Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

gigiluvr25 is a jewel in the roughgigiluvr25 is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Remeber who is at the other end of the computer....

I totally agree!
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
gigiluvr25 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #52

gigiluvr25 is a jewel in the roughgigiluvr25 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I agree, it's okay to say that you dislike a celebrity, but you definitely should not go around saying bad things about them. For example,

1- I hate Miley Cyrus, she can't sing and she's so ugly!!!
2- I don't like Miley Cyrus, I prefer other types of music.

2 is obviously the one that would be okay to use, while 1 may offend a lot of people and should not be used. Everyone should think before they post anything that may be hurtful to others. REP to you!
I agree, but for option 2, it sounds more polite if you say," I don't care for Miley Cyrus, I prefer other types of music." Then it does not sound like you are trying to be mean at all!
gigiluvr25 is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #53
Graphic Making
Gift Guru

tinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talenttinkrulz has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by WhiteTerrierFan
I agree, it's okay to say that you dislike a celebrity, but you definitely should not go around saying bad things about them. For example,

1- I hate Miley Cyrus, she can't sing and she's so ugly!!!
2- I don't like Miley Cyrus, I prefer other types of music.

2 is obviously the one that would be okay to use, while 1 may offend a lot of people and should not be used. Everyone should think before they post anything that may be hurtful to others. REP to you!

I agree with you! I think that the 2 way is a much nicer way to express your feelings.
tinkrulz is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #54
angieturtle
Gift Guru

angieturtle will become famous soon enough

I like Miley Cyrus, but personally i don't think she's the best role model out there. She's waay better than some other people, though, and i think she's a great entertainer!!!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #55
Jamie iz Cool

Ok, I will remember that.
I am a new member, and I don't want to get off to a bad start with WI!
Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #56
Mightystar159

Mightystar159 is a glorious beacon of lightMightystar159 is a glorious beacon of lightMightystar159 is a glorious beacon of light

Great Point, I will try to Never Do that.
Mightystar159 is offline Female
Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #57
equinegurl

equinegurl is an unknown quantity at this point

What a great thread Mini! I think the same goes for conversations with members. If you don't like something-either say it polietly or just drop the topic and don't say it at all. I love reading through everyone's posts on this thread...you really did make a very good point! Thanks, EG

PS. Make way for another Rep! Congrats and good job!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #58
bekahluvsjesus(:

bekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guidebekah_rose is a golden guide

Great thread! I don't really get upset or cry about someones opinion though. It's not like they are saying it about you! But still, we should be nicer!!
bekah_rose is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #59
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
Hello!, I know I have made thread similar but no one ever seems to see my point....
Ya,know all the Miley haters....well think of how you would feel if your fav celeb was being called a horrrible rolemodel? That would make you mad right? Defeinetly....so think of her fans becuase with someother celeb you might LOVE gets bashed like that and you defend them but nothin ever seems to work. And it's not just with Miley cyrus...I've seen Fall out boy, Panic at the disco,and lotsa other celebs being bashed to. I mean seriously I have cryed becuase of somethings said here.

-thanks
~mm
I'm very sorry that things said here hurt your feeling to the point you cried. I want you to know that regardless of what people say, stay true to your heart, in life you'll find that everyone has different tastes and interests. It's what makes life interesting right..if it were all the same it'd be pretty boring. I remember where you are right now...a few years back, for me it was really hurtful when someone said negative stuff about things I liked. The important thing to remember is not to get argumentative about opinions. Try to let it roll off your skin for now and stay true to you.
If someone says something in a way that it's hurtful to you - say so! Say something like; I realize you can have a different opinion but you really hurt my feelings the way you express them to me.

Big hugs - hope you feel better about it soon.

And, remember, if it's rude - you should report it. People can say they don't agree but they should be able to say it nicely and tastefully.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #60
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I know you may be refering to me and let me state again: Saying that someone is not a good rolemodel is OK, If it is done in such a way as it is not rude. Sayin "Miley is SUCH a bad role model! She stinks!" isn't ok, but "Wel, after she took those pictures, I don't really think she is>" SI ok. Sometimes people misinterpeted things that aren't rude at all. Also, if anyone said my favorite singers were bad role models I'd probably agree. You don't have to love EVERYTHING about someone.
Ivie is offline Female
Closed