Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #21
Gifted

murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Default Re: Remeber, this is a WEBKINZ website!!

View Post Originally Posted by Love, Jane.
Not that we shouldn't be kind and keep it PG, but...honestly, I doubt there's anyone under the age of eight or nine on here. Maybe even older. First off, you can't even join unless you are over 13 or have your parents permission. Permission means that your parents have looked over the website and approve of it. If they give permission without even checking, then, well, who's fault is that?

In addition, most of the members of this site are here for the socializing -- NOT just Webkinz. I know that I don't even buy Webkinz anymore, but I love this site because of all the people. So I don't think that we should only talk about Webkinz, and I'm going to continue responding to threads about bands, and clothes, and everything that I like.
Yes, you can join if you are under 13.
murphy20071 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #22
uvs Tug her horse
Webkinz :)

browndoglover12 is a splendid one to beholdbrowndoglover12 is a splendid one to beholdbrowndoglover12 is a splendid one to beholdbrowndoglover12 is a splendid one to behold

*post removed*

Please do not post your age or grade. --FIA

Last edited by FIA; 12-11-2009 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: ,
browndoglover12 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #23
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

i agree. but it doesn't hurt to once in a while talk about non webkinz related things. but otherwise, yeah. i have seen some inappropriate avvies for little kids.

thanks for bringing this up

-pup5115
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #24
Call me Nathy.

webkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contest
webkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contestwebkinzrule2 could win a popularity contest

Alright. I'm sorry. I'm obsessed with a lot of things, but Webkinz is on the "Can't live without" list! I'll talk Webkinz from now on.
webkinzrule2 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 08:52 PM   #25
Melody is my
Banned
Sgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I doubt a six year old could read and write well enough to take in all the info on this site. I don't think a child that age should be on any internet forum at all, sorry. As far as I've read here, the mods do a terrific job with editing inappropriate things. Even so, parents have the responsibility to monitor their kids when they are online. There are many teens and adults here. We all have a common interest in Webkinz, but a small child should not be online without a parent's help.
View Post Originally Posted by CanesFan
Well, yes, this IS a Webkinz site, and over 75% of the threads ARE Webkinz related, but we have the Open Mike section for a reason. It is so people have other things to talk about, find more ways to make friends, find similarities, etc. This site is working great, and I don't think anything should be changed.

Oh, and if someone has an inappropriate avatar, let an Admin know.
View Post Originally Posted by panda886
I kind of agree with you. The parts I agree with you are: the inappropriateness of avatars and siggies for younger children.

Why do I say that? I have seen some avatars that frighten me a tad (and I'm way older than a 6 year old), and most of my little cousins would be scared by them.

I don't agree with you about that we should only post about Webkinz. There are sections for posting about Webkinz, and then there are sections that can be totally unrelated to Webkinz or only partially related, like the polls, open mike, games, and some of the contests.
View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Well, I kinda agree with you. You do have a very good point. I just think we should be able to post other things other than webkinz, so there is a variety.
View Post Originally Posted by aibowers
I agree with you. There is way too much "teen" stuff on here lately. There are ALL age groups here on the forum. I have stopped visiting as much as I used to because of all the "teen" chitchat and behavior.
Yes, there are areas, for everyone to post about everything under the sun and under Webkinz sun but it has gone overboard.
That is just my opinion, and everyone is intitled to their opinions.
View Post Originally Posted by ButterflyFlower
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! It bothers me that a LOT of what is on this site, in the forums, isn't Webkinz related at all. It shocks me that A LOT of people on here don't even like Webkinz! I've seen several polls and threads asking if people play Webkinz, and there is an overwhelming number of people who don't. I think WebkinzInsider should just be about Webkinz. WEBKINZInsider.
View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I love the variety here. It's one of the reasons I joined! There are MANY sections that are all about Webkinz. There are also sections for other discussions, clubs, games, contests, role playing, polls, etc, that are SO much fun! Most of this site is about Webkinz, but I also love all the rest too.
View Post Originally Posted by mom w charm
Yes this site has a large variety to it & you can choose what part you like best & spend your time there. Webkinz related or not, its really up to you !!
View Post Originally Posted by rockermom
Justin is my Webkinz

Justin who?

The mods do a thankless job of keeping a huge amount of members relatively "in line" and the few "inappropriate" things that you see you can do your part by "red flagging them" so they can be evaluated by the administration.

We have a big group of people who are lucky enough to share a love of a wonderful hobby. and if we have a few more things in common......that is wonderful too.

It is all good stuff.
View Post Originally Posted by birthdayman98
Probably the pet's name.
View Post Originally Posted by Newsboys
I joined this website because of webkinz, and I still very much love webkinz. I see just as many webkinz-related threads and avatars/signatures then when I first joined in 2007.
We all have interests and things we love, and this is actually a safe place where we can chat about them!! I got my fellow Jesus Freaks, which are hilarious and very supportive, they're like a second family to me, then my fellow Newsboys, and my fellow Family Force 5 fanatics. Plus all the other great people here I've met!! I understand this is a webkinz-related forum, but it's more than that, it's a community, a family, and I'm sure you know, citizens of a community and members of families have different interests and want to talk about those interests and express themselves. I'd have gone crazy by now if I had no place and no one to talk about FF5 or Newsboys!!
Thanks for your opinions. I'll post answers later but i gtg.
Sgarabo is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
gangnam style

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

I do know that WI wants it to be appropriate for 7 years at the youngest.
A lot of posts not relating to Webkinz are in the Open Mike section- that's the section where it's OK to talk about things that aren't Webkinz, and I think we're supposed to maintain chat about G-rated topics, no matter what they are. Then there are the polls. Some of them are not about Webkinz, it's true, but it's otherwise just clothes and music and things.
You do have a great point, though.
tarsky781 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #27

Misagirl12 has a spectacular aura about

I actually am a teenager, but I agree with you 100%. Chatspeak and posts with fity "Lols" in them are a pet peeve of mine. I think people should definitely use proper grammar most of the time, and stay appropriate ALL the time. Ganz works hard to make Webkinz a safe place, and we should set a good example as the users of webkinz.

However, I also think its great how we have places to talk about stuff besides Webkinz, as well! I think it's really cool how we can talk to other people on subjects besides Webkinz. I think you make a good point, but we should be able to talk about other things in their designated areas.
Misagirl12 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 09:17 PM   #28
e all fall down
Gift Guru

suneshin3 knows the way
suneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the waysuneshin3 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by Sgarabo
OK, well, I'm not saying teenagers shouldn't join, but I feel like everyone's personality is kind of like a teenager and I just don't think we should be doing that because, well, little do we know, six year olds could be on here! And some people have inappropriate avatars or signatures or like they post a picture of Lady GaGa or something and, she's not very modest about her clothes choice. Also, on polls, some people have really mean answers and if the six year old (just probably the youngest I can go) saw that, their parents would have no idea because they thought "Oh, yes, you can join that. After all it is called Webkinzinsider". AND if they made a shop, and their graphics weren't really that good, someone could come out and say "I don't like your shop." or "I don't like what you made me".
And, most of the threads or posts around here are not about webkinz! If I could guess I'd say 35% out of 100% the posts/threads are are about webkinz. And the rest are about bands or clothes, or anything not webkinz.
So, all I'm asking is please think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.
Thank you.

~SGarabo~
I agree with you on the most part here. I mean, for avatars and signatures, people definitely need to think twice.

If somebody were to open a shop, they are taking the risk and making a choice. Not everybody will love your work, and that's a fact you'll just have to deal with. I'm not saying that it's OK to call somebody's work ugly, i'm just saying that some people may say i don't really like how it turned out, but thanks anyways. They may word it better, but i HAVE seen constructive criticism many times, and i have no objection to it as long as it doesn't turn into bullying.

Now, yes this IS a Webkinz site, but that doesn't mean that everything is going to be about webkinz. I'm guessing that that's one of the reasons they split it up into sections. Those who only come here for reasons pertaining to webkinz will browse and post on the webkinz related sections. Nobody is forcing them to do otherwise. There are a lot of teenagers here, and i am one myself. Teenagers go through a lot, and a lot of these threads actually help them out. There's a section called open mike for a reason. I mean, people here are so nice, and you kind of get really tempted to sit there and chat. I'm sure you would want people chatting in the middle of an important webkinz related thread, so what's wrong with doing it elsewhere on the site?

These are just my opinions, and i think this is an interesting thread, and i'd like to hear yours too! :)
suneshin3 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

I agree! Sometimes we get little differences like religion or opinions, and they rule all of our posts rather than the love of Webkinz! It's not that I don't believe we should have our own religons and opinions, it just annoys me when people can't let loose and have fun. We all love Webkinz, and that's all that matters. Please don't let your feelings/thoughts/attitudes get in the way of what's really impotsnt on WI... Friendships, Webkinz, and Fun!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #30
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Sgarabo
OK, well, I'm not saying teenagers shouldn't join, but I feel like everyone's personality is kind of like a teenager and I just don't think we should be doing that because, well, little do we know, six year olds could be on here! And some people have inappropriate avatars or signatures or like they post a picture of Lady GaGa or something and, she's not very modest about her clothes choice. Also, on polls, some people have really mean answers and if the six year old (just probably the youngest I can go) saw that, their parents would have no idea because they thought "Oh, yes, you can join that. After all it is called Webkinzinsider". AND if they made a shop, and their graphics weren't really that good, someone could come out and say "I don't like your shop." or "I don't like what you made me".
And, most of the threads or posts around here are not about webkinz! If I could guess I'd say 35% out of 100% the posts/threads are are about webkinz. And the rest are about bands or clothes, or anything not webkinz.
So, all I'm asking is please think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.
Thank you.

~SGarabo~
Just, I don't really understand what you are saying. Just because the title is Webkinzinsider, that doesn't really mean every section has to be about WW. And, (like below) parents would NOT let their 6 year olds on WI.

Well, I am sorry, but six year olds actually aren't allowed on WI, and I don't think they could even manage to find themselves here

First of all, the Avvies and siggies, yes, some are deemed inappropriate, but those get taken care of, most of the times

Second, the polls section is for any poll, really, so they don't have to be WW- Related

Third, there is an open mike section to talk about non-WW stuff.

Fourth, there are only like-- 2 sections that talk about non-webkinz stuff.

To top it all off, , most people come here because the enviroment is warm and welcoming. Everyone here is nice and kind, and that is why people come! !

ALL WI chat does not have to be STRICTLY about WW, everyone can talk about any thing they want (if it is appropriate) in the Open Mike, DCT and GEDCTs, and the Pollz.
Closed