Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Recycling Bin! *About Posts, and Deleted Threads!* (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/recycling-bin-%2Aabout-posts-deleted-threads-516121/)

januarywebkinz06-09-2009 07:06 PM

Recycling Bin! *About Posts, and Deleted Threads!*

Well, how many of you have lost posts because you posted on a thread and it was deleted?
I know I have, and I lost a good 400.
You may say, "It's only posts, who cares?"
In response to that, I have seen threads in the Somebody Help, that say this "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY POSTS!?!?!?!?!?!"
The responses were "Sorry, but, a thread that you frequently posted on must have been deleted."

Heres my idea! The staff could have a recycling bin section, that is hidden from us *That means we can't see it :O* They move every thread that should be deleted into that section!

YOu may be saying, "But, it says 'Thread Moved:......."
There is an option in vBulletin, where you can choose to leave "No Redirect" which means you will not see that (:

So, we keep our post count, and the bad thread is out of the picture (:

zebra12345606-09-2009 07:08 PM

Re: Recycling Bin! *About Posts, and Deleted Threads!*

Doesn't ********** use that? I like the idea, but it takes up A LOT of forum space, especially for a forum this big.

mouse406-09-2009 07:11 PM

Good idea. Single posts should still be deleted, for spam reasons, ya know?

januarywebkinz06-09-2009 07:15 PM

Thank you for all of your opinions (:

crazysince9506-09-2009 07:21 PM

Good suggestion :) It would be a tough decision for the staff over here I imagine, though, due to the enormous size of the forum

bob nws III06-09-2009 07:24 PM

Thats a good idea. I know this forum is huge, but it would clear up some confusion. I think the staff should get to decide this one...

Baby25206-09-2009 07:29 PM

I would love that but it would take up a lot of space.

Meow Face06-09-2009 07:31 PM

I like your idea but as others have said it might be hard with a forum this size. There are also some posts that are deleted because they are spam, inappropriate, off topic etc.. This would take a lot of effort for the moderators to decide which posts are to be secretly kept and which ones need to be just deleted.

I really like the idea but think that the mods/admins would have to talk it over amongst themselves first. :)

Thanks for sharing!

dumblonde69306-09-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob nws III (Post 14861957)
Thats a good idea. I know this forum is huge, but it would clear up some confusion. I think the staff should get to decide this one...

I agree Bob! :) :thumbup: ;)

januarywebkinz06-09-2009 07:39 PM

Thank you all for your opinions (: