Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Religion

I personally think Religion shouldn't be aloud to be discussed on WI. Some people (like me) aren't religious and it makes me feel uncomfortable to see all those "I stand up for god" siggys, and all the other religious polls and things. I just really don't think it is something that should be discussed... like politics. (even though I love me some politics!)

Religion is a very personal and sensitive topic... and I just don't think it's an good thing to be discussed everywhere. Also, someone who is a religion that is different from everyone else may feel excluded, odd, etc. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Tex
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
boom roasted
Webkinz :)

moonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guidemoonriver is a golden guide

Default Re: Religion

I completely agree. I mean, I'm find with a little note saying "Proud Christian" or something, but seeing giant pictures assuring me that Christ will accept all of us and that we should believe in him is definitely pushing it. Honestly, I feel like some people are a little preachy here. If politics isn't allowed to be discussed, religion shouldn't be either. There should be a limit as to how much it can be mentioned, at least.
moonriver is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you being not-religious makes ME feel very uncomfortable. I really don't like to associate with people who don't share the same Godly outlook as I do. It's a life choice that we chose and we want everyone to share this wonderful way we live: happiness and righteously.
It states in the Bill of Rights that we have Freedom of Religion and if i am going to be cut off from not being able to talk about God (because we do that sometimes in my club) then I will be forced to leave and I'm not speaking for anyone else but I'm pretty sure other will leave as well.
Nobody is forcing you to believe in anything. We are simply giving you the chance to make the right choice for God.
Thank you for reading and God Bless and Have a Nice day
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I agree, Tex.

Alright... I'm not religious either, BUT I believe in God. I just don't have a religion, and I've never really wanted to talk about religion in public either because it makes me uncomfortable. I do go to church sometimes with my friends.

I do feel excluded sometimes- thank you SO much for bringing this up!
View Post Originally Posted by moonriver
I completely agree. I mean, I'm find with a little note saying "Proud Christian" or something, but seeing giant pictures assuring me that Christ will accept all of us and that we should believe in him is definitely pushing it. Honestly, I feel like some people are a little preachy here. If politics isn't allowed to be discussed, religion shouldn't be either. There should be a limit as to how much it can be mentioned, at least.
I am glad others feel the same way. Same here, it's those big pics in their siggs and size 4 type shouting things at you that make me uncomfortable. It makes me feel like I am wrong for not being a religious person. Yes, that would work... like maybe a section for it, or only in clubs, or something?

Tex
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

and I'm also sorry that you all feel this way.
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

There was a recent poll thread with this same topic that was closed. I think the topic is too controversial.
kayembee is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
I personally think Religion shouldn't be aloud to be discussed on WI. Some people (like me) aren't religious and it makes me feel uncomfortable to see all those "I stand up for god" siggys, and all the other religious polls and things. I just really don't think it is something that should be discussed... like politics. (even though I love me some politics!)

Religion is a very personal and sensitive topic... and I just don't think it's an good thing to be discussed everywhere. Also, someone who is a religion that is different from everyone else may feel excluded, odd, etc. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Tex
I am part of a religion, but it does bother me about the I am a teen that stands up for Jesus, only 4% do. If a lot of people have those signatures, that seems like more than 4% will stand up for Jesus. Also, was there some study that only 4% of teens stand up for Jesus? Its kind of like chain mail in a way too, what if there is no room on your signature to put that? I really feel that we should NOT discuss religions anywhere on WI. There are other times and places to do that.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Let's get this straight:

People that don't have a religion doesn't necessarily mean that they don't believe in God.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

If you find a post that you believe is offensive or doesn't belong on Webkinz Insider, please red-flag it for a member of the staff to review.
FIA is offline Female
Closed