Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

Default Re: Read Whole 1st Post

great point! trust me...those moments when you hastliy post based on the title are embarrasing!

i once saw lilyrose make a joke out of it...it was on her thread "i admit it, i work for ganz"(or something along those lines). anyway, of course she does not, but the thread was about what you would do to WW if you worked for ganz (for example, give yourself more kinzcash, fix glitches, etc). anyway, somone made a post on her thread that said "you work for ganz?" then she posted "you have just been caught by the thread title police" i cracked up laughing! love how she handled the whole situation!

anyway, i had to share that

thanks for this great reminder...it could prevent a lot of spam post!
bob nws III is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Is Back!
Gifted

Jumping Wizard is a forum hero
Jumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum heroJumping Wizard is a forum hero

Arrow Re: Read Whole 1st Post

Thanks so much for bringing this up! I've seen this happen a lot, and it bugs me greatly!
Jumping Wizard is offline Male
Old 03-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #13
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

I usually read title, first post, and the first page.
If the thread is 2 or 3 pages long I might read the whole thread.
But if we're talking 20+ pages I just don't have the time...or PATIENCE to read the entire thread LOL
But, I agree at the very LEAST read the first post, yes
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #14
what is going on
Gifted

lilhorselover is a creator of wonder
lilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonderlilhorselover is a creator of wonder

Thanks for the great reminder!

And I've seen certain threads with two pages worth of posts, but they all say the exact same thing. That doesn't really help, does it?[considering if you made the thread in the help section]

Rep for you!
lilhorselover is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #15
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
I also think that people should read the entire thread before posting.. I've seen way too often that people will read the first post (or part of the first post) and ask or say something that's already been said and/or answered.
Guilty as charged I have done this a couple of times, just recently I forgot to look at the thread post #. I got mixed up with what a respondent said instead of what the author said. THAT can be embarassing. In my edit I wrote I READ the WHOLE post.
It is especially important when someone has something they really need help with. You don't want to minimize their situation
Thank you Strawberry Jam for an excellent reminder.
A while back, people who had longer posts would put something at the end of it like
'If you have gotten this far, please put in your reply.'
I thought that was actually pretty smart
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 08:43 AM   #16
Gifted

webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

Ah yes! Thanks for bringing this up! I haven't done that yet... YET... And like you said, it's embarassing!
webkinz901 is offline Male
Old 03-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #17
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Agree, it can be VERY embarrasing if you post something totally different

Someone should learn to do this... *cough, cough... me*
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #18
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
Hello I've noticed that some (not all or many, just a few) people are posting on the thread after just reading the title. When you do that, you sometimes can post something WAY off topic! Believe me... it gets embarrassing! I once read the title of a thread and it was about adopting a new pet. So I went on the thread and posted something like "I think you should get a flying Webkinz if you don't already have one, the treetop rooms are awesome!" when the thread was about someone who already adopted a Webkinz.

How embarrassing!

So... I'm just saying that maybe you should read the whole entire 1st post of the thread before posting, so you don't make a fool out of yourself. Plus, it only takes a couple minutes to read the first post! This is just a suggestion, not a command... feel free to add your opinions!
Thanks so much for pointing out how useful a search can be... I rarely use it, but I think that will change now. But more on topic, I totally agree that reading not only the first post and several others will not only give you a feel for what it is all about, but sometimes some very useful and helpful information. Rep.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
Don't mess with us
Webkinz :)

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
Hello I've noticed that some (not all or many, just a few) people are posting on the thread after just reading the title. When you do that, you sometimes can post something WAY off topic! Believe me... it gets embarrasing! I once read the title of a thread and it was about adopting a new pet. So I went on the thread and posted something like "I think you should get a flying Webkinz if you don't already have one, the treetop rooms are awesome!" when the thread was about someone who already adopted a Webkinz.

How embarrasing!

So... I'm just saying that maybe you should read the whole entire 1st post of the thread before posting, so you don't make a fool out of yourself. Plus, it only takes a couple minutes to read the first post! This is just a suggestion, not a command... feel free to add your opinions!
I agree! It can be so embarrassing if, like some one posted "Get the Otter!" (Like it was a 'Otter or Yorkie?' thread), and they already chose one.

--oon23
oon23 is offline Female
Old 03-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
andy0323
Gifted

andy0323 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great point to make, thanks
Closed