Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   This REALLY got me thinking... (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/really-got-me-thinking-507805/)

dotdotduck05-18-2009 08:14 PM

This REALLY got me thinking...

The other day my Social Studies teacher put up some new posters... (I know, its like the END of the year! :idjut2:) one in particular caught my eye... it said:

"Twenty years from now, it won't matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or what kind of jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you used it."

and I thought to myself: Wow! This makes PERFECT sense!

And here is how WI/WW comes in:
I know that many people, kids and adults alike (me included ) think that WI and WW are AWESOME sites! But last night I got lost deep in thought and asked myself: In twenty years, will it really matter how many posts I had, how much rep I recieved, what my WI status was, how popular I was on here, how many WW pets I had, if I was an Insider Insider or not, how many rare items I had on WW, what rating did my threads get? No... (I know there are many "What ifs" but lets not focus on those )

My point is that Webkinz Insider and Webkinz World are GREAT past-times, but someday we'll get tired of it and eventually leave (I have considered leaving before) and it makes me sad to think that all our hard work will be gone... :-\

This REALLY hit me and I guess it might sound kinda ironic coming from me, (*looks over at posts/rep/status*) but I really think that some of us (once again, me included) have gotten so caught up in this and have REALLY come a long way and I will be very sorry for when the day comes that I decide to leave... I really wish that I could have thought of this sooner so that I wouldn't have wasted (maybe wasted isn't the right word... :-\) so much time here on WI...
*edit* Don't get me wrong, I had TONS of fun on here!

No! Please don't attack me for saying this! *raises white flag*
But please, nicely post your thoughts on this...
Thank you for taking the time to read this :bow:

clublab3005-18-2009 08:16 PM

Re: This REALLY got me thinking...

Wow, DDD! That is a great think to bring up! Rep!

dotdotduck05-18-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clublab30 (Post 14527459)
Wow, DDD! That is a great think to bring up! Rep!

Why thank you, Clublab :)

TexasGirl805-18-2009 08:20 PM

Omigosh. You are totally right. What an eye opener! It's so obvious yet it never struck me that way.

dotdotduck05-18-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGirl8 (Post 14527536)
Omigosh. You are totally right. What an eye opener! It's so obvious yet it never struck me that way.

Yes, same here! It had the exact same effect on me the 1st time I tried thinking about it...

stbernard0705-18-2009 08:26 PM

I agree. I have seen the exact same poster. I am not going to be able to stand myself when I am sick of here, all my time and hard work down the drain.

trueblue05-18-2009 08:28 PM

yeah my english teacher has that poster and it is totally true

dotdotduck05-18-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stbernard07 (Post 14527633)
I agree. I have seen the exact same poster. I am not going to be able to stand myself when I am sick of here, all my time and hard work down the drain.

I know, same here... :P

warmblood1221105-18-2009 08:29 PM

Ok this is very strange my Social Studies Teacher put up that poster today, ironic :idjut2:

Anyway, I totally agree. What seems like a big deal now (rep, clothes, friends, popularity, thread ratings EVERYTHING) won't seem like such a big deal in 20 years! We do have to remember that (I'm being honest here ;)) It doesn't matter as much what people online think of you what people in *real* life do :) Great reminder!

dotdotduck05-18-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 14527661)
yeah my english teacher has that poster and it is totally true

Gosh, it seems like EVERYONE has this poster! xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by warmblood12211 (Post 14527681)
Ok this is very strange my Social Studies Teacher put up that poster today, ironic :idjut2:

Anyway, I totally agree. What seems like a big deal now (rep, clothes, friends, popularity, thread ratings EVERYTHING) won't seem like such a big deal in 20 years! We do have to remember that (I'm being honest here ;)) It doesn't matter as much what people online think of you what people in *real* life do :) Great reminder!

Well, I actually typed this like a few days ago and I never got around to posting it... ::) LOL

but thanks for agreeing :)