Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: Remember that nothing is private.

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
Colleges literally search your name on the internet and search for what you have post?
I know they will search your name. Maybe not exactly WI, but social sites such as facebook, twitter, etc.
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #22
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by ratgirl57
Colleges literally search your name on the internet and search for what you have post?
Oh yes Think about it -- if you're an employer, would you want to hire someone who is rude, inappropriate and inconsiderate on the internet? Would you want to hire someone who is a predator? They only search you to find out things you hide from them.

I just wanted to add:

Even if you delete something you've posted on the internet, it will always be there, no matter what. Just a few days ago a couple of girls in my state have been charged for felony after they were cyber bullying someone on Facebook. They spent a day in jail and are yet to go to court and they're only about the age of 13. They didn't think they would get in trouble because they deleted their posts. But whatever you put out there will be there for a long time. Once you post it, it's saved in the archives so if anyone official needs to, they will find what you posted. So if you post personal information on WI and a mod deletes it so most members can't see it, anyone still has access to it. Be careful.

Last edited by Baby_G; 05-16-2011 at 09:24 PM..
Old 05-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #23
Gifted
Billy1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguise
Billy1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguiseBilly1920 is Justin in disguise

Thanks for the reminder but I'm more then sure colleges can't just let someone in because they posted one bad thing on the internet. Also, I'm 99.9% sure, they only look at your school file, not the internet.
Billy1920 is offline Male
Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #24
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

Yup, although I hope the government doesn't have any issues with WI
I just read a book called brain jack, and basically the theme of the book is that nothing is safe on the internet
good timing
000000005 is offline Male
Old 05-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #25
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Billy1920
Thanks for the reminder but I'm more then sure colleges can't just let someone in because they posted one bad thing on the internet. Also, I'm 99.9% sure, they only look at your school file, not the internet.
Actually, they DO check the internet -
several Admissions Offices have hired people whose sole job is to search the internet, esp. facebook, etc, for prospective student posts. Sometimes things attributed to you on your friends' pages may not be helpful to you.
Even posted pictures can affect your future.

In addition to site archives, old posts may also exist in trawler files.

Remember - it's a big world and not everyone share's our values.
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #26
Gift Guru

Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

The business I worked for archived all emails for 5 years. Many people use their work computers for private email, shopping etc. They do not realize that companies are starting to use these things to see how much time you are NOT working while you are being paid. In addition I have read articles about people being fired for forwarding things that were deemed to be inappropriate. Kids are being arrested for threats posted on facebook and other social sites because they are bullying or threatening others. Your emails on places like AOL and PMs on websites can always be accessed by administrators and techs were necessary. The internet is a great thing but privacy is not something you should ever assume. Its really pretty simple, THINK before you post anything and remember that deleting it doesn't truly make it disappear.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #27
#1Michael Landon fan

#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent#1NFL FAN has lots of talent

If u don't post anything bad, u don't have u worry bout it on here !
#1NFL FAN is offline Female
Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #28
Diabetes Awareness

akpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonder

Thanks for Reminder.
akpanfol11 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
Diabetes Awareness

hooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundhooray101 radiates beauty and kindness all around

This is such a great reminder Price! People need to stay safe because you're absolutely correct, nothing is private. Other members might not be able to see your PMs, but that doesn't mean that you are the only one that can. Thank you, and again, this is a very good reminder.
hooray101 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #30

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

Thanks for the reminder!
I know that, but I never really think about it too much unless you know, something like this might happen from time to time. (:
Closed

Tags
adventure time!!!, justin bieber was here, megan wuz here, mischeif managed, sesame street, tigerdove, you are beautiful!, you are beautiful(: