Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #31
Webkinz :)

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

Default Re: Rated threads XD

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Thank you for taking the time to listen.

It sure would make WI an even friendlier and understanding community, although I must say, it already is one of the most ah-mazing websites ever existed. If we all chip in and rate thread fairly and considerately, I'm sure we can do it!

Yes, I am hoping we can achieve this in the near future.

Thank you for reading this.
~mickey
Your welcome. Good point.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #32
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Yes, that is true. I support!
SophieKinz is offline Female
Old 05-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #33
Diabetes Awareness

akpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonder

I Agree that Rating should be done with all together It really not help full in anyway and it an way for peoples Feelings to get hurt. Personaly I would rather get rep than get a "Good" Rating on one of my Threads
akpanfol11 is offline Female
Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #34

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by akpanfol11
I Agree that Rating should be done with all together It really not help full in anyway and it an way for peoples Feelings to get hurt. Personaly I would rather get rep than get a "Good" Rating on one of my Threads
Good point! It would be better that way. & more fair.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #35
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

yeah. even though i dont care about the star limit i thing saying a thread is terrible or bad isnt the nicest. maybe just change the wording to
needs work or not complete or something nicer
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 05-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #36
Gift Guru

fluffy113 is sweet stuff
fluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stufffluffy113 is sweet stuff

I actually rarely look at thread ratings so they don't really bother me. It's what other people think, if they think its bad then thats what they think I'm not going to let that get me upset.
fluffy113 is offline Female
Old 05-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #37
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Hmm, now see, I both like and dislike thread ratings.

I do agree that it would be much handier if there were simply no thread ratings whatsoever. But I'd rather there be no ratings than "only fair" ratings, because if a thread was truly a bad thread, then it wouldn't be fair if you could only rate it 4-5 stars, amirite?

Maybe, instead of thread ratings, they could do what they do on Tail Towns, and show the amount of rep a person gets for a certain post. So, for the first post on a thread that somebody makes, you could see how many people like the thread by seeing how many rep points the person has gotten for the thread. I think that's fairer, since rep is either a "yes, I like - give rep" or "no, I do not like - pass on giving rep" type of thing. I would suggest the like/dislike system that websites like Youtube use, but IDK if vBulletin allows you to do that.

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 05-28-2011 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: HEEEEEEEEY MACARENA
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 05-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #38
jj8
Gift Guru

jj8 has disabled reputation

Either way is fine with me. I barely rate and if I do it's to rate it 5 stars. I rated 1 star ONCE but actually, it wasn't ME...my friend was with me and she was being mean and rated it 1 star.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #39
Call me Katie!

cookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcookiemouse333 radiates beauty and kindness all around

I know what you mean. I rarely get splendid ratings, but I rate almost every thread I go to (if I remember to rate it) one of the top two. I don't really like to bring people down much. =]
cookiemouse333 is offline Female
Old 05-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #40

geros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wondergeros9 wows us all with wonder

I agree that this feature is abused more often than it is worth. Although it can be a great burst of self-esteem for some, it can be a source of anger and embarrassment for others.

I thought of something today- Someone said that rating is an anonymous way to let others know what you think. If that is true, shouldn't we actually get to know what others think? I think that a "critique" box might be a very valuable resource, although it may not be doable on v-bulletin. People could anonymously type in their thoughts about the thread, and only the thread creator would get to read them. This would have flagging available, and mods would obviously be able to see who wrote a certain comment if it was brought to question so that action could be taken in terms of abuse.
geros9 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
disable thread ratings, down with ratings!, dudeeee kesha wuz here!, i was hurt by ratings, kiki dislike ratings, ratings are unfair!