Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #61
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: Rated threads XD

I flagged it and wrote the following:
Quote:
After this thread has been opened, there has been much controversy whether or not this would make a good idea. Webberlily said it probably isn't possible, but this member has posted a comment telling us vBulletin will allow it. I was just bringing this into future consideration and hoping staff can look it at it! Thank you and have a nice day.
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #62

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Thanks Priceless for the quote thing-ey.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #63
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Thanks Priceless!! I hope something can be done.
We need a little sprite with fingers crossed and hopeful! lol
Desty is offline Female
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #64

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Good point, Desty.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #65
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

I think people should rate with consideration and respect... but that does not mean I think they should remove the one or two star option. If there were only the options of good and great, or whatever they are, it would be like saying, "This thread is good. You have no say... you can only confirm this." Plus, I believe the same argument would be issued about a thread being rated good when it should be rated great... do you get what I'm saying? Another thing that might work is to remove the rating system altogether. And, truthfully, sometimes people just don't like a topic. I myself don't see the point in going the extra mile of indicating to someone that I don't like their thread by rating it one star... that just seems hurtful. For instance, I wouldn't want to join your fan club about the mice because I don't like it... I'd just move along, and I know you wouldn't, say, come to my Bones club and rate is one star because you don't like it. That's what bothers me... but I think lower ratings shouldn't be removed. Do I think they should be labeled 'bad' and terrible?' Hmm, well, maybe the word guidelines should be removed altogether. Just my two cents!

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I think the thread-rating system should be done away with altogether. If people like a thread, they can give rep and subscribe to it. If they don't like it, they can move on to another thread. The rating system is like a popularity contest, and is totally unecessary and hurtful.
Seriously, I would love to hear ANYONE give a legit reason for having that there...???
My point in a much more concise and intelligible post. As always, thank you, Desty, for knowing exactly what I'm trying to say. xD
Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #66
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

No problem

The thing is, if people rated things honestly, the thread rating tool would be very helpful. Since members are abusing it, and there's no way to monitor everyone's thread ratings, it should be done away altogether to prevent hurt feelings. Like Desty said, if you like a thread/post, give rep or subscribe to it! Sending a PM or posting a VM on their profile could be a way you let them know you like their thread as well. If you don't like something, just don't do anything and move on.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #67
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620

The thing is, if people rated things honestly, the thread rating tool would be very helpful. Since members are abusing it, and there's no way to monitor everyone's thread ratings, it should be done away altogether to prevent hurt feelings. Like Desty said, if you like a thread/post, give rep or subscribe to it! Sending a PM or posting a VM on their profile could be a way you let them know you like their thread as well. If you don't like something, just don't do anything and move on.
In real life, not everyone is honest. Some people like the stars on their thread, just like people like the rep boxes. REP gets abused everyday yet we continue to have it. No one has ever complained, "Ah man! I got another REP box this week!" ? No, no one ever does. Do you only talk to people have lots or REP boxes or only visit threads that have so many stars? No, you visit the thread because it was of interest to you.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #68

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #69
ell, Hello

NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell
NR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tellNR1991 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
In real life, not everyone is honest. Some people like the stars on their thread, just like people like the rep boxes. REP gets abused everyday yet we continue to have it. No one has ever complained, "Ah man! I got another REP box this week!" ? No, no one ever does. Do you only talk to people have lots or REP boxes or only visit threads that have so many stars? No, you visit the thread because it was of interest to you.
I understand COWS, but rep boxes are known as a POSITIVE thing. Thread rating are often used as a way to bring someone down. Yes, they can be positive, but they can also be hurtful when used AGAINST a member.
NR1991 is offline Female
Old 06-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #70

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by NR1991
I understand COWS, but rep boxes are known as a POSITIVE thing. Thread rating are often used as a way to bring someone down. Yes, they can be positive, but they can also be hurtful when used AGAINST a member.
I agree. It's also heart-warming to see those boxes and those nice comments they hold inside, while rating it's either you win some or lose some which some people are mean enough to rate bad. I mean, they can just skip it, they don't need to rate bad.

I find it to be a "in your face" sort of thing. :\ I don't mean to make anyone feel bad and certainly not be rude, but this is the truth and it shows a behavior that is certainly not tolerated in real life.
Priceless is offline Male
Closed

Tags
disable thread ratings, down with ratings!, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, i was hurt by ratings, kiki dislike ratings, ratings are unfair!