Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 AM   #71
MY NAME IS EMMA
Gifted

coolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wondercoolawesomeAbby wows us all with wonder

Default Re: This REALLY got me thinking...

This is a great point! REP!
coolawesomeAbby is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 06:50 AM   #72
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by coolawesomeAbby
This is a great point! REP!
Thank you Emma!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #73
He Reigns
Webkinz :)

btvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonderbtvs49 wows us all with wonder

Boy are you right. That poster should be posted every where. People need to remember what we will be judged on in the end isn't how may webkinz we have!!!, but what have we done for others, esp. in Gods eyes. How we have lived and who have we helped. Thanks for this post.
btvs49 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #74
Gift Guru

wendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

I have read all your amazing comments and thoughts. Actually, mine are quite simple, and perhaps a bit silly, but........

OK. I'm an "old" grown-up. In fact, it was my grandchildren that got me started back when Webkinz was just beginning. We share a world and frame of reference across generations. They play, their friends play, their mothers play and we all play with each other as well as on our own. It's simple. I love the world and it's inhabitants I've created on WW. I'm not obsessive or competitive, I just love visiting and playing and creating and communicating. Some days a lot, some a little. Even though it's not real, it's real. It's a part of my life. I am constantly amazed at the imagination and skill of the Ganz team. I am a tad put off by the seriously expanding money generating tactics at the expense of the core program available to anyone with as few as one pet, but capitailism is the name of the American game, after all. I don't see it as any great philosophical issue. And I, for one, hope WW and WI is here in 20 years, for all of us who want to keep playing and all of those being born to play on. I would miss my little creatures and all their rooms and gardens forever. Who knows, maybe me, my grandchildren and their children will be spinning the Wheel of Wow!!
wendypie is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM   #75
keldustin

lbudgie8 has a spectacular aura about

I agree that someday ( not anytime soon ) that I might get tired of this, but I have only been here for alittle while and I really enjoy WI. I have been on webkinz for a few year's. I did not even know about any of this until my grandson's teacher started geting him webkinz and started his online sight. My daughter and I checked it out and that is how we got started. I am always taking care of my family and this is one way that I can have some time for myself,if only for a short time,and it is my way of relaxing.
lbudgie8 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #76

bonairgirl is on a distinguished road

Great insight but think about "live in the moment" enjoy what you have learned from this site and the friends that you have made here.
bonairgirl is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #77
snowvillage

snowvillage is an unknown quantity at this point

Wait a minute! 20 years is not that much time (trust me!) What you wore today, how you did your hair, who your friends were WILL still be important. It will be part of history and specifically, it will be part of YOUR history. You will be reminiscing with your friends and your family ("Remember when I thought I'd die if I didn't have a Coach purse? What a (fill in the current catch phrase) I was...lol! Remember when I was sooo into Webkinz? I've still got about a hundred packed up somewhere.")
You'll look back on this with love and a touch of embarrassment.
The poster makes a good point, in that it IS what you learn and not what you have that is important, but what you have (or want) is part of what you learn. I don't want to go against the Social Studies Teachers of the World but that poster is over-simplification.
Stop beating yourselves up over time spent on a website.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #78
hy yes, I am VERY
Gifted

sarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wondersarastuff999 wows us all with wonder

Well, you have a good point, but we do these things for fun! No reason to think about how sad you'll be tomorrow (Unless you're breaking the rules) That will just waste today. So go ahead! Have fun today, and enjoy today! And don't worry about tomorrow! Sometimes we get so caught up in this stuff, and really this was meant for fun, and if we only think about how it won't matter tomorrow, THAT will waste our lives. But that does have a point, don't worry about how good your hair looks, nobody's gonna remember tomorrow!
sarastuff999 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #79
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

You're right about this.

I mean, I am on here to make friends and to post stories and such. I try not to focus on my status on here.

- Ciara
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #80
Snackerdoodle,Imanan

Swonderful is a jewel in the roughSwonderful is a jewel in the rough

To me, it's all about focus. Try to see the big picture & don't obsess over anything. Too much time & money spent in one area means other things of value can be neglected & that can result in regret. Focusing on possessions, even as seemingly harmless as no. of posts or rep is vain, & all in vain. But caring about others, sharing information , compassion, a laugh, & brightening another's day are all things that make the world a better place, & make an important part of many people's world!
Swonderful is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange, dotdotduck rules!, grape jawbreakers! xd, great thread, great thread!~thok999365, hailee, makes perfect sense, never thought to compare, p.t. posted here, paco the taco!, stinky cheese, the duck was here!, think longnhard, [ii lovee youu]