Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Regarding reading the first post of the DCT

I'd just like to give a little reminder, and suggestion.

COWS (or whoever makes the Daily Chat Thread that day) works very hard to make the DCT. She finds all these facts, or maybe just one fact for the day, and puts it into a thread. It's really interested to read-- sometimes it's humurous, at other times it may simply be something that not many people know about, but once you read it, you find that you had a good time reading it (maybe supplemented with a good laugh!).

I'm encouraging you to read the first post of the DCT and GE DCT. Hard work is put into making it, and it's incredibly interesting to read... yes, I know, people love to have the honor of getting first, second, and third post on the daily chat thread, but did you know that sometimes something is hidden inside the first post, like maybe "say (something related to the topic of that day's DCT) to get one of the first three posts or else your post will be deleted".

No, I'm not saying the DCT has to be on that topic. I've never really seen a DCT going on about the topic of it, except for maybe the first few pages. I don't really go on the DCT, so I wouldn't know for sure, but I do, most mornings when I wake up, read the DCT. I usually don't post on it, but it's fun to read the first post. I would like to encourage you to try this too.

Please consider this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: Regarding reading the first post of the DCT

I agree. (: It's just like any other thread. You would read the first post before posting on any other thread right?
So, why don't people read it on the DCT? You make a great point. It is usually pretty interesting to read.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #3
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Thanks WhiteT. It's true, the first post on the DCT is very fun to read.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I agree with you. Of course, everyone wants first post... so I think that's why most people don't read it. When I'm on the DCT, I usually post and say 'hi' or something, and then go up and read the first post. It is really interesting.
I expecially liked the which came first? The chicken or the egg, DCT. It was cute.
The point is, that the mods/admins work hard to make the DCT nice. They DO spend much time creating these threads. And they always deliver. They never just say 'oh, can't find an easy fact, guess there's no DCT.' They search and search for a fact. And if they still can't find it, then they make it something else interesting!
Great thread Ave!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 04-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
hoa! What if I'm a
Webkinz :)

Paramore Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

The Daily Chat Thread sounds pretty cool! (If COWS came up with it, I'm sure it is, LOL). I'm sort of new here, and I've never heard of the DCT before now. Could someone who has the time kindly post the link on my profile? I'll go search for it right now. Hopefully some results will turn up.

I promise I will try to post on the Daily Chat Thread! I'd be really lucky to be the first post of the day, wouldn't I?
Paramore Girl is offline Female
Old 04-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #6
Gift Guru

PaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roostPaperButterfly rules the roost

Donation Award 

Wonderful points and well said Ave. You have a knack for pointing these things out for us. Lol I started checking the DCT everyday not to post but just to see what the first post is about. I love reading the first post because I usually learn something new.

Isn’t that one of the great things about life – that you can learn something new everyday!
PaperButterfly is offline Female
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #7
webkinz_forever

Thanks so much for saying this
I never get even close to the first page/post, and I usually read the first post.
It's always full of fun facts and things I never knew!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
I'd just like to give a little reminder, and suggestion.

COWS (or whoever makes the Daily Chat Thread that day) works very hard to make the DCT. She finds all these facts, or maybe just one fact for the day, and puts it into a thread. It's really interested to read-- sometimes it's humurous, at other times it may simply be something that not many people know about, but once you read it, you find that you had a good time reading it (maybe supplemented with a good laugh!).

I'm encouraging you to read the first post of the DCT and GE DCT. Hard work is put into making it, and it's incredibly interesting to read... yes, I know, people love to have the honor of getting first, second, and third post on the daily chat thread, but did you know that sometimes something is hidden inside the first post, like maybe "say (something related to the topic of that day's DCT) to get one of the first three posts or else your post will be deleted".

No, I'm not saying the DCT has to be on that topic. I've never really seen a DCT going on about the topic of it, except for maybe the first few pages. I don't really go on the DCT, so I wouldn't know for sure, but I do, most mornings when I wake up, read the DCT. I usually don't post on it, but it's fun to read the first post. I would like to encourage you to try this too.

Please consider this.
Rep! I agree! I think one of the DCT's was like "Say (something) if you are one of the first three posts on the DCT or your post will be delated." It was kinda like a contest. And instead of just going "First post!!!!!!!" You could go "First post! Thanks for making today's DCT! "
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

yep, i read the first post, sometimes i read all the posts when i have spare time. it's kind of fun
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #10
Jacob Black is my

aquamarine101 will become famous soon enough

thank you so much for pointing this out. i try to read the dct every day (i have to admit that sometimes i just feel like posting, though) but no one at the dct ever talks about the topic. i'll bring this up at the dct and post the link so many more people can read this. thanks again for posting this - it really shows.
aquamarine101 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange