Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Remember to check the guides before you ask a question!

Most of the time I see people asking questions, and if you go into the Guides and How To's section, the answer is in a thread that is stickied and easy to find. It would cut back on a lot of unneeded threads if everyone remember to do this.
A lot of people work very hard on these guides and it's important not to let them go to waste.
I hope everyone will remember this! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
I'm a deep sea
Webkinz :)

S.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with graceS.O.S.Star wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Re: Remember to check the guides before you ask a question!

Yes! I agree with you completely! For some things I know are in the FAQ I answer there question, but then I am like "Please check the FAQ for any more questions or feel free to PM or VM me"
I think there would be a lot less questions if more members did this. Great thread WhiteTerrierFan!
--Star

Last edited by S.O.S.Star; 04-11-2009 at 04:51 PM..
S.O.S.Star is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Good point! I've noticed that too. It seems mostly about either things that are easily answered in any of the guides, or about somethg in the FAQ. It sometimes seems like some people don't actually read it when they first started. The answer was essentially in either the rules or FAQ, fairly easy to find There definitely would be fewer problems in the "Somebody Help" section! Thanks again White Terrier! Have a fantastical day!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I agree...and most of the time, the people who post in the thread just give a link to the guide!
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
Most of the time I see people asking questions, and if you go into the Guides and How To's section, the answer is in a thread that is stickied and easy to find. It would cut back on a lot of unneeded threads if everyone remember to do this.
A lot of people work very hard on these guides and it's important not to let them go to waste.
I hope everyone will remember this! Thanks.
I agree! And once you find the thread,that helps you say something like "Thanks for helping me! "

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
I agree...and most of the time, the people who post in the thread just give a link to the guide!
Your right too. Usually when someone asks how to change there profile background from that blue,people just reply saying "Here's a link to a guide that will help you (insert link here)"

White Terrier Fan-I'd love to give you rep, but I have to spread some around!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
hat?! Im a
Gift Guru

ilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledgeilikecoke111 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I know!! BTW, luv ur sig!
ilikecoke111 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

I agree with you, WhiteTerrierFan! The guides are there to help you, not be ignored!
However, many new members probably wouldn't know where to find the guides or how to get there, so I believe that it's okay for them to ask questions, or ask for a link to the guide. Rep for you

♥Lissy

Oops, sorry I have to spread it around first!
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #8

Immie is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

I agree it must be a bit of a hassle, however I just want to make sure that we do not overlook all the new people coming on here on a daily basis and not to mention people who are like me and are new to forums and are still having a hard time finding exactly where to find the info we are looking for and where to post..lol .
I know for me personally after 3 months, I am still having problems finding where or how to post, what is a thread etc.. I know that 99% percent of the time I am right, but it is hard sometimes to know for sure if you are posting in the right spot when it all looks so complicated or when you want to quickly know something.

I am sorry though if at times I have asked a question that has been discussed previously or I should have posted it elsewhere, or if I did not look it up the right way. It really is overwhelming these forums to many of us for different reasons.

So please bear with me and any others like me, we will get the hang of it and I know I will try harder to make sure I look around.

Happy Easter Weeknd Everyone!

Warm Regards,
Immie
Immie is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
WhiteTerrierFan

View Post Originally Posted by Immie
Hi Everyone,

I agree it must be a bit of a hassle, however I just want to make sure that we do not overlook all the new people coming on here on a daily basis and not to mention people who are like me and are new to forums and are still having a hard time finding exactly where to find the info we are looking for and where to post..lol .
I know for me personally after 3 months, I am still having problems finding where or how to post, what is a thread etc.. I know that 99% percent of the time I am right, but it is hard sometimes to know for sure if you are posting in the right spot when it all looks so complicated or when you want to quickly know something.

I am sorry though if at times I have asked a question that has been discussed previously or I should have posted it elsewhere, or if I did not look it up the right way. It really is overwhelming these forums to many of us for different reasons.

So please bear with me and any others like me, we will get the hang of it and I know I will try harder to make sure I look around.

Happy Easter Weeknd Everyone!

Warm Regards,
Immie
I agree with you on that for the most part, but people shouldn't post threads like that if they already know how to get to the guide section and find it themselves.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #10
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I agree WhiteT -
Unless a guide confuses them, or a stickied thread and they just need to know one thing, and if you can't find it, or it all confuses you, then you could make a thread. [That's what I did with WI Bucks, read the guide, confused me, made a thread about 2 ?'s I had, got them answered, not confused anymore. ]

Sorry if that was confusing..I tried, LOL

Sydney
smvmonkey is offline Female
Closed