Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Give a
Gift Guru

kinzdreamer has disabled reputation

Default Referrals

What are referrals? I saw under statistics at the very bottom it gives a # of referrals. How do you give/get them and what do they do?
kinzdreamer is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
My dog likes
Webkinz :)

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

Default Re: Referrals

View Post Originally Posted by kinzdreamer
What are referrals? I saw under statistics at the very bottom it gives a # of referrals. How do you give/get them and what do they do?
I THINK they're how many posts you've got flagged, but I'm not 100% sure.
Tango is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

If you see that someone has a refferal it means they told someone about WI and that person made an account. You can ony give them when you first make an account. You can get them by telling someone about WI and give them your username. Then when they make an account they can say you were the one that referred them.
~E-Angel
E-Angel is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Give a
Gift Guru

I see! I thought it was something bad or like reputation. Thanks for informing me. Great way of explaining it.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #5
GreekAsianPanda

I think it's how many people you referred WI to, assuming they filled out the part of the registration form where they tell who referred the site to them.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Edward♥Cullen

E-Angel is a jewel in the roughE-Angel is a jewel in the rough

You're welcome. I thought they were bad too, but then someone told me they were actually good things. xD
~E-Angel
E-Angel is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

When people join they can put the person's WI username as their referral, as in the person who told them about the site.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
Give a
Gift Guru

I remember seeing that a long time ago when I signed up. No one referred me though, I found this site through Google
Old 12-29-2008, 11:41 PM   #9
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Referals are the amount of people who used you as a referer.
An example of this is my brother joined this site after I did right? So when a member first joins, there is a box that says: " Did someone refer you to this site?" I had my brother type in my WI username because I refered him to this site. Referals are just the amount of people who typed in your name in that box

EDIT:
I read over the above; it sounds alittle patchy, so I am going to add one more thing:
A referal is like " Who told you about WI and made you want to join ?" You get a referal by someone typing in your name in a special box when they fill out their member application.

Last edited by Lake; 12-29-2008 at 11:44 PM..
Old 12-30-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

A referrer is the person that showed you this site ...

for example ... WEBKINZFRIEND7654 ( made up member ) showed WEBKINZFRIEND765 ( made up member ) this site ... WEBKINZFRIEND7654 is the refferrer ... when you register you fill in this box :

( Here is a picture )

Referrer.bmp
vanvan20 is offline Female
Closed