Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Unhappy This REALLY got me thinking...

The other day my Social Studies teacher put up some new posters... (I know, its like the END of the year! ) one in particular caught my eye... it said:

"Twenty years from now, it won't matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or what kind of jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it."

and I thought to myself: Wow! This makes PERFECT sense!

And here is how WI/WW comes in:
I know that many people, kids and adults alike (me included ) think that WI and WW are AWESOME sites! But last night I got lost deep in thought and asked myself: In twenty years, will it really matter how many posts I had, how much rep I recieved, what my WI status was, how popular I was on here, how many WW pets I had, if I was an Insider Insider or not, how many rare items I had on WW, what rating did my threads get? No... (I know there are many "What ifs" but lets not focus on those )

My point is that Webkinz Insider and Webkinz World are GREAT past-times, but someday we'll get tired of it and eventually leave (I have considered leaving before) and it makes me sad to think that all our hard work will be gone...

This REALLY hit me and I guess it might sound kinda ironic coming from me, (*looks over at posts/rep/status*) but I really think that some of us (once again, me included) have gotten so caught up in this and have REALLY come a long way and I will be very sorry for when the day comes that I decide to leave... I really wish that I could have thought of this sooner so that I wouldn't have wasted (maybe wasted isn't the right word... ) so much time here on WI...
*edit* Don't get me wrong, I had TONS of fun on here!

No! Please don't attack me for saying this! *raises white flag*
But please, nicely post your thoughts on this...
Thank you for taking the time to read this

Last edited by dotdotduck; 05-20-2009 at 06:21 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #2
i think imma
Webkinz :)

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: This REALLY got me thinking...

Wow, DDD! That is a great think to bring up! Rep!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #3
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by clublab30
Wow, DDD! That is a great think to bring up! Rep!
Why thank you, Clublab
Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Omigosh. You are totally right. What an eye opener! It's so obvious yet it never struck me that way.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
Omigosh. You are totally right. What an eye opener! It's so obvious yet it never struck me that way.
Yes, same here! It had the exact same effect on me the 1st time I tried thinking about it...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

I agree. I have seen the exact same poster. I am not going to be able to stand myself when I am sick of here, all my time and hard work down the drain.
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

yeah my english teacher has that poster and it is totally true
trueblue is offline Female
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by stbernard07
I agree. I have seen the exact same poster. I am not going to be able to stand myself when I am sick of here, all my time and hard work down the drain.
I know, same here...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

Ok this is very strange my Social Studies Teacher put up that poster today, ironic

Anyway, I totally agree. What seems like a big deal now (rep, clothes, friends, popularity, thread ratings EVERYTHING) won't seem like such a big deal in 20 years! We do have to remember that (I'm being honest here ) It doesn't matter as much what people online think of you what people in *real* life do Great reminder!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by trueblue
yeah my english teacher has that poster and it is totally true
Gosh, it seems like EVERYONE has this poster! xD

View Post Originally Posted by warmblood12211
Ok this is very strange my Social Studies Teacher put up that poster today, ironic

Anyway, I totally agree. What seems like a big deal now (rep, clothes, friends, popularity, thread ratings EVERYTHING) won't seem like such a big deal in 20 years! We do have to remember that (I'm being honest here ) It doesn't matter as much what people online think of you what people in *real* life do Great reminder!
Well, I actually typed this like a few days ago and I never got around to posting it... LOL

but thanks for agreeing
Closed

Tags
code orange, dotdotduck rules!, grape jawbreakers! xd, great thread, great thread!~thok999365, hailee, makes perfect sense, never thought to compare, p.t. posted here, paco the taco!, stinky cheese, the duck was here!, think longnhard, [ii lovee youu]