Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Melody is my
Banned
Sgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Default Remeber, this is a WEBKINZ website!!

OK, well, I'm not saying teenagers shouldn't join, but I feel like everyone's personality is kind of like a teenager and I just don't think we should be doing that because, well, little do we know, six year olds could be on here! And some people have inappropriate avatars or signatures or like they post a picture of Lady GaGa or something and, she's not very modest about her clothes choice. Also, on polls, some people have really mean answers and if the six year old (just probably the youngest I can go) saw that, their parents would have no idea because they thought "Oh, yes, you can join that. After all it is called Webkinzinsider". AND if they made a shop, and their graphics weren't really that good, someone could come out and say "I don't like your shop." or "I don't like what you made me".
And, most of the threads or posts around here are not about webkinz! If I could guess I'd say 35% out of 100% the posts/threads are are about webkinz. And the rest are about bands or clothes, or anything not webkinz.
So, all I'm asking is please think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.
Thank you.

~SGarabo~
Sgarabo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Remeber, this is a WEBKINZ website!!

I agree with you 100% on how we act on here. We should all be modest and true in all we say and do, like we should be everywhere. Thank you for the reminder to keep us all in thumb. As for Webkinz related content, we all wouldn't be on here if we didn't like them. I think it's nice that we can speak about other things as well and meet knew people.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

I agree with you!! My little sister goes on here, for Pete's sake... bad examples for her to be reading "whatever, I don't like her anyway. " and stuff like that. And, yeah! My dad even goes on here to peek at what I'm doing occasionally, and he sees all these word-fights going on, and he has said several times "I want to get an account and post on here, 'this is a website for people who buy stuffed, plush, toy animals!' "

So yes. I agree with you.
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 12-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Melody is my
Banned
Sgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with graceSgarabo wears the mantle of perfection with grace

View Post Originally Posted by megan100160
I agree with you 100% on how we act on here. We should all be modest and true in all we say and do, like we should be everywhere. Thank you for the reminder to keep us all in thumb. As for Webkinz related content, we all wouldn't be on here if we didn't like them. I think it's nice that we can speak about other things as well and meet knew people.
Yes. I'm not saying you can't talk about other things but you should try to keep in webkinz topics. Thank you for posting.
View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
I agree with you!! My little sister goes on here, for Pete's sake... bad examples for her to be reading "whatever, I don't like her anyway. " and stuff like that. And, yeah! My dad even goes on here to peek at what I'm doing occasionally, and he sees all these word-fights going on, and he has said several times "I want to get an account and post on here, 'this is a website for people who buy stuffed, plush, toy animals!' "

So yes. I agree with you.
Yup. My parents don't check my account but if they knew half the stuff I was doing, they would guest my account. Well, I'm not saying at all that I do stuff I'm not allowed to do, but you know, some things I need kept private.
Sgarabo is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #5
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I doubt a six year old could read and write well enough to take in all the info on this site. I don't think a child that age should be on any internet forum at all, sorry. As far as I've read here, the mods do a terrific job with editing inappropriate things. Even so, parents have the responsibility to monitor their kids when they are online. There are many teens and adults here. We all have a common interest in Webkinz, but a small child should not be online without a parent's help.
Desty is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

Well, yes, this IS a Webkinz site, and over 75% of the threads ARE Webkinz related, but we have the Open Mike section for a reason. It is so people have other things to talk about, find more ways to make friends, find similarities, etc. This site is working great, and I don't think anything should be changed.

Oh, and if someone has an inappropriate avatar, let an Admin know.

Last edited by CanesFan; 12-11-2009 at 04:25 PM..
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
I Wish You Would

panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum
panda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forumpanda886 rocks the forum

I kind of agree with you. The parts I agree with you are: the inappropriateness of avatars and siggies for younger children.

Why do I say that? I have seen some avatars that frighten me a tad (and I'm way older than a 6 year old), and most of my little cousins would be scared by them.

I don't agree with you about that we should only post about Webkinz. There are sections for posting about Webkinz, and then there are sections that can be totally unrelated to Webkinz or only partially related, like the polls, open mike, games, and some of the contests.
panda886 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Well, I kinda agree with you. You do have a very good point. I just think we should be able to post other things other than webkinz, so there is a variety.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
very addicted to

aibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond reputeaibowers has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Sgarabo
OK, well, I'm not saying teenagers shouldn't join, but I feel like everyone's personality is kind of like a teenager and I just don't think we should be doing that because, well, little do we know, six year olds could be on here! And some people have inappropriate avatars or signatures or like they post a picture of Lady GaGa or something and, she's not very modest about her clothes choice. Also, on polls, some people have really mean answers and if the six year old (just probably the youngest I can go) saw that, their parents would have no idea because they thought "Oh, yes, you can join that. After all it is called Webkinzinsider". AND if they made a shop, and their graphics weren't really that good, someone could come out and say "I don't like your shop." or "I don't like what you made me".
And, most of the threads or posts around here are not about webkinz! If I could guess I'd say 35% out of 100% the posts/threads are are about webkinz. And the rest are about bands or clothes, or anything not webkinz.
So, all I'm asking is please think about what you're saying BEFORE you post it.
Thank you.

~SGarabo~
I agree with you. There is way too much "teen" stuff on here lately. There are ALL age groups here on the forum. I have stopped visiting as much as I used to because of all the "teen" chitchat and behavior.
Yes, there are areas, for everyone to post about everything under the sun and under Webkinz sun but it has gone overboard.
That is just my opinion, and everyone is intitled to their opinions.
aibowers is offline Female
Old 12-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #10

ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!ButterflyFlower is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! It bothers me that a LOT of what is on this site, in the forums, isn't Webkinz related at all. It shocks me that A LOT of people on here don't even like Webkinz! I've seen several polls and threads asking if people play Webkinz, and there is an overwhelming number of people who don't. I think WebkinzInsider should just be about Webkinz. WEBKINZInsider.
ButterflyFlower is offline Female
Closed