Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Remember Saying "No Offense" doesn't make your statement non-offensive

Ya when its personal stuff their posting then saying no offense but could be a good thing
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
Webkinz :)

skyranch is a glorious beacon of lightskyranch is a glorious beacon of lightskyranch is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Remember Saying "No Offense" doesn't make your statement non-offensive

Thanks for reminding us!!!!!
skyranch is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #13
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
It doesn't necessarily mean that a member who says that is trying to be rude or mean.
View Post Originally Posted by gabbyz2
Yes. but your still being mean to another member by hurting their feelings. That is being rude/mean.
Well, yes, but sometimes you're just being honest. Like if you said "No offence, but I don't think that the fur looks great with the background..." wouldn't necessarily be mean or rude. Sometimes, the person is really trying to mean no offence. They might just being something that someone might find offensive, although they aren't trying to be mean or rude.
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
WhiteTerrierFan

No offense usually means that someone knows that what they are saying could be offensive, and often times it is, no offense just adds to the offense. It certainly does not take it away. This is a great point that really needs to be said. REP to you. (:
Old 02-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #15

racersi is on a distinguished road

i agree your so right. and if u read my siggie thing it says if u dont have anything to say dont say anything at all. everybody should fallow that rule.
racersi is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great thread.
You're right, whenever someone says 'No Offense' it usually means that they think they can say anything if they just say 'No Offense'. Often, it just adds to the offense, if you don't want to offend someone don't say anything! Or just compliment what you like about whatever it is. Besides, are you going to gain anything from saying that? Are they going to gain anything from you saying that? Most likely, No. So, don't do it, it causes trouble.

[Despite the PS, I am giving you rep. Well deserved. ]
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #17
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by gabbyz2
For example say I drew a Magical Retriever and you didn't like it and you said " No offense, but I think it looks hideous. Your a bad drawer."
Just because you say "No Offense" doesn't make the statement non-offensive. It upsets the person who thought this was a really good piece of art, a really good idea, a good rumor, etc. If you do not really like there artwork than you have 2 options.

1. Don't say anything. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it.

2. Use constructive critism. Constrauctive critism doesn't offend the person it just gives some suggestions to be added. Here is an example of constructive critism...

"You did a pretty nice job! I suggest that you make the eyes a little darker and the fur a little lighter though. Other than that is a nice drawing!"

That way you do not hurt someone's feelings. So instead of just saying mean things and then saying "No Offense" use tose top 2 options I underlined above. Thanks for reading!

P.S. I'm not a rep hog so please you don't have to rep me at all for this. Just wanted to show that if you don't like something don't say " No Offense" and then mean things about it. If you don't like it or agree with it then say nothing or just use constrauctive critism that way nobody's feelings will get hurt.
I agree. Saying no offense still makes things rude. For example lets say someone posted their webkinz house and one person comments saying "WoW. Your house is ugly;no offense" doesent make it any less rude. Constructive Criticism is "I think you should make the floor pink but otherwise i love that room"

Rep for you!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
But is "No offense, but I don't think you're allowed to post your school name......" rude or mean? It kinda depends, I guess.
That is not being rude.

The examples of using "No Offense" I posted in the first post are rude. It does depend on how you use "No Offense." If you use it in the way you just showed as an example above it is not being rude. But if you say something like this " No Offense but that Webkinz Polar Bear you drew looks like a big banana." then that is being rude.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #19
e all love our

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

very true, it can still be hurtful! "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
♥peep♥
[rep]
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #20
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Glad you understand!
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Closed