.
I don't think its considered advertising if the link is in a VM/PM or in your signature.
Those are the only places posting unrelated links are okay.
However, when posting links on profile you'll want to make sure you aren't harassing anyone.
Such as posting "VISIT MY HOUSE THREAD> NOW!!!!" every single day.
It then turns into spam and lots of other things.
And if someone doesn't like VMs you should honor that and not post a link.

So I don't believe its against the rules.
Its more or less the way you go about posting them that is against the rules.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #24
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Since I am totally confused right now , I am going to flag my above post and get some confirmation on this.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #25
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Since I am totally confused right now , I am going to flag my above post and get some confirmation on this.
I'm glad you did!
I would LOVE an answer on this as well.
Its an incredibly complicated topic.

But what I meant was I feel like posting "HELLO PLEASE VISIT MY HOUSE THREAD." Or "I SEE YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH JOE... COME WISH HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY" isn't against the rules.
But posting something like... "HELLO PLEASE VISIT MY HOUSE THREAD." then posting again "PLEASE COMMENT!" Then posting again another say "PLEASE VISIT MY HOUSE THREAD." Like repeatedly posting the same link is against the rules because it would be considered spam and is a little bit rude if you're not interested in the House Thread.
If that makes more sense.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Sometimes, I think that things may fall into a category of 'it's not a problem until it's a problem'. lol
Again, I could be wrong. xD
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
Wondering..
Gifted

SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine
SoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshineSoccerPlayer06 is a ray of sunshine

I totally agree. I think I've seen a certain website in tags in at least 7 or 8 WNTM threads, which is not allowed. And, people post links on their profiles. I understand if, like with the Googles Club, there is another website for that club. But, for people to be just posting links to random websites is not allowed. I agree with MeWuvKitties on this as well, if you see a link on a post or in a tag, report it/red flag it so that a moderator can remove it.
SoccerPlayer06 is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

That's true. (:
But if you mention a site when you're talking to someone and they're like, "What's that?" You could give them the link on their profile. Correct?
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #29
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
That's true. (:
But if you mention a site when you're talking to someone and they're like, "What's that?" You could give them the link on their profile. Correct?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #30

cbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome
cbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesomecbjhockey has been accepted into the Academy of Awesome

It is best is when VMing or PMing a link the person has asked for it. If not you risk being reported for spam.

I think that if you want to PM friends of a birthday person that you have made a post for it is probably okay within reason.

For the most part, if in doubt, then just don't do it. Better safe than spam.
cbjhockey is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bedroom hymns, i have a dream ♥, jellydonut!, jesus loves you!