Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #111
Webkinz :)
xKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the roughxKittyKinz13x is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: This REALLY got me thinking...

so true.

(that poster is also in out health room.)
xKittyKinz13x is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #112
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by thok999365
Wow, that reallly got me thinking. I got tired of the old forum I used to go to, and unpleasant things were happening, so I left. I go back there once and awhile to say hello to old friends, but then I leave again.

Great thread. 5 stars. If I could rate more, I would
Thank you very much, and I'm sorry about what's happening on that other forum you go on...

View Post Originally Posted by ChocolateCow
one of my teachers had this....i agree with you!!! we should just have fun w/ WI and WW while we are still interested in it!! it shouldnt be a competition!!
So true, Chocolate Cow, so true...
Thank you for posting

View Post Originally Posted by xKittyKinz13x
so true.

(that poster is also in out health room.)
Thank you, it seems like EVERYONE has it! LOL

Last edited by dotdotduck; 05-25-2009 at 01:31 PM..
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #113

imaclown is a splendid one to beholdimaclown is a splendid one to beholdimaclown is a splendid one to beholdimaclown is a splendid one to behold

WI Subscriber
Smile Re: This REALLY got me thinking...

For all of you out there that think that WI or WW is a waste of time...goodbye, sorry to see you go, BUT if you are having fun, like me, I'm so glad that you are here to befriend and support our love of these sites. I'll tell you a little secret, my husband actually bought me a laptop so that I could enjoy playing on the computer more. He said that if I enjoyed it, that he would rather be in the presence of someone who is enjoying life rather than being with an unimaginative person, who sits around watching TV all day long. Also, for the longest time I was in a wheelchair, with little hope of being able to walk again. After getting on WW, and being with some very nice virtual friendships, I put aside my pain and worries and started to work very hard. Today I'm walking, much to the surprise of everyone, and I think I owe it all to those who helped me to see the bright side of things, as was done on these web-sites. Your teacher is correct in her thinking that the styles won't matter, but it's what you bring with you in your thoughts and friendships that will matter the most. It's how we touch each other in each of our lives. Thank you for listening to me.
imaclown is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #114
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by imaclown
For all of you out there that think that WI or WW is a waste of time...goodbye, sorry to see you go, BUT if you are having fun, like me, I'm so glad that you are here to befriend and support our love of these sites. I'll tell you a little secret, my husband actually bought me a laptop so that I could enjoy playing on the computer more. He said that if I enjoyed it, that he would rather be in the presence of someone who is enjoying life rather than being with an unimaginative person, who sits around watching TV all day long. Also, for the longest time I was in a wheelchair, with little hope of being able to walk again. After getting on WW, and being with some very nice virtual friendships, I put aside my pain and worries and started to work very hard. Today I'm walking, much to the surprise of everyone, and I think I owe it all to those who helped me to see the bright side of things, as was done on these web-sites. Your teacher is correct in her thinking that the styles won't matter, but it's what you bring with you in your thoughts and friendships that will matter the most. It's how we touch each other in each of our lives. Thank you for listening to me.
Your post us amazing! I'm so happy that your are able to walk now because of your friends on Webkinz!

Thank you very much for posting!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #115

32saoirse is a name known to all32saoirse is a name known to all32saoirse is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by pfeagans01
Point well taken DDD, but-for that matter, in 20 yrs, most everything we are currently doing here in the NOW, will all be in that same catagory...I know besides eating, breathing, sleeping, etc...(you get the point), I do NOTHING now that I did 20 yrs. ago..if it makes you happy TODAY, then-HAVE FUN TODAY!!!

OH-one more thing DDD-TOMORROW ADAM WILL WIN!! I can hardly wait!!!
pfeagans01 said it grandly here about how I'm not doing anything now that I was doing 20 years ago. I'd like to state that I think it's grand the schools are putting that poster up now. They never had things like that when I attended school. People need to be reminded and even start young, in the knowledge of self esteem....cliques, etc. It's perfectly OK to just be YOU and not have to worry about what others think or feel. If schools and education systems focused more on that then the depression rates would be lowered and the self esteem rates would be higher. I have personally discovered that WW and WI are GREAT forms of stress relief from everyday life in general. As you get older, the responsibilities are more and the stresses pile up. It's a matter of how you handle them and learn from your experiences. I come here and on WW to wind down from such issues. It's not like I sit around and do this all of the time. We go fishing and camping as a family oodles of time a month. It's great. I hope you get the gist of this point I'm trying to make. 20 years ago I was in high school and didn't have a real clue as to what the real world was like outside of my own rhealm. I wish my schools would've taught us more about that and placed posters up like that to guide us better. We pretty much just had to figure the world out on our own time. What a learning lesson that is! I'm still learning everyday in fact. Even here on WI. That's another reason why I love this site and the community as a whole. I hope this aides in some manner.....great thread! Thanks for deriving this page!
32saoirse is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #116
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Great point
You're amazing (:
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #117
penguins and monkeys

iloverotwiler has a spectacular aura about

hey how do you use WI bucks and what are they someone click my name and tell me on my iloverotweiler page or you could click my name to get there thanks x100000000000000

i think you are absolutly positively right go to ww type my name in on friends and i would accept you like at my stats DDD you r totally inspiational do you live in the states if so what state

Last edited by iloverotwiler; 05-25-2009 at 02:33 PM..
iloverotwiler is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #118
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

I believe that social studies poster is inaccurate. I know I'll never see it in school because it goes against the whole mantra, but it should really say:

It's not WHAT you know that matters, it WHO you know that matters!

Take President Bush for instance.
Of course though, I know that it does follow that the better people to know will be the people in places of higher education for the most part, and it's a safe bet.
But.... it's not your only option, in order to succeed!

And getting back to the point of this: Social Contacts

What friends have you made here who are worthy of keeping along the long haul of life? Probably a couple.
jessica17 is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #119
Adventure Time!(:

PrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to beholdPrincessToeshoe is a splendid one to behold

DDDuck,

I think that this post of yours shows that you're seeing past all the publicity of the twenty-first century. As a very many of us really need to do. It makes sense to me, too. I used to log on to WI and WW multiple times a day. First, Webkinz just started to not appeal to me. I'm going on being a teenager and "Webkinz" didn't really fit that stature. I try to visit my little kiddies at lease once a day but, I have friends and school, and everything a drama queen deals with. =] Now, Webkinz Insider is getting less and less fun. (Like you said, don't get me wrong I still like it!) I'm trying to convince my parents I'm old enough and mature enough and responsible enough to get a MySpace and a cell phone and to start dating.
So, when it comes down to it, I think it's just us growing up and getting new interests.
Very beautifully written and put across to the public eye.

Love, Love, & Love Again,
~PrincessT.~♥

Click the image to open in full size. Originally Posted by imaclown

Wow! Simply put: wow.
I'm so happy you've overcome whatever illness and pain you had to become mobile and happy again. God's Blessings be with you!!

Last edited by PrincessToeshoe; 05-25-2009 at 02:59 PM..
PrincessToeshoe is offline Female
Old 05-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #120
lilbrat1
Gift Guru

lilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clownlilbrat1 is cool as a bunny clown

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by dotdotduck

The other day my Social Studies teacher put up some new posters... (I know, its like the END of the year! ) one in particular caught my eye... it said:
"Twenty years from now, it won't matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or what kind of jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it."

and I thought to myself: Wow! This makes PERFECT sense!

And here is how WI/WW comes in:
I know that many people, kids and adults alike (me included ) think that WI and WW are AWESOME sites! But last night I got lost deep in thought and asked myself: In twenty years, will it really matter how many posts I had, how much rep I recieved, what my WI status was, how popular I was on here, how many WW pets I had, if I was an Insider Insider or not, how many rare items I had on WW, what rating did my threads get? No... (I know there are many "What ifs" but lets not focus on those )

My point is that Webkinz Insider and Webkinz World are GREAT past-times, but someday we'll get tired of it and eventually leave (I have considered leaving before) and it makes me sad to think that all our hard work will be gone...

This REALLY hit me and I guess it might sound kinda ironic coming from me, (*looks over at posts/rep/status*) but I really think that some of us (once again, me included) have gotten so caught up in this and have REALLY come a long way and I will be very sorry for when the day comes that I decide to leave... I really wish that I could have thought of this sooner so that I wouldn't have wasted (maybe wasted isn't the right word... ) so much time here on WI...
*edit* Don't get me wrong, I had TONS of fun on here!

No! Please don't attack me for saying this! *raises white flag*
But please, nicely post your thoughts on this...
Thank you for taking the time to read this
We wouldn't be human if we didn't look for those tangible signs that we've made a mark or are liked by others in the world. Rep, posts, etc. help validate that for us here in WI. Anything that is a learning experience and helps you grow as a person is NOT a waste of time.

You have recognized an important lesson and this thread reflects that.

And you are right that in twenty years those things won't matter and you probably won't remember what they were. What I will remember is the great people that I met here that have helped share good times and bad times. Those memories will make me smile twenty years from now
lilbrat1 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange, dotdotduck rules!, grape jawbreakers! xd, great thread, great thread!~thok999365, hailee, makes perfect sense, never thought to compare, p.t. posted here, paco the taco!, stinky cheese, the duck was here!, think longnhard, [ii lovee youu]