Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #31
soteeny1 is a
Gift Guru
 
TeenieKinz's Avatar
TeenieKinz is just really niceTeenieKinz is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

I agree with the better safe than sorry. But like you said they might befriend you and ask for info Which you should never give out. But without that info there is no way they could pay someone to find out where you live by your picture alone. even if they know your state it would still be impossible, so as an adult i think you shoud b able to post your pics. I have a myspace just like almost everyone else which has my pic on it, and unlsess you are stupid enough to go meet someone you met online or give them your personal info your are safe

Last edited by TeenieKinz; 02-24-2009 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: editing
TeenieKinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #32
hat's wrong with
Webkinz :)
 
SomeoneSpecial's Avatar
SomeoneSpecial is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

Wonderful reminder! Rep!

TeenieKinz: You can give out personal info by just a picture. People can go to websites and upload your picture and find your information, They can search you. It is VERY dangerous to put out any personal info on the web.
SomeoneSpecial is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #33
soteeny1 is a
Gift Guru
 
TeenieKinz's Avatar
TeenieKinz is just really niceTeenieKinz is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

you cannot just upload a pic and find out personal info, sorry. Maybe the fbi or cia can but noone else
TeenieKinz is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #34
no
Webkinz :)
 
badena2's Avatar
badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Cool Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

View Post Originally Posted by SOSO910
I was recently browsing through some people's albums, then I saw there was pictures of themselves there too. Please do not post pictures of yourself ANYWHERE on WI. This includes profiles, avatars, etc. We want our fellow members to be safe on WI, so please do not post any pictures of yourself. Thank you for reading, and post what you think.
That is is so true! Also, along with pictures you shouldn't post your name or any personal information at all on this site. Actually, you shouldn't anywhere.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #35
soteeny1 is a
Gift Guru
 
TeenieKinz's Avatar
TeenieKinz is just really niceTeenieKinz is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

plus dont most people have a myspace page or a facebook page with their pics on it? and unless you would go meet someone you met online(which is where the real danger is) or give you personal info so thy can meet/find you. you are safe

---------- TeenieKinz added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

And i do agree that maybe on a site like this with so may children that pics should not be allowed, at least if u r under 18

Last edited by TeenieKinz; 02-24-2009 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TeenieKinz is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #36
Gift Guru
 
TexasGirl8's Avatar
TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

View Post Originally Posted by TeenieKinz
i am wonderin why it is sooo dangerous. A pic of yourself doesnt give any info about things like where you live or phone number or anything like that. And if you are an adult shouldnt it be ok?

---------- TeenieKinz added 7 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

it is almost impossible to find someone by a pic alone. you have to have other info as well

Hi Teeniekinz,

As harmless as posting a picture sounds, you do give out other info every day. I am going to use a teenage girl as an example

Okay so you are a teenage girl and you are talking to your real life BFF and she calls you by your real life name, Jessica. You also say something to your BFF about "I hate middle school. Wish we were in high school." One day you post a pic of yourself. Nobody sees it so it doesn't get reported. You go to a poll titled "What color hair do you have?" you say blonde. While chatting on the DCT, you are asked what your favorite number is. You say #3 because that is your number on your volleyball team. You also add that your team are the state champs. Durring the football season you have a UT avvie. Someone asks why you like UT so much. You tell them it is because you live in TX. Now, let's say that a predator comes on WI, and sees your picture. They copy it to thier computer. Next they go and see all those posts. All they have to do, is google "Texas middle school volley ball state champs of 2008" and look at the articles about it. It will probably include a picture of the team members, and what town and school they are from. Now all they have to do, is find they girl with blonde hair named Jessica that is #3 on that volley ball team, go to your school and follow you home, throw a bag over your head, toss you in the trunk, and wala. You're kidnapped.

See what I mean? You may not know it but you are always giving out small, harmless bits of information, but with a photo, you'll be easy to find.

Tex
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #37
soteeny1 is a
Gift Guru
 
TeenieKinz's Avatar
TeenieKinz is just really niceTeenieKinz is just really nice

Donation Award 
Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

i do get what you are saying, but that is why i said noone uner 18 should put up a pick. "I hate middle school. Wish we were in high school."

---------- TeenieKinz added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

also dont say things like what state you live in "Someone asks why you like UT so much. You tell them it is because you live in TX."

---------- TeenieKinz added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

like your username shouldnt be allowed then because it gives away that you might live in texas

Last edited by TeenieKinz; 02-24-2009 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TeenieKinz is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #38
faeriespixiedust
Webkinz :)
 
LIL PIXIE's Avatar
LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
Hi Teeniekinz,

As harmless as posting a picture sounds, you do give out other info every day. I am going to use a teenage girl as an example

Okay so you are a teenage girl and you are talking to your real life BFF and she calls you by your real life name, Jessica. You also say something to your BFF about "I hate middle school. Wish we were in high school." One day you post a pic of yourself. Nobody sees it so it doesn't get reported. You go to a poll titled "What color hair do you have?" you say blonde. While chatting on the DCT, you are asked what your favorite number is. You say #3 because that is your number on your volleyball team. You also add that your team are the state champs. Durring the football season you have a UT avvie. Someone asks why you like UT so much. You tell them it is because you live in TX. Now, let's say that a predator comes on WI, and sees your picture. They copy it to thier computer. Next they go and see all those posts. All they have to do, is google "Texas middle school volley ball state champs of 2008" and look at the articles about it. It will probably include a picture of the team members, and what town and school they are from. Now all they have to do, is find they girl with blonde hair named Jessica that is #3 on that volley ball team, go to your school and follow you home, throw a bag over your head, toss you in the trunk, and wala. You're kidnapped.

See what I mean? You may not know it but you are always giving out small, harmless bits of information, but with a photo, you'll be easy to find.

Tex
I was going to put it that way before but, just the thought of someone doing that creep's me out. Though I do know, that is what happens sometimes. Great point! Rep for you! I just hope everyone on WI understands that there are children on this site. We just want to keep everyone safe, especially the children.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #39
Gift Guru
 
TexasGirl8's Avatar
TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

View Post Originally Posted by TeenieKinz
i do get what you are saying, but that is why i said noone uner 18 should put up a pick. "I hate middle school. Wish we were in high school."

---------- TeenieKinz added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

also dont say things like what state you live in "Someone asks why you like UT so much. You tell them it is because you live in TX."

---------- TeenieKinz added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

like your username shouldnt be allowed then because it gives away that you might live in texas
No, you are not seeing the point.

You were saying that they would need other info, and we give it out. Every day. This info is fairly harmless, but with a picture of you, they can find you in a snap.

I just used a teen as my example but a predator could easily do the same thing to an adult.

I don't live in Texas, I live FAR from Texas xD I live in Ohio
You are aloud to say what state you live in on WI

---------- TexasGirl8 added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by LIL PIXIE
I was going to put it that way before but, just the thought of someone doing that creep's me out. Though I do know, that is what happens sometimes. Great point! Rep for you! I just hope everyone on WI understands that there are children on this site. We just want to keep everyone safe, especially the children.
Great minds think alike! Doesn't it? Like you said, it does happen though and we all need to respect the fact that there ARE predators out there and we need to make sure we are safe. Thanks for the rep

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 02-24-2009 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 02-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #40
faeriespixiedust
Webkinz :)
 
LIL PIXIE's Avatar
LIL PIXIE will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Remember about Album pictures please...

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
No, you are not seeing the point.

You were saying that they would need other info, and we give it out. Every day. This info is fairly harmless, but with a picture of you, they can find you in a snap.

I just used a teen as my example but a predator could easily do the same thing to an adult.

I don't live in Texas, I live FAR from Texas xD I live in Ohio
You are aloud to say what state you live in on WI

---------- TexasGirl8 added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------



Great minds think alike! Doesn't it? Like you said, it does happen though and we all need to respect the fact that there ARE predators out there and we need to make sure we are safe. Thanks for the rep
Awww...Your welcome. I feel very strongly about safety. And I feel that WI is one of the safest websites out there. In this day and age we can't even go to bed at night because of all the crazy people out there. I'm just glad that you put it into a perfect prespective of how easy it is for someone to find another person If they want too. Thank you.
LIL PIXIE is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts